The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Helping People with this lotion product - Best starting points!

Idea threads

cgtree12

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Aug 17, 2022
Hi all!
Mom of 3 little boys here. Loved MJ's book so I joined the forum a while ago.
I'm a financial entrepreneur by day (just mean I do all my own marketing and I help a certain sector of the insurance industry get set up with infinite banking).
BUT I have a real issue that I feel I can address. Crazy chapped hands in the winter. My son and I both hate the feeling of lotion on our hands so we never wear it, they end up bleeding like crazy all winter.
I have a good idea that will solve this problem. I will also be able to target kids with sensory issues/OCD/autism issues. My step right now is to gather samples from factories and tweak it.
Any of you fine folk have recommendations for finding a good supplier, hit me. Product will include tallow.
Thanks!!! Caitlin

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Hi all!
I'm a financial entrepreneur by day (just mean I do all my own marketing and I help a certain sector of the insurance industry get set up with infinite banking).
BUT I have a real issue that I feel I can address. Crazy chapped hands in the winter. My son and I both hate the feeling of lotion on our hands so we never wear it, they end up bleeding like crazy all winter.
I have a good idea that will solve this problem. I will also be able to target kids with sensory issues/OCD/autism issues. My step right now is to gather samples from factories and tweak it.
Any of you fine folk have recommendations for finding a good supplier, hit me. Product will include tallow.
Thanks!!! Caitlin

Why not create it yourself? @AllenCrawley owns his own personal grooming company and all his products are made in house, at least they were when he first got started.

cgtree12

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Aug 17, 2022
Thank you MJ. I'm wondering about the jar/container. I'll work on this!
I want something like this. Would I have legal issues to just fill these with my formula and get selling?
faaea8644cf84298db154e2f2c5a72aa_757x757.webp

fastlane_dad

8 Figure Fastlane Graduate
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
638%
Jun 20, 2017
Scottsdale, AZ
I want something like this. Would I have legal issues to just fill these with my formula and get selling?
faaea8644cf84298db154e2f2c5a72aa_757x757.webp
Obviously consult the legalities of where you live (and what state/federal laws) are like there but I suspect you will be just fine starting out making small batches of the product at home to try.

There are definitely strict laws towards ingestibles (supplements, vitamins, etc) but for a topical product with no regulated ingredients you should be ok.

That is also a great way to 'test' the market as well, and give you some indication on what the response is.

I'm sure you are already aware, but websites such as etsy.com are the king when it comes to individuals selling / distributing homemade version of various cosmetic products.

Good Luck and keep us posted on progress!

Parks

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Jul 20, 2020
Portland
Interesting idea. I am also a hater of lotion and hands get horrible in the winter. Looking forward to your journey!

cgtree12

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Aug 17, 2022
Interesting idea. I am also a hater of lotion and hands get horrible in the winter. Looking forward to your journey!
Yes! Ours just start bleeding early fall. A heck of a lot of washing hands goes into running a household.

ScottH

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Nov 22, 2022
Hi all!
Thanks!!! Caitlin
Great idea! As a weight lifter and former police officer, grip is very important so I've never used lotion. Even regular lotion with an applicator alone (like in your post below) would prevent it from getting on the palms.

cgtree12

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Aug 17, 2022
Ok Fastlaners! I threw the first iteration up on my Instagram. Apparently for reels IG will also show random people on Facebook. Here’s the clip.
Any weightlifters want to beta test this?

Attachments

• IMG_7429.MOV
    7.4 MB · Views: 0

cgtree12

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Aug 17, 2022

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.