The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Blockchain Backed Patents

Anything related to bitcoin, crypto, blockchain

Yoda

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
710%
Nov 12, 2015
Dagobah
I thought I'd open up a thread to discuss patents as they relate to blockchain, specifically.

There's an interesting "Gold Rush" going on behind the scenes, if you will, where companies (blockchain related, and non) are deeply invested (literally) in finding patents to establish.

If you think about it, there's a lot of untouched real estate to put your name on in this arena, and it's almost entirely undeveloped, relatively speaking.

Ironically, I have my own idea for my own, one which solves a massive, massive need, and it's what spurred my own research. However, as much as I can explain how (and who) could implement it, there's a pretty large gatekeeper in knowing how to get it done:
  • technological application
  • large-scale integration
  • monetization
I don't have much to add at the moment, other than I'm looking into my own solution, but figured it was a thought large enough to potentially open discussion.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015
Interesting, I am myself working on an Ethereum blockchain solution in the area of media, I believe I'm tapping into that stream of real estate you talk of.

However I think finding patents to establish are more difficult because of the nature of the beast, what I'm seeing at the moment is a lot of people rushing to market with nonprotectable ideas, knowing full well that at this stage of the proceedings being first is as good as having a patent.

The main problems in this area are ones of distribution, there are innovative companies out there proffering solutions, however in order to get a blockchain solution implemented, you need distributed nodes to run it on, and the only way you can do that is via mining rewards, once you do this your blockchain is essentially open source and anyone can copy or fork it.

Without mining rewards, you simply have a blockchain that no one will want to run.

I believe it was Munger who said that incentive is ignored to one's peril . . .

As far as the future is concerned, I believe platforms like Ethereum, EOS, NEO, XEM, and INVACIO (to a different extent) will be the crypto leaders of tomorrow.

One day I'll write a blockchain, but for now Eth/EOS solutions will do; which I think is what most people think.

Can I ask; are you developing tokens/blockchains yourself, or you're just feeling out future opportunity in this arena?

LittleWolfie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Jun 28, 2018
Holbeach Hurn
Obviously one can run their own nodes, as a start. This cost of mining nodes, is a major issue behind stable coins, no rise in value means no mining inventive.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.