The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

INTRO Brendan from Texas

Bdemuth1

New Contributor
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas, TX
Quit my job out of school 3 years ago doing equity research for hedge funds. Got a little bit lucky on market timing shorting the Industrials & S&P 500 Index when they open 4% down on Chinese currency devaluation news in August 2015.

Those funds afforded me enough money to move to Texas with whatever I could fit into my Jeep for about 6 months until I could find a job in commercial real estate. Took me about 2 weeks to land a position. In the last 3 years, I went from a temp intern at a large international corporation to the Director of Acquisitions at a small private equity firm with a $500 MM portfolio. The position allows me equity exposure in all new acquisitions.

Now I am itching to be challenged more and working on a side project to disrupt the current leasing model for commercial real estate. Still evaluating if I am missing something or some how my current hypothesis is flawed, but would love to connect with new people especially if they have prior experience building a technology service platform and raising startup capital.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
May 27, 2013
United States
Quit my job out of school 3 years ago doing equity research for hedge funds. Got a little bit lucky on market timing shorting the Industrials & S&P 500 Index when they open 4% down on Chinese currency devaluation news in August 2015.

Those funds afforded me enough money to move to Texas with whatever I could fit into my Jeep for about 6 months until I could find a job in commercial real estate. Took me about 2 weeks to land a position. In the last 3 years, I went from a temp intern at a large international corporation to the Director of Acquisitions at a small private equity firm with a $500 MM portfolio. The position allows me equity exposure in all new acquisitions.

Now I am itching to be challenged more and working on a side project to disrupt the current leasing model for commercial real estate. Still evaluating if I am missing something or some how my current hypothesis is flawed, but would love to connect with new people especially if they have prior experience building a technology service platform and raising startup capital.
Welcome to the forum.

Several of us Dallas folks here.

Sounds like you’re well on your way!

Kak

Who is John Galt?
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jan 23, 2011

Very nice to have you! Welcome from Houston.

I have experience in both, it’s nice to meet you.

I’ll go ahead and get your rep started. +500

OP
OP
Bdemuth1

Bdemuth1

New Contributor
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas, TX
Very nice to have you! Welcome from Houston.

I have experience in both, it’s nice to meet you.

I’ll go ahead and get your rep started. +500
Nice to meet you too. Thank you for the rep start up funds.

Reactions: Kak

Arun Siva

aspiring 大君 of the bourgeoisie
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Aug 31, 2016
NORD-TRONDELAG
I am actually in Dallas. Are there any good breakfast groups or meetups for startups that you attend?
I would recommend meeting with @amp0193 and @Kak its all you need to get started ha. Them two minds Would only strengthen your perspective. (Also if you have read the books as well)

Kak

Who is John Galt?
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jan 23, 2011
Any interest from the Dallas guys to do some BBQ in Centerville?

@amp0193 It sounds like you know of many FLF'ers up there.

@Bdemuth1

MJ DeMarco

Administrator
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Fountain Hills, AZ
Welcome aboard my friend, great to have ya!

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
May 27, 2013
United States
Any interest from the Dallas guys to do some BBQ in Centerville?

@amp0193 It sounds like you know of many FLF'ers up there.
I know some. There's several I haven't met yet too.

Is there anything actually in Centerville? I only know what you can see from I-45 and it ain't much.

I'd be very interested, but always gotta run plans by the wife and family first.

This intro thread is becoming a TX meetup thread... :)

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Reactions: Kak

Kak

Who is John Galt?
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jan 23, 2011

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom