The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Buzzfeed: Tony Robbins accused of sexual misconduct

Private Witt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
221%
Feb 20, 2018
Oklahoma

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior

When did "guilty unless proven innocent"? become the new legal standard?

This has been in the works for 6 months.

Man oh man it's like a bad breakup. Every single thing is being used as a weapon.

"AND YOU SAID YOU DON'T EVEN LIKE MY COOKING!"

Kruiser

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
318%
Aug 22, 2017
Arizona

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
The four women in Wednesday's report include Kimberly Stokes, a live-in personal assistant who started working for Robbins in 1988. She claimed Robbins walked into her bathroom while she was showering and “dropped his towel,” exposing himself. Stokes said she had rebuffed his advances once before.

Sophiah Koikas said Robbins pulled her hand onto his crotch and groped her breast at a Hawaii self-help seminar in the 1990s. “It freaked me out. ... I tried to pull my hand away as fast as I could, but he had a grip on my hand so tight, and he wouldn't let go," she said.

Dudes really need to learn some game. Do guys actually think this stuff works? "Oh your dad? You know we just met at Starbucks and he whipped his dick out and I was all over that sucker!"

That's if there's any truth to this. Given BuzzFeeds history, I'm doubtful.

Last edited:

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja

When did "guilty unless proven innocent"? become the new legal standard?

Well if they turn out to be false, he may have one hell of a defamation suit on his hands.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

daivey

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Apr 6, 2014
Tony Robins is amazing and this story is bullshit.
I hope he sues the shit out of them and wins and shuts this shit down.

Finally, I think the MeToo movement went to far and someone with real power can F-them up.

The Abundant Man

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jul 3, 2018
In Korea, it's actually very rude to touch people who you're not close with. Interestingly enough, I've always found it weird to put your arms around strangers in pictures. Maybe Keanu feels the same way.
I had to figure out how dating works in Korea the hard way. I saw this cute girl. During class, I kept playing around with her in a flirting way.

Anyway in Korea, dating is kind of like a BNI referral meeting. A friend has to kind of referr a person to you. They're very tight knit within their own social circles. You have to get in the social circle first.

I remember one time I straight up told this one girl, "You're cute. We should hang out at this coffee shop I know sometime." We exchanged numbers. She never responded to me.

My Martial Arts instructor shook his head, "That's not how it works.I been to US. US and Korea dating different." He then referred someone to me

Quite the cultural education

Although in my experience no matter where in the world, your confidence, being truthful, positivity, keeping her comfortable and safe goes so far...

The majority of the time I have gotten positive reactions.

Bryan James

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
182%
Jul 1, 2018
Texas, USA
The media, large social media companies, FANG companies (the majority of which are unsurprisingly headquartered in CA) are inherently partisan, biased, and at the point of not even trying to disguise it anymore. The same people attacking Tony Robbins for allegedly saying dirty words or whatever (oh no!) are the same people that made the quote "learn to code" considered Hate Speech on social media a while back. They're all experiencing a slow-motion passive suicide that will eventually implode as far as I can tell. And I'm not saying it's left vs right, D vs R. I'm saying it's the unapologetic partisanship hypocritically reported as objective reporting from both sides that will prove to be the seed of their undoing. People don't like being disrespected and history proves that all things unethical and immoral and wrong will eventually dissipate into nonexistence. The whole "guilty until proven innocent" angle is a reflection of despair from enemies of integrity. It won't last. Never has; never will. Integrity always wins. If that wasn't true the human race would be extinct by now.

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
I had to figure out how dating works in Korea the hard way. I saw this cute girl. During class, I kept playing around with her in a flirting way.

Anyway in Korea, dating is kind of like a BNI referral meeting. A friend has to kind of referr a person to you. They're very tight knit within their own social circles. You have to get in the social circle first.

I remember one time I straight up told this one girl, "You're cute. We should hang out at this coffee shop I know sometime." We exchanged numbers. She never responded to me.

