The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Can anyone recommend some legit online classes?

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
I need 20 hours of entrepreneurial training for the self employment assistance program i'm in, and i can take online classes.

I was thinking on focusing on my weakest links such as marketing, accounting and finance.

Anyone got LEGIT quality recommendations?
The only requirement is they must offer "certificate of completion" so i can prove that i attended.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I need 20 hours of entrepreneurial training for the self employment assistance program i'm in, and i can take online classes.

I was thinking on focusing on my weakest links such as marketing, accounting and finance.

Anyone got LEGIT quality recommendations?
The only requirement is they must offer "certificate of completion" so i can prove that i attended.
Free or paid courses?

What type of work do you want to get after taking the courses?

Do you need printed certificates, or just a screenshot that you've done 100% of the course?

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
Free or paid courses?

What type of work do you want to get after taking the courses?

Do you need printed certificates, or just a screenshot that you've done 100% of the course?

free or paid is cool, as long as affordable(under 100 bucks)
According to the program:
This certificate must include the school or agency, the class title, the date you took the class and the number of hours it took you to complete the class.

I'm working on an app but i don't need much training for that, so i'm looking for general entrepreneurial training like marketing, laws and regulations, basic business accounting.

Actually for the app im using Unity3D and Google Firebase. Any online classes combining the 2 technologies would be very useful.
But this is still very rare right now, im on the bleeding edge of technology lol

Last edited:

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
free or paid is cool, as long as affordable(under 100 bucks)
According to the program:
This certificate must include the school or agency, the class title, the date you took the class and the number of hours it took you to complete the class.

I'm working on an app but i don't need much training for that, so i'm looking for general entrepreneurial training like marketing, laws and regulations, basic business accounting.
Interesting. I wonder if I could create a class that met those requirements...

What does "school or agency" mean? I wonder what proof is required for that?

In the meantime, have a look at my AdWords course and let me know if you think something like that would meet requirements. Ha... maybe I come up with some voucher for people on self employment assistance programmes that makes it "affordable". Then I'd need proof that you're on a self employment assistance programme.

I see a need...

EDIT: Here's the course:

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
Interesting. I wonder if I could create a class that met those requirements...

What does "school or agency" mean? I wonder what proof is required for that?

In the meantime, have a look at my AdWords course and let me know if you think something like that would meet requirements. Ha... maybe I come up with some voucher for people on self employment assistance programmes that makes it "affordable". Then I'd need proof that you're on a self employment assistance programme.

I see a need...

EDIT: Here's the course:

I assume "school or agency" like "lynda.com", "coursera".
Here's example of certificate from lynda.com website:
Capture.PNG

I fully believe your adwords course is well worth the money, but it's too steep for me at this time bro.

But perhaps when my app is completed and i'm looking for more customers in my niche, i'll check it out.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I assume "school or agency" like "lynda.com", "coursera".
Here's example of certificate from lynda.com website:
View attachment 15964

I fully believe your adwords course is well worth the money, but it's too steep for me at this time bro.

But perhaps when my app is completed and i'm looking for more customers in my niche, i'll check it out.
Sorry, totally not trying to push the course on you.

Just wondering:

Maybe I can create a discount voucher of $299 and make my course $99 for people on self employment assistance programmes? Except it's maybe 3 hours long, so did you mean $100 for the whole 20 hours?

Maybe I can add my course to the list of eligible courses? Does such a thing exist? If not, are there other people like you looking for a list of legit online courses for XYZ that satisfy whatever the criteria are?

What would I need certificate wise for my course to be eligible? Do I need to get my course (or my business) approved somehow?

How then do I ensure someone is genuinely on an eligible programme where I can offer the discount?

If that course isn't suitable, maybe I can create a course or series of courses?

I'd like to help people who're trying to get going. I think I could create a "how to quickly validate your business idea" course. (Maybe I should do that anyway?)

My main market is the people already in motion. My clients typically have a payroll for instance.

However, I have a soft spot for people trying to move from employment (or unemployment) to self-employment. It's why I spend so long in the forum trying to help people get out of their own way.

Sooo... by trying to help you am I potentially going to find a solution that can help many more people in your situation?

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
FEMA has free classes. Online. Has certificate. Legit agency.

Emergency Management Institute - Independent Study (IS) | Course List

They have some leadership and influence courses if I remember right.

Nice! thanks, those courses are meaty, cut a good chunk off my requirement hours.
I'll check out the leadership,influence ones, cause i dont think "radiological emergency management" applies to me LOL!

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
Sorry, totally not trying to push the course on you.

Just wondering:

Maybe I can create a discount voucher of $299 and make my course $99 for people on self employment assistance programmes? Except it's maybe 3 hours long, so did our mean $100 for the whole 20 hours?

Maybe I can add my course to the list of eligible courses? Does such a thing exist? If not, are there other people like you looking for a list of legit online courses for XYZ that satisfy whatever the criteria are?

What would I need certificate wise for my course to be eligible? Do I need to get my course (or my business) approved somehow?

