The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Brendan from Texas

Bdemuth1

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
233%
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas, TX
Quit my job out of school 3 years ago doing equity research for hedge funds. Got a little bit lucky on market timing shorting the Industrials & S&P 500 Index when they open 4% down on Chinese currency devaluation news in August 2015.

Those funds afforded me enough money to move to Texas with whatever I could fit into my Jeep for about 6 months until I could find a job in commercial real estate. Took me about 2 weeks to land a position. In the last 3 years, I went from a temp intern at a large international corporation to the Director of Acquisitions at a small private equity firm with a $500 MM portfolio. The position allows me equity exposure in all new acquisitions.

Now I am itching to be challenged more and working on a side project to disrupt the current leasing model for commercial real estate. Still evaluating if I am missing something or some how my current hypothesis is flawed, but would love to connect with new people especially if they have prior experience building a technology service platform and raising startup capital.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
443%
May 27, 2013
United States
Quit my job out of school 3 years ago doing equity research for hedge funds. Got a little bit lucky on market timing shorting the Industrials & S&P 500 Index when they open 4% down on Chinese currency devaluation news in August 2015.

Those funds afforded me enough money to move to Texas with whatever I could fit into my Jeep for about 6 months until I could find a job in commercial real estate. Took me about 2 weeks to land a position. In the last 3 years, I went from a temp intern at a large international corporation to the Director of Acquisitions at a small private equity firm with a $500 MM portfolio. The position allows me equity exposure in all new acquisitions.

Now I am itching to be challenged more and working on a side project to disrupt the current leasing model for commercial real estate. Still evaluating if I am missing something or some how my current hypothesis is flawed, but would love to connect with new people especially if they have prior experience building a technology service platform and raising startup capital.

Welcome to the forum.

Several of us Dallas folks here.

Sounds like you’re well on your way!

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

Very nice to have you! Welcome from Houston.

I have experience in both, it’s nice to meet you.

I’ll go ahead and get your rep started. +500

Bdemuth1

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
233%
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas, TX
Very nice to have you! Welcome from Houston.

I have experience in both, it’s nice to meet you.

I’ll go ahead and get your rep started. +500
Nice to meet you too. Thank you for the rep start up funds.

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
443%
May 27, 2013
United States
I am actually in Dallas. Are there any good breakfast groups or meetups for startups that you attend?

no.... but if you find any let me know, haha.

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
NORWAY - POLAND - WEST EUROPE
I am actually in Dallas. Are there any good breakfast groups or meetups for startups that you attend?

I would recommend meeting with @amp0193 and @Kak its all you need to get started ha. Them two minds Would only strengthen your perspective. (Also if you have read the books as well)

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Any interest from the Dallas guys to do some BBQ in Centerville?

@amp0193 It sounds like you know of many FLF'ers up there.

@Bdemuth1

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome aboard my friend, great to have ya!

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
443%
May 27, 2013
United States
Any interest from the Dallas guys to do some BBQ in Centerville?

@amp0193 It sounds like you know of many FLF'ers up there.

I know some. There's several I haven't met yet too.

Is there anything actually in Centerville? I only know what you can see from I-45 and it ain't much.

I'd be very interested, but always gotta run plans by the wife and family first.

This intro thread is becoming a TX meetup thread... :)

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%