My Martial Arts instructor shook his head, "That's not how it works.I been to US. US and Korea dating different." He then referred someone to me

Quite the cultural education

Although in my experience no matter where in the world, your confidence, being truthful, positivity, keeping her comfortable and safe goes so far...

The majority of the time I have gotten positive reactions.
Certain qualities like how you mentioned are appreciated by humans in general all across cultures. But certain things (like physical contact) are definitely interpreted differently. Point being, one must keep these things in mind that what might be charming to some is not for all.

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
There's more to BuzzFeed's 'investigation'... (I love how a website that has articles such as 'watch this man try to fit 1400 marbles in his mouth' or '10 times kim kardashian totally took it too far' is capable of an 'investigation')

But Jesus F*cking christ... let this guy live. I literally hate this political climate we're living in. I hope this story pushes this shit over the edge and makes people realize how dumb this all is.

Part of what they're bitching about:

He's totally right. He's trying to teach people to stop being such F*cking pussies and take responsibility for your shit. I hate this political climate. Actually hate isn't a strong enough word... i F*cking detest it. Grow the F*ck up.

Unfortunately yes, many millenials in the USA think it speaks the gospel.

I don't know if that's fair. BuzzFeed is consistently rated as the most unreliable news media outlet in research polls. And that by every generation.

Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
A nice takedown of Buzzfeed from TR, what some people call a "news organization".

Glad to hear he is suing them, hope he "Gawkers" them.

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015

AFMKelvin

Some Profound Quote Goes Here
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Jan 26, 2016
Rice, Texas
Careful now. Women are not ‘hypersensitive’ with the metoo movement, many are just not afraid to call out unwelcome bullshit anymore. Many. Not all.

There were fakers before it and there will be fakers after. If the movement makes people think before they open their mouths then the movement is working.

The root of sexual harassment is the “unwelcome” part. If you misjudge if it was unwelcome then that is on you. The alternative is for everyone to just STFU and do their jobs.

As someone who has had a lot of slimy, dumb shit said to me at work that I have brushed off, people touching me who had no reason to (that I was not permitted to choke out), and things happen that people wouldn’t dare do to males, let me say that “metoo” is about the shared experience that happens to literally all women and girls - and it sucks. I am not suing anyone but I have had more than enough grounds over the years at multiple employers.

If you don’t know, you don’t know.

Maybe Tony took his God complex somewhere it wasn’t welcome. Maybe he didn’t.

People like you are the ones that empower this vile websites. Basically you're telling us that everyone must believe the person that has two X chromosomes in their genes. There's a simple solution to your "shared experience that happens to literally all women and girls" it's a called a burqa. They might have some on sale this Black Friday. Buy one and I guarantee you, no male will bother you with their slimy selves.

I hope Buzzfeed, SJW's, Feminazis and PC babies get sue into oblivion when they misquote or make up information for views and attention. And all the people that are affected to stand their ground and not lower their heads.

We don't give our ancestors enough credit for their wisdom. We see our progression of technology and blindly believe that we must progress and change every facet of society. Civilizations have risen and fallen. There's nothing new under the sun. All that we're seen today has happened at one some point of our history.

Sanj Modha

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
315%
Feb 16, 2016
In Your Newsfeed
I've followed this story closely.

TR's team have reached out to the editors of BuzzFeed because there's some factual inaccuracies in their version of events (this can be easily proved by his team such as dates/times/locations etc).

Tony himself was willing to be interviewed on video by BuzzFeed but they refused. Make of that what you will.

Brian Suh

Silver Contributor
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
May 19, 2018
Not a TR fan, but I can see it from both sides.

There is definitely an over-sensitivity culture now, to a point where I know for certain I will choose to be single until the day I die.

In the same breath, a couple of those direct quotes from TR are pretty concerning, though in my opinion, not surprising at all.
amen. Not to sound cynical but every women I have been with has had a boyfriend. Every. Single. One. They tell me but STILL hook up with me. Even the nice innocent sweet girl who is college educated dand on the way to being a doctor. Call me an a**hole. Call me bitter. But I have seen too much evidence.