How then do I ensure someone is genuinely on an eligible programme where I can offer the discount?

If that course isn't suitable, maybe I can create a course or series of courses?

I'd like to help people who're trying to get going. I think I could create a "how to quickly validate your business idea" course. (Maybe I should do that anyway?)

My main market is the people already in motion. My clients typically have a payroll for instance.

However, I have a soft spot for people trying to move from employment (or unemployment) to self-employment. It's why I spend so long in the forum trying to help people get out of their own way.

Sooo... by trying to help you am I potentially going to find a solution that can help many more people in your situation?

lol i know ur not pushing ur course, no worries.

The official FAQ for the program states:
You may use any provider that offers entrepreneurial training.

I honestly don't know how many people even enter the SEAP(self employment assistance program). I live in New York State and its an official program here, i didn't know it even existed until i applied for unemployment and got a SEAP letter saying im eligible to apply, probably cause i mentioned in the application that i make apps on the side.

Ill just upload the official FAQ so you can see the requirements for uself.
I guess u can say Adwords is training for lead gen,marketing, etc

Attachments

• p51.pdf
    193.3 KB · Views: 2

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn

inputchip

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
409%
Mar 26, 2017
www.tmkings.com
The Digital Garage by Google. Online Marketing (Analytics, Adwords, E-mail marketing etc).

If you are a programmer who uses databases, mongoDb is providing free mongoDb certification. This is a great way to get certified on one of the leading NoSQL databases out there.

EdX and MITx has a ton of free courses online. After the course you can get a certificate from them by passing a test that costs anywhere from free up to $500 but most are around $50.
Explore a subject with an XSeries Program

Open Classrooms
Stack Skills

Last edited:

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
The Digital Garage by Google. Online Marketing (Analytics, Adwords, E-mail marketing etc) works.

If you are a programmer who uses databases, mongoDb is providing free mongoDb certification. This is a great way to get certified on one of the leading NoSQL databases out there.

EdX and MITx has a ton of free courses online. After the course you can get a certificate from them by passing a test that costs anywhere from free up to $500 but most are around $50.
Explore a subject with an XSeries Program

Open Classrooms
Stack Skills
awesome thanks.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
lol i know ur not pushing ur course, no worries.

The official FAQ for the program states:
You may use any provider that offers entrepreneurial training.

I honestly don't know how many people even enter the SEAP(self employment assistance program). I live in New York State and its an official program here, i didn't know it even existed until i applied for unemployment and got a SEAP letter saying im eligible to apply, probably cause i mentioned in the application that i make apps on the side.

Ill just upload the official FAQ so you can see the requirements for uself.
I guess u can say Adwords is training for lead gen,marketing, etc
Thanks for that. I've contacted them to see if I can speak to someone.
Now you have me thinking about contacting the local enterprise offices here in Ireland...

Here's what I wrote to them:

Hi,

I've been messaging someone on your self-employment assistance programme.

I have a course that is very suitable for business owners and budding business owners as it shows them how to quickly create ads on Google that can get them leads and sales. It can be used to validate there is a market before investing more resources into ideas too.

The course normally sells for $399 but I'd love to help people who are genuinely trying to become self-employed. Maybe I can offer a discount for the course, or can come up with one specifically to help test markets cheaply and quickly.

Let me know if this is something you'd be interested in discussing.

Thanks,
Andy

PS: Here's where I've advertised the course at the moment:
https://www. thefastlaneforum.com/community/threads/andys-adwords-course-get-found-by-the-people-already-looking-for-you.72851/

I've sold it to about XX students so far and have had great reviews (you can see a lot of the feedback in the thread I've linked to above).

(Sees need. Takes immediate action.)

Argue

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
385%
Oct 1, 2016
NYC
Shawacademy is another one too. They have high quality entrepreneurial courses and offer diplomas of completion.

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
Thanks for that. I've contacted them to see if I can speak to someone.
Now you have me thinking about contacting the local enterprise offices here in Ireland...

Here's what I wrote to them:

Hi,

I've been messaging someone on your self-employment assistance programme.

I have a course that is very suitable for business owners and budding business owners as it shows them how to quickly create ads on Google that can get them leads and sales. It can be used to validate there is a market before investing more resources into ideas too.

The course normally sells for $399 but I'd love to help people who are genuinely trying to become self-employed. Maybe I can offer a discount for the course, or can come up with one specifically to help test markets cheaply and quickly.

Let me know if this is something you'd be interested in discussing.

Thanks,
Andy

PS: Here's where I've advertised the course at the moment:
https://www. thefastlaneforum.com/community/threads/andys-adwords-course-get-found-by-the-people-already-looking-for-you.72851/

I've sold it to about XX students so far and have had great reviews (you can see a lot of the feedback in the thread I've linked to above).

(Sees need. Takes immediate action.)

epic action man, only on the fastlane forum do i see things like this, still not used to it.

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
Shawacademy is another one too. They have high quality entrepreneurial courses and offer diplomas of completion.
looks quality and got free trial, nice. thanks.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

luniac

Platinum Contributor