The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Accidental Email List

Marketing, social media, advertising

Brass777

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
Apr 29, 2012
Mentor, Ohio
I am trying to MANAGE a magic email opt-in list that wont stop growing, I have to THROTTLE IT.

I do not know what to do with it and when I try to start creating workflows I get overwhelmed and lost..because of all the moving parts and I am cheap and don't want to buy into autoresponders and pay $100 + a month.

Rundown:

I started a SLOPPY survey in the healthy food audience, very very broad.

I placed super low budget ads to the survey lander and hit a nerve, this was in Dec 2019! To make a long story short, in 1 week I got over 6000 responses and 4000 emails from that one ad that cost $110. I then tweaked it and placed variations of the ad but never pay more than 1-3$ a day per ad. I let the ads run on auto pilot for 2 years, at $1 a day, and 2 ads running. I now have 40,000+ emails and could have 1 million if I scaled it up, but I do not know how to manage this, I have contacted "GURUS" but they want a check for 4 and 5 figures before helping me.

I have tried to set up work flows myself but stop because the moving components break, like I started using GMASS and Zapier and got lost in moving technicalities (And I am I.T. Trained!) because I am trying to connect the spreadsheets collecting emails to an email software like gmass.

Now, I started internet marketing in 1997, made websites and sold eBooks online it was fun but long work because of static HTML. Back then we used the Warrior Forum to exchange ideas and business opps. I had a mentor, someone that was spamming the world making tons of money and showing me how to do SEO the right way...kind of. He helped me get to about $1000 a week in sales, but I was at my computer 11 hours a day, so I got burned out fast.

He as a unix engineer, I have not been able to find a mentor since those days. It is so hard to find mentors these days, because you have to pay them BIG money. So I guess its hard if you don't have the money to spend, or would rather spend it on business ideas.

So now, because I also am so busy with my day job and life, I just let it run in the background collecting more emails, it just wont stop..and something tells me if I went international...well, I could build something really big.

Any THOUGHTS anyone?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Pink Sheep

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
92%
Apr 29, 2019
I am trying to MANAGE a magic email opt-in list that wont stop growing, I have to THROTTLE IT.

I do not know what to do with it and when I try to start creating workflows I get overwhelmed and lost..because of all the moving parts and I am cheap and don't want to buy into autoresponders and pay $100 + a month.

Rundown:

I placed super low budget ads to the survey lander and hit a nerve, this was in Dec 2019! To make a long story short, in 1 week I got over 6000 responses and 4000 emails from that one ad that cost $110. I then tweaked it and placed variations of the ad but never pay more than 1-3$ a day per ad. I let the ads run on auto pilot for 2 years, at $1 a day, and 2 ads running. I now have 40,000+ emails and could have 1 million if I scaled it up, but I do not know how to manage this, I have contacted "GURUS" but they want a check for 4 and 5 figures before helping me.

I have tried to set up work flows myself but stop because the moving components break, like I started using GMASS and Zapier and got lost in moving technicalities (And I am I.T. Trained!) because I am trying to connect the spreadsheets collecting emails to an email software like gmass.

Now, I started internet marketing in 1997, made websites and sold eBooks online it was fun but long work because of static HTML. Back then we used the Warrior Forum to exchange ideas and business opps. I had a mentor, someone that was spamming the world making tons of money and showing me how to do SEO the right way...kind of. He helped me get to about $1000 a week in sales, but I was at my computer 11 hours a day, so I got burned out fast.

He as a unix engineer, I have not been able to find a mentor since those days. It is so hard to find mentors these days, because you have to pay them BIG money. So I guess its hard if you don't have the money to spend, or would rather spend it on business ideas.

So now, because I also am so busy with my day job and life, I just let it run in the background collecting more emails, it just wont stop..and something tells me if I went international...well, I could build something really big.

Any THOUGHTS anyone?
You have 40 000 people who are interested in health foods. You can do anything with that. If this was chess, you just killed their queen, and you're 2 steps from winning.

