The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Building an Email List for Sneakerheads

saas_dev

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Nov 29, 2018
Hey, I just had this Idea in my mind and would love to hear your Feedback.

Goal: Building a large Email List of Sneakerheads/lover

Content: Providing Dates for the Next Release, rumors for up coming shoes, Buy/Sell recommendation and so on...

Marketing: I dont have any large IG/YT Account so I would need to start a new one. Before starting and planing Content all day long, I would buy promotion on big pages and see if there is any demand for such a E-Mail newsletter

Money: Selling related goods like posters, shoe boxes...

whats your opinion on this idea? Did you already saw something like this?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

YoungnBroke

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
104%
Jul 21, 2018

Content: Providing Dates for the Next Release, rumors for up coming shoes, Buy/Sell recommendation and so on...

Marketing: I dont have any large IG/YT Account so I would need to start a new one. Before starting and planing Content all day long, I would buy promotion on big pages and see if there is any demand for such a E-Mail newsletter

Yeah we had/ have 2 companys like that in the german speaking countries. They started with WhatsApp Newsletters and they marketed with instagram ads but I think they earn their money with affiliating. But I think giveaways work best for that.
For example you team up with a sneaker influencer and start a gleam.io giveaway. One way to entry is typing an e-mail address for the newsletter and the other one is following your instagram account. That's just an example but with this you can yield a lot of persons who are interested and have costs of around 1000$ 500 for the influencer 450$ for the shoe and 50$ for the software.

Nick T

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
271%
Aug 26, 2020

I've heard worse ideas... I've also heard better plans for testing your hypothesises...

Why don't you see if you can get someone to read your content first before buying any promotions?

For example... you are hanging out in a FB group for sneaker heads... and you drop some knowledge. Does it get a lot of love? Ask for opinions/comments.

Go through your comments, and see if people will gladly sign up to your list to receive more.

Now send some emails out to see if open them... barring they do... Now find yourself influencers/run promotions to send people to your landing pages.

Once you get enough of these... create lookalike audiences and scale...

Before you scale up you need to figure out your delayed sales cycle. You will want to test your list over months to get your ROI and discover your best KPI's.

Your brand will be super important in something like this as trust is important... so don't get greedy and ruin your list.

Last edited:

danwan337

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Sep 23, 2020
India

Wow. Loved what you are doing. You should try posting your content on Facebook Sneakerheads pages, and see the response. You can even try Influencer marketing with IG influencers who can post your content for a barter (it will save you money).

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.