The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Book : The Slight Edge: what do you think?

BaiAnrui

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
127%
Jul 30, 2019
The Netherlands
Hey,I am a real book fan, I read a lot and I enjoy doing it. It inspires me and I am always actively looking for recommendations, must-reads on this forum.

This book that I am reading now actually happened by accident, the book is called:
"The Slight Edge: Turning Simple Disciplines into Massive Success and Happiness"
The Slight Edge: Turning Simple Disciplines into Massive Success and Happiness

And to be honoust, I don't know what to think about it. I am really a fan of the fastlane idea and this book is really more slowlane.
However, I think some things are correct. I totaly agree with that applying daily routines means success in the long run.

Jeff Olson, on the other hand, is a big fan of compound interest, even with small amounts. And this is of course completely against the idea of a fastlaner (this is of course only interesting with large amounts)

But am curious about your opinion about this book, is it read a lot here or is it 'not done'?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

guy93777

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jun 5, 2019
Jeff Olson, on the other hand, is a big fan of compound interest, even with small amounts. And this is of course completely against the idea of a fastlaner (this is of course only interesting with large amounts)

people here think that the fastlane should be for everyone

but this is not the case at all. how many guys here have become ( or will become ) rich in 5 years ?

hmmmm...... i think 1% of the 40,000 users .

the fastlane is the same thing than a quick game of chess

in chess, you can win in a few moves if you know what you are doing

the fastlane is that quick checkmate that happens once in a while because adversity is dumb

but to do that, a Grand Master has studied chess for 10 or 20 years

same thing here : you can't skip the hard work that is required to go fastlane

explained in Eben Pagan 's wake up productive training

View: https://youtu.be/ftc25bCl3mo?t=441

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
To be exact, compound interest falls short because too much control is placed on the Time, Rates and the Principal, which come a lot from external sources.

But the key concept behind this theoretical formula, IMO, is more like 'reinvesting the short-term earnings, to roll into the next sub-period's gain'. This is not very far-fetched from re-investing your company profits into its activities, hopefully leading to more earnings and a higher firm valuation.

I took a bunch a Finance units in college recently, and compound interest was pretty much the fundamental principle that held the base of other important concepts like valuation of financial instruments and even banking, to a certain extend.

So the concept by itself is not totally bogus, but you just have to see what do you intend to use it for, and to what aims, and whether it means a lot to your money strategy.

I did read The Slight Edge, but I found Atomic Habits a much more holistic book, if you are talking about habits formation. We have a book study thread on that somewhere here.

PizzaOnTheRoof

Moving Forward
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Jul 30, 2018
Texas
people here think that the fastlane should be for everyone

but this is not the case at all. how many guys here have become ( or will become ) rich in 5 years ?

hmmmm...... i think 1% of the 40,000 users .

the fastlane is the same thing than a quick game of chess

in chess, you can win in a few moves if you know what you are doing

the fastlane is that quick checkmate that happens once in a while because adversity is dumb

but to do that, a Grand Master has studied chess for 10 or 20 years

same thing here : you can't skip the hard work that is required to go fastlane

View attachment 28289

explained in Eben Pagan 's wake up productive training

View: https://youtu.be/ftc25bCl3mo?t=441
The entire point of this forum and MJs books is that you don’t need to spend 10-20 years becoming a “grandmaster” to become successful.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

BaiAnrui

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
127%
Jul 30, 2019
The Netherlands
I did read The Slight Edge, but I found Atomic Habits a much more holistic book, if you are talking about habits formation. We have a book study thread on that somewhere here.

Thank you for your answer. I going to look for this book.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.