Brennan Duncan
New Contributor
That's basically what I'm hoping to do here, build a life for myself using this forum like a workshop (obviously not as my ONLY source of knowledge though). My name is Brennan Duncan and here's a quick run down of my life so far. I'll keep it brief, because well, it is.
I'm 18 years old, I work at a trampoline park making minimum wage, I live at home with my parents, next week I start school at a shitty college extension office since my original plans of going to an actual campus were shat all over by a VA Military loan fallout. Hopefully I'll be able to attend next semester or year if it works out with student loans, which is a whole different problem as well due to my parents income disqualifying me for any real financial aid. Apparently the system in place for qualifying for any government aid is completely BS (I know, Shocker!).
That should bring ya up to date on where I'm at in life right now. Now mentally, I'm lost. I feel like I've done nothing with myself so far besides ride the line of average and have hated every minute of it. I want to do something RIGHT NOW, weather that's staying up all night attempting to learn code or social media marketing, I don't care. I have no passions for anything and therefore I'm passionate about everything, if It benefits me. My only hobby and interest lies in space and as a realist I know that's a field of work that's only making money for a select few, and definitely not for an 18 yr old whos just bored of being bored all the time.
Which brings me here, I want knowledge, I want money, and I want it now. I'm hoping you guys can help me get there. Thanks for reading this and I hope to see everyone around the threads, and thanks @MJ DeMarco for creating a community of progressive people.
I'm 18 years old, I work at a trampoline park making minimum wage, I live at home with my parents, next week I start school at a shitty college extension office since my original plans of going to an actual campus were shat all over by a VA Military loan fallout. Hopefully I'll be able to attend next semester or year if it works out with student loans, which is a whole different problem as well due to my parents income disqualifying me for any real financial aid. Apparently the system in place for qualifying for any government aid is completely BS (I know, Shocker!).
That should bring ya up to date on where I'm at in life right now. Now mentally, I'm lost. I feel like I've done nothing with myself so far besides ride the line of average and have hated every minute of it. I want to do something RIGHT NOW, weather that's staying up all night attempting to learn code or social media marketing, I don't care. I have no passions for anything and therefore I'm passionate about everything, if It benefits me. My only hobby and interest lies in space and as a realist I know that's a field of work that's only making money for a select few, and definitely not for an 18 yr old whos just bored of being bored all the time.
Which brings me here, I want knowledge, I want money, and I want it now. I'm hoping you guys can help me get there. Thanks for reading this and I hope to see everyone around the threads, and thanks @MJ DeMarco for creating a community of progressive people.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
