The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

BITE progress

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

BITE

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
May 18, 2016
Hey Fastlane community,

I'd like to use this medium as a tool for me to get my thoughts written out because:
-It helps solidify my thoughts and understanding
-Could potentially help some of you
-Having input from others who have walked the path before is priceless

I'm very thankful for this forum and community as I've learned a tremendous amount by diving pretty deep into the a lot of the threads. I really can't thank MJ and the awesome contributors enough. My hat is off to many of you.

A little background on me, I went to a community college where I got an associates and transferred to a university where I planned on getting my bachelor. When I transferred I had zero intention of becoming an entrepreneur and was actually pursuing professional basketball coaching because I wanted to do what I liked and make a lot doing it. After many deaths in a short period of time, I realized I wasn't happy working ridiculous hours for no pay (or any in sight), increasing student loans, and a job that demands 364 days of work per year. During this time I started seeing that I can out-focus people and that I have a high pain tolerance - I was working 80+ hours a week, getting all A's, I put on 25 lbs (of good weight). So I guess I just had a realization of 'I can do more than this - this is what average people do - why the f!!! am I here?' So I dropped out. Now I'm working full-time nights at a hotel, where I've been working on a business plan so i'll be able to get an investment to start a type of entertainment business (around $100,000 needed). And during the day I'm working as an assistant to an entrepreneur, where I just try to be a sponge and soak up everything while busting my a$$ for him.

I'm not too worried about putting the type of business and financial details on this forum, as it's not an online business and most people who are looking for ideas to steal are probably too lazy to do anything with anyways. But I'd like to wait until an open date is foreseeable.

My next step is to complete this business plan, I'm thinking I'll have it done before I close my eyes tomorrow.

Hurdle after that is to seek investments

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

BITE

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
May 18, 2016
Update: (More for myself than anyone here) I need to stop being a compromising SOB. I have a great plan and have done more than enough research to be confident that this business will work. Only thing that is holding me back is me. Need to condition myself to feel like I HAVE to push instead of wanting to.

Time to eat, fastlane.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.