G-Man

Cantankerous Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
543%
Jan 13, 2014
Tony's gonna beat them like they stole something.

Real enemy here is the economics of "news". Market driven news in it's current state seems to produce click fodder infotainment. State funded news will create state funded "news".

Has anyone seen business models out there that produce real news?

Benji90

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Nov 3, 2019
amen. Not to sound cynical but every women I have been with has had a boyfriend. Every. Single. One. They tell me but STILL hook up with me. Even the nice innocent sweet girl who is college educated dand on the way to being a doctor. Call me an a**hole. Call me bitter. But I have seen too much evidence.

I'd suggest you stop sleeping with girls that have boyfriends, I've been there, and it's not where you want to be morally.

No doubt these girls will cheat regardless, but at least your conscience will be clear.

LuckyPup

Opportunity + Preparation = Success
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Aug 2, 2012
Midwest USA
Tony's gonna beat them like they stole something.

Real enemy here is the economics of "news". Market driven news in it's current state seems to produce click fodder infotainment. State funded news will create state funded "news".

Has anyone seen business models out there that produce real news?
Totally agree. Ryan Holiday's Trust Me, I'm Lying is a great look into the economics of today's "news."

Brian Suh

Silver Contributor
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
May 19, 2018
I'd suggest you stop sleeping with girls that have boyfriends, I've been there, and it's not where you want to be morally.

No doubt these girls will cheat regardless, but at least your conscience will be clear.
I don’t take pride in it. But I also want to have sex. Sure I can take pleasure in just talking with them and I do but most girls won’t let go of a boyfriend unless there is a better guy available

BellaPippin

B is for Beast
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jul 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
There's a simple solution to your "shared experience that happens to literally all women and girls" it's a called a burqa. They might have some on sale this Black Friday. Buy one and I guarantee you, no male will bother you with their slimy selves.

Ok I was gonna ignore this thread but that's just something very messed up to say and it triggered very intense emotions. I have to deal with 'unwanted" advances pretty often. I don't just mean the guy at the coffee shop who just tries to strike a conversation which I'm ok with. They usually give me their number and I take it politely and that's about it. Or the barista that says I have a nice smile. That's ok, makes me blush, feels nice. I'm also talking about the creep dude that sits next to me and starts masturbating in a bus, the creep that sits next to me on the train and keeps talking to me even though I tell him I don't want to talk, and because harrassment isn't enough for me to kick his a$$ and call it self-defense all I can do is get up and change cars, the construction crew that yells obnoxious, ridiculously sexual stuff from the other sidewalk on the third floor of their construction and everybody can hear about what they wanna do to my a$$, the guy that follows me a couple blocks and gets a thrill on the power play. I've been living that since I was a teenager. I'm supposed to got get me a burqa? Are you serious or you practice being insensitive as a sport?

And all the people that are affected to stand their ground and not lower their heads.

Yea that's what people try to do, BOTH WAYS. I had to suck it up and let it go because I knew there was no way to prove all the things my ex did to me in court. You are scared to approach women? Try having to install a CCTV in your house to prove your husband is commiting marital rape. Too bad he didn't beat me up enough to show, I just got PTSD, BUMMER!

When a lot of things happen you don't have a camera ready, damnit. Both men and women suffer because there's sick people out there and you can't just show what they did.

IDGAF about buzzfeed or TR. Yes I'm against false accusations and everyone should be presumed innocent. But your comment just sucks in every context.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
Something that I find fascinating about living in the weird world of screen communication is how people (I'm guilty as well) use the lives of strangers as excuses to fight with people who they actually know.

Angry biased man reads this and asks a woman he knows why women lie about rape.

Angry based woman reads this and asks a man she knows why men are such predators.

Were they just standing around pissed off for no reason just hoping to find something to fight about? That seems to happen a lot.

