The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Can i copy an idea that will be on Kickstarter but not yet on the market ?

SYK

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
227%
Mar 24, 2014
but the patent's owner is american, i'm French..so by the time he will think about us here in Europe, 5 years would have passed

Or he pays a few $1000 more and extends his US patent under WIPO (logical thing most inventors do), giving him the power to come after you in France.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ALC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
99%
Jul 19, 2017
France
Or he pays a few $1000 more and extends his US patent under WIPO (logical thing most inventors do), giving him the power to come after you in France.

Like i said, it’s already done, he protected internationally the entire product.
I can’t move, but there might be something to do, for the moment i don’t see it.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Envision

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
783%
May 5, 2014
Anyone who has been in a gym even a couple of times should realize that this is not new. Sure he added an app for the lazy fat people that need a distraction to exercise... but this has been around forever. Theres nothing wrong with taking an idea and improving it. That's what everyone here is doing, they are looking at what interests them and making it better. Thats it.

The way you worded your question sounded wrong unless im misunderstanding you, but anything great that someone has done was built on the ideas of those before them.

ALC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
99%
Jul 19, 2017
France
Anyone who has been in a gym even a couple of times should realize that this is not new. Sure he added an app for the lazy fat people that need a distraction to exercise... but this has been around forever. Theres nothing wrong with taking an idea and improving it. That's what everyone here is doing, they are looking at what interests them and making it better. Thats it.

The way you worded your question sounded wrong unless im misunderstanding you, but anything great that someone has done was built on the ideas of those before them.
I could have asked the question better, but indeed it was about copying the idea that man had about the plank pad and the mobile app, because i think this idea is great.
But it was more about "Can i copy this idea that is from a US resident and build it here in Europe without riskying any patents problem"

Some will say it depend on your ethic, i can understand, but as i said by the time this guy will even think about europe as mainstream sales...
The US market is big enough to keep him busy for 2y, and i would love to build something similar in France, but right now i can't.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Laughingman21

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
214%
Sep 7, 2015
The threat was created before i saw that a copycat "war" was already out there.
I've linked the products just before.

The product is not on the french market yet, but there patents everywhere and to this day i don't see how i can switch anything to be accepted.
The original product has been created by a multi millionaire, he's a fitness coach and creator of a big E-Cig brand, he sold this company for hundreds of millions, he already knew the potential of such an idea, he secured every goddamn part of the creation and anything related to it.

I'm not saying that i've dropped the project, it's just not possible for the moment, i can't find how i can produce something different.

For me ethic is something i value too, but the patent's owner is american, i'm French..so by the time he will think about us here in Europe, 5 years would have passed.

Sounds like he's an experienced businessman who knew what to do to stop someone stealing his idea. Seems like a sensible thing to do to me as this thread proves there are unscrupulous people out there willing to steal ideas and try to profit from them.

ALC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
99%
Jul 19, 2017
France
Sounds like he's an experienced businessman who knew what to do to stop someone stealing his idea. Seems like a sensible thing to do to me as this thread proves there are unscrupulous people out there willing to steal ideas and try to profit from them.
Each one his point of view, some big business man / creator has steal the idea from others, you even admired them (Zuck'). I'm in France, he's in the USA, he is already a multi-milionnaire, if he wanted to he could have dropped a massive marketing campaign in Europe, since his product has been on the market for more than one year..but we didn't heard of him.

I saw the opportunity, but he's smart, we can't do anything as he bombarded his creation of patents.

If someone tell me something that can bring huge value, i either help him to do it and put it to the market with him, but if he drop the idea and don't want to take actions, i will. Ethic or not, this is not stealing the idea but taking action on it while the other guy is laying in bed dreaming of being a millionaire.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.