The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Blogging based on keywords

Walley

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2%
Oct 1, 2007
Have anyone here ever just try blogging about topics based on the price of keywords? Let's say day one you blog about student loans, day two you blog about mesothelioma, and so forth.

Just curious how you did and your thoughts on this.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Icy

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Feb 16, 2009
If that's the route you want to go then I feel you care too much about traffic and not enough about helping people. Regardless of how great your site is in terms of SEO if you're not helping people it's pointless.

Yes, lots of traffic could be great in potential advertisers eyes but that won't last long when there aren't many repeat visitors.

Also if you helped on hundreds of different topics like that you'd only be ok in all of them. Focusing on a smaller niche and becoming an expert on that is much better for traffic (years down the road!) and creating a following. It's all about helping people, not just getting people to your website.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
IMO, this will not work because the high priced PPC keywords are so competitive. They are high priced because they are hard to compete with SEO wise. Your blog will probably not show up anywhere close to the top 100 results.

To do this correctly, you need to find medium priced keywords that are not very competitive. You also need keywords that are in the content network. Many advertisers only choose the search network.

Personally, I would shoot for the low priced keywords that you can rank high for without doing SEO.

Gymjunkie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 17, 2009
Why would I trust a blog that writes about everything at the same time... That's essentially writing about nothing. And this is chasing keywords, not expressing yourself, good luck with that, you would burn out soon I'd guess....

Blog about what you like, about your hobby etc...

eTyler19

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Feb 19, 2008
SW Michigan
If you could tie your blog into current events, that might work....

Walley

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2%
Oct 1, 2007
Thanks, just curious what other people thought about it.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Why would I trust a blog that writes about everything at the same time... That's essentially writing about nothing. And this is chasing keywords, not expressing yourself, good luck with that, you would burn out soon I'd guess....

Blog about what you like, about your hobby etc...

I dont think his blog is meant to get steady readers. It's meant to get pages out there on certain topics and make money from high paying clicks.

Gymjunkie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 17, 2009
I dont think his blog is meant to get steady readers. It's meant to get pages out there on certain topics and make money from high paying clicks.

Takes time to get high Serps. Either way, I'm not a fan of this model, it just money chasing... but that's me :)

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
You are about 7 years to late for this method. You can look it up, its called MFA or made for adsense. even then though, you dont write about all the topics, you create a site focused on one of them.... but good luck trying it, i hope you have another address to get new accounts with.

Getting revenue from adsense is not a good business model anymore (if it ever was) things change often and you are hanging by the thread of the advertisers having money to spend and choosing to blow it on the content network. There are plenty of ways to make a lot of money online still, you just have to find a method and follow your own path with it.

Lots of folks are still followers these days and not to mention lazy. Think outside the box.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Well I kinda use this strategy here for SERPS... if a topic is hot, I create a thread about it and tag it appropriately, 48 hours later it is listed on page 1 on the SERPS. Not sure if this would work for current events unless the event is financially related. It did work in the past -- I created a thread here about beating AZ photo radar and that thread listed high despite not being relative to entrepreneurship.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Well I kinda use this strategy here for SERPS... if a topic is hot, I create a thread about it and tag it appropriately, 48 hours later it is listed on page 1 on the SERPS. Not sure if this would work for current events unless the event is financially related. It did work in the past -- I created a thread here about beating AZ photo radar and that thread listed high despite not being relative to entrepreneurship.

The difference is you are not doing it for the adsense clicks. Nothing wrong with doing it for traffic.

MrPink

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Feb 26, 2008
Toledo, OH
Ha! I remember reading that AZ photo thread way back and thinking it was interesting, but a bit off topic. I see now that you are least 2-3 steps ahead of me :)

Gymjunkie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 17, 2009
The difference is you are not doing it for the adsense clicks. Nothing wrong with doing it for traffic.

In both cases it's done for traffic, either Mj's or OP's. Just OP would use traffic to monetize...

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
In both cases it's done for traffic, either Mj's or OP's. Just OP would use traffic to monetize...

Writing a blog for PPC is the opposite because you want that traffic to leave your site. So you make your content shitty so your ads look better.

Some of my shitty sites have a 50%+ CTR just because there's no where else for the reader to go.

Gymjunkie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 17, 2009
Writing a blog for PPC is the opposite because you want that traffic to leave your site. So you make your content shitty so your ads look better.

Some of my shitty sites have a 50%+ CTR just because there's no where else for the reader to go.

Either way you want traffic, you are just using it for different purpose.

Anyway, OP, just do it! Do something that will give you traction and experience. Even if you fail you will learn something good!

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
Either way you want traffic, you are just using it for different purpose.

What is your point? You have said the same thing in three posts now. Everyones goal in business is traffic. Whether its real people walking through your store, or visitors visiting your webpage. I guess i do not understand the point you are trying to make here?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.