It's weird. Strangers are fighting about something, so we should be fighting too.

csalvato

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
May 5, 2014
Rocky Mountain West
Ok I was gonna ignore this thread but that's just something very messed up to say and it triggered very intense emotions. I have to deal with 'unwanted" advances pretty often. I don't just mean the guy at the coffee shop who just tries to strike a conversation which I'm ok with. They usually give me their number and I take it politely and that's about it. Or the barista that says I have a nice smile. That's ok, makes me blush, feels nice. I'm also talking about the creep dude that sits next to me and starts masturbating in a bus, the creep that sits next to me on the train and keeps talking to me even though I tell him I don't want to talk, and because harrassment isn't enough for me to kick his a$$ and call it self-defense all I can do is get up and change cars, the construction crew that yells obnoxious, ridiculously sexual stuff from the other sidewalk on the third floor of their construction and everybody can hear about what they wanna do to my a$$, the guy that follows me a couple blocks and gets a thrill on the power play. I've been living that since I was a teenager. I'm supposed to got get me a burqa? Are you serious or you practice being insensitive as a sport?

I'm glad you said it, because I don't think these words are nearly as powerful coming from a man.

I've been sat next to the guy on the crowded NYC subway who whips out his dick and starts masturbating.

As a man, I've turned it into a funny party story (one that people request I tell over and over again). I can't even imagine how I would have felt if I were a woman; I haven't even tried until now. I admit, it was scary for me because this guy clearly had nothing to lose and was off his rocker.

As a woman, it would have been terrifying.

Every woman I've hired or worked with has had stories of a boss or superior being incredibly inappropriate.

One woman was flat out told she wouldn't get a raise because she was sleeping with the boss, which never happened. The boss was just telling people that. She wound up going to HR and providing written proof of this, and they gave her 6 months pay just to keep her quiet. Sounds great for her, right?

Well, that's until you realize this guy got a relatively cheap pass to figure out what doesn't work, and has an opportunity to figure out how to abuse another woman.

On the flip side, we're entering a state where any woman can claim abuse even if it's unfounded. Several years ago in my first job out of college, one of my female friends in the office had a crush on me, but I wasn't interested. When I told her I'd rather be friends, she told HR that I was making unwanted sexual advances at her, and they threatened to fire me even though they knew it was baseless.

Whenever something like this comes up, I really try to use my head and not make judgement on either party unless there's overwhelming evidence (cough cough, R. Kelly)

I don't have any answers here, aside from that I try to follow the Golden Rule and treat everyone with respect.

It's a minefield out there, ya'll.

foodiepersecond

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Aug 2, 2019
Atlanta, Georgia
Buzzfeed has improved a bunch since its early days, but still I am not sure of its legit news worth. I remember Maddox made an article crushing Buzzfeed and IFL Science from Facebook. Its funny how they both cleaned up since that article and became more professional.

Jon L

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
272%
Aug 22, 2015
Bellevue, WA

Yea that's what people try to do, BOTH WAYS. I had to suck it up and let it go because I knew there was no way to prove all the things my ex did to me in court. You are scared to approach women? Try having to install a CCTV in your house to prove your husband is commiting marital rape. Too bad he didn't beat me up enough to show, I just got PTSD, BUMMER!

When a lot of things happen you don't have a camera ready, damnit. Both men and women suffer because there's sick people out there and you can't just show what they did.

IDGAF about buzzfeed or TR. Yes I'm against false accusations and everyone should be presumed innocent. But your comment just sucks in every context.
I love every word you said.

I'm torn because on the one hand MeToo is taken to disgusting extremes. Ruining someone's exemplary life because of something they may have done 40 years ago leads to no place good. Not for the individual, not for society.

On the other, our treatment of women is often abhorrent as Bella relates above. Not all men, not even most men, but some men do this, and it needs to be punished.

MeToo is like a prescription drug. Its pretty powerful, but comes with some dangerous side effects. Like powerful drugs in medicine, it should be used only where necessary. When its no longer necessary, we need to switch to something more appropriate.

We as a society aren't good at judging when we've gone too far, and we're also not good at backing off when its the time to do so. Perhaps people like Tony Robbins can help wean us off of MeToo and get us moving in a more productive direction.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.