The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Bounce checking in

Bounce

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Mar 7, 2010
Albuquerque
Howdy Russ and everyone else.

Yeah Russ, it's Bounce from the old RDPD forums. :wave:

BFL Bob and I have been exchanging e-mail on a daily basis all this time and he invited me here. :icon_super:

Anyway, I'm here. I'll try to check in on a regular basis, but I'm really busy being retired. :thumbsup:

For anyone who is unfamiliar with me, I started reading Rich Dad, Poor Dad after losing EVERYTHING in hurricane Andrew. We literally lost it all. However, I did have a job and good credit. Starting with nothing but desire and Kiyosaki's ideas, I managed to beat my way out of the Rat Race in about five years and I've been retired now for five years. Even WITH the recession, my income has gone UP each year. I have much more income now than I ever did when I was renting my life away for it.

I'm happy to tell my story, but it's long and harsh. I can trade pain and frustration stories with anyone. I want to assure each and every one of you there is a light at the end of the tunnel. I am SO happy that I decided to venture off the well-beaten path of the rat race. Now, each day, I do whatever I choose to, I have the money to do it, and I answer to no one. I can't tell you how much that has changed my life for the better. :banana:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Cat Man Du

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Jul 30, 2007
I answer to no one. I can't tell you how much that has changed my life for the better

THAT SAYS IT IN SPADES.......OK, let's have that story.

kwerner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Oct 4, 2007
Welcome Bounce! Great to have you here!

Sid23

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 9, 2007
We'd all love to hear about you in the intro section. We love hearing stories, no matter how brutal...especially with happy endings.

And it sounds like maybe you should proceed straight to the Success Stories tab and post there!

Welcome!

PaulRobert

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 15, 2009
New Jersey
Welcome to the forum Bounce. I am looking forward to reading your story.
:Welcome:

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
Hey Bounce,

Really good to "see" ya. :)

And regarding your story: It's sometimes easiest if you post in "chunks"-- a bit each day or so.

I know you have an interesting story-- but I've never heard it.

I'd especially like to know why you call yourself "Bounce".

I always thought it was 'cause you were a pilot, and I figured your flying buddies gave you that name based on your landings. ;)

But I've been told that's not the case.

Can you share?

Again, great to have you here. You don't need to post any of this if you don't feel like it.

-Russ H.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome sir, great to have another person experiencing life out of the rat-race!!!

Bounce

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Mar 7, 2010
Albuquerque
I'll put my story together. Maybe something I learned can help someone else.

Cat Man Du

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Jul 30, 2007
I'll put my story together. Maybe something I learned can help someone else.

Thanks..........for GIVING back, bounce. :hurray:

Bounce

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Mar 7, 2010
Albuquerque
I don't yet have enough posts to post my story - need two more.

Here's one.

POST! LOL

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
Great to have you here... welcome to the forums!

ryanpal

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Jul 26, 2007
nj
welcome to the boards bounce.

i recall reading your old posts when i first discovered RDPD (back in 2005ish).

if i'm not crossing my wires..i recall reading your story about the countless miles you put on your car tires but how it paid off. i think invited the rest of the forum to join in finanical freedom mentioning "the waters warm". that just seems to be embedded in my head for some reason.

nonetheless, it's great to have a poster from the old forums.

ryan

Bounce

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Mar 7, 2010
Albuquerque
Yeah, I did drive well over 100 miles on some days hunting down properties.

It's amazing the tools we have now. Today, I can do the same thing in just a few minutes on google earth.

Amazing...

Bounce

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Mar 7, 2010
Albuquerque
Welcome sir, great to have another person experiencing life out of the rat-race!!!

Howdy.

I left the rat race at age 47 only because I waited until I was over 40 to get started.

I often imagine what my life would have been like if I had gotten serious about all this when I was 18 (or younger).

I may have become a billionaire if I had used all the time and energy I wasted in the rat race minding my own business instead.

That's OK. No regrets. However, I am really glad I didn't wait any longer than I did.

It's interesting what I hear from some people. Some people say that they love their jobs and they depend on their jobs to keep them active and busy. From where I stand that is INSANE on its face, but the funny thing is I never hear words like that out of people when they have a daily passive income of over $1,000.

It's amazing how fast attitudes change when effortless income comes cascading in.

Bounce

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Mar 7, 2010
Albuquerque

I see you're from PHX. Is the Wild Horse Saloon still out on the southeast corner of 99th Ave and the Care Free Highway? That's where I bounced - I explained it in my story. There was a glider port across 99th Ave to the west. I haven't been out there in 24 years. It's probably all different now. It used to be WAY out in the middle of nowhere.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...