Dark Water
Software Builder
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
- Joined
- Mar 25, 2014
- Messages
- 1,863
Rep Bank
$4,619
$4,619
User Power: 275%
This is a fun side project where I intend to burn down my tokens between Claude & ChatGPT before each of their weekly resets. Growing up, I was always a bit of a card game nerd, enjoying Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, etc. in elementary school, and then hopping on the digital side of things with Hearthstone, MTG: Arena, Gwent, TESL. I haven't played any games in years (outside of the occasional Chess game), but that kind of systems and logical thinking has stuck with me.
A lot of games were discontinued because big studios wanted to focus their attention. Gwent, Elder Scrolls: Legends, Mythgard, etc. all shut down, but retained semi-active playerbases during their sunset years. Hearthstone is still super active as far as I know, and maybe Marvel Snap, Shadowverse, etc. I don't know too much about it today. I do think this area is worth exploring for a solo developer, as after being in these types of communities for years in my past life, I know what players want, what drives retention, and so forth.
I think this will be fun to help me push the limits of AI, help me realize what is possible, explore new ways to build, get creative, etc. and open up opportunities for game building down the road.
The end goal is a progressive web app, a browser-based game someone can login to from their phone, build a collection, etc. Monetization comes in the form of people paying to unlock "card packs", which is a pack of 5 cards that is added to your collection; premium boards/playing mats; and other in-game items/microtransactions.
As of now, I have the initial game scaffolded, people can play against the AI, build a collection, etc. Mostly using placeholders for everything until I figure out the system that I'm building. All art is SVG, will use ChatGPT images to create real cards down the road.

The only limitation with AI right now is not thinking big enough.
A lot of games were discontinued because big studios wanted to focus their attention. Gwent, Elder Scrolls: Legends, Mythgard, etc. all shut down, but retained semi-active playerbases during their sunset years. Hearthstone is still super active as far as I know, and maybe Marvel Snap, Shadowverse, etc. I don't know too much about it today. I do think this area is worth exploring for a solo developer, as after being in these types of communities for years in my past life, I know what players want, what drives retention, and so forth.
I think this will be fun to help me push the limits of AI, help me realize what is possible, explore new ways to build, get creative, etc. and open up opportunities for game building down the road.
The end goal is a progressive web app, a browser-based game someone can login to from their phone, build a collection, etc. Monetization comes in the form of people paying to unlock "card packs", which is a pack of 5 cards that is added to your collection; premium boards/playing mats; and other in-game items/microtransactions.
As of now, I have the initial game scaffolded, people can play against the AI, build a collection, etc. Mostly using placeholders for everything until I figure out the system that I'm building. All art is SVG, will use ChatGPT images to create real cards down the road.

The only limitation with AI right now is not thinking big enough.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