Courses? Supplements? Sell for other shops? DNA tests? Local checkups? Discount on gym memberships?
There are endless opportunities of stuff you can sell to them. Figure out what they want/need (they answered your survey right?) and give it to them.

Brass777

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
Apr 29, 2012
Mentor, Ohio
You have 40 000 people who are interested in health foods. You can do anything with that. If this was chess, you just killed their queen, and you're 2 steps from winning.

Courses? Supplements? Sell for other shops? DNA tests? Local checkups? Discount on gym memberships?
There are endless opportunities of stuff you can sell to them. Figure out what they want/need (they answered your survey right?) and give it to them.
Yes and they even gave me their favorite supplement and life health challenges they have.

Pink Sheep

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
92%
Apr 29, 2019
Yes and they even gave me their favorite supplement and life health challenges they have.
You can do something as simple as getting a generic version of their favorite supplements, rebrand it, maybe more potent or cheaper, and sell them that. Or you can do something more complicated and become more valuable to them

A-Funyarinpa

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Feb 22, 2022
What an amazing problem to have. Seriously, you could write a report about how you did this and sell it. I'd be your first buyer.

Speed112

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
284%
Dec 5, 2013
Over here, over there.

Find an affiliate frontend offer (with like 90%+ commissions) that fits their bill and test it out on a segment from your list.

You should be able to make $1/name quite easily with this without needing to be a marketing expert. But the list is cold... they just took a survey and most of them have probably forgot about it.

You need to nurture the list, warm it up a bit, and THEN sell something hard to everyone.

The reason every "guru" wants 4-5 figures is because you should be making 5-6 figures out of this with their help. The value proposition is obvious.

So the question is... Why the hell aren't you investing $100 or something in a software solution that lets you reach out to the list like a champ? It will probably cost a ton more than that to transform 40k people into solid list-members. There's some onboarding...

But you don't have to do them all at once. Start with 100, 500, 1000. Then scale up as you figure things out until you can reach out to more people than sign up. Then you can scale up both your delivery and your acquisition in parallel.

So you've got two options here imo...

Either stop being so busy with your job/life so you can capitalize on a 6 figure opportunity you've invested in building.

Or find someone to sell the list to.

Look for a product or solution that solves some common problem these people have. Try to sell it to them. See how many bite. If it's like 0.1% that's good enough. You can definitely grow that to consistent revenue and improve numbers significantly.

And set up a damn email marketing solution. You don't have to pay $100/month for them unless you're making way more than that from your list and need advanced stuff. You can get away with a $10-20 investment when getting started and figuring things out to generate revenue. Some like Sendinblue even have free starter accounts. This one lets you send 300 emails a day... if you can't make $50 in a month with 300 emails a day, your list is useless anyway.

Very promising if you play this right.

Cameraman

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Sep 25, 2021
UK

Rundown:

Any THOUGHTS anyone?
I've read your situation a few times and I'm unclear about what element you are struggling with:
  1. Is it how to monetise the list by selling it or selling to the people on the list?
  2. Or is it how to deal with the mechanics/technicalities of managing the list?
  3. Something else?
If your list has been gathering dust as long as you say then it's going to be cold and you will probably lose a large % if you just start trying to sell to them. There are already some good ideas and points already stated above but they mostly deal with point 1 above.

You do mention problems with automation tools like Zappier so I'm kind of suspecting the issue might be point 2. If it is, why not hire someone to build this with you if you don't want to build it yourself?

I'm probably one of the few who manages my own mailing list which I run from a WordPress website rather than pay the excessive mailing fees charged by the likes of MailCheat(Chimp). I use a plugin called newsletter which you could import your list to quite easily. If you pay the small annual license you can hook it up to Amazon Simple Email Service to send your mail in volume with excellent delivery rates. The software also includes autoresponders, tracking and retargeting.

Like I said though, I'm not clear on what your problem is.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.