What's new

[PROGRESS] Service to create order tracking links

A topic related to SAAS or APPs
A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

sir_mst

New Contributor
- Member -
Read Unscripted!
Joined
Apr 29, 2026
Messages
11
Location
Europe
Rep Bank
$320
User Power: 173%
I get really nervous when I don't know where my order is. Especially if it's a long-term order as a custom item. Many big shops expose order tracking on their sites, though, but not everyone, especially not the small, custom workshops.
Sharing that information really eases a lot of nervousness and avoids lots of calls/messages like, "What's the current status of my order?" If you see it's cut, being assembled, or ready for pickup, it's easier to wait.
I saw Rory Sutherland say that showing where the taxi is on a map reduces anxiety while waiting, and that showing the time on a subway does the same. Extra information gives you an illusion of control.

I think the tracking link for long-term orders is a very useful service. It reduces clients' anxiety and may even make them more forgiving of delays.

With this idea in mind, I decided to create a service, CraftWay, that lets SMBs create and share order-tracking links without hassle. The service must integrate with their tools to create links, update statuses, and update order details.

I understand that SMBs don't have time to integrate different services, or even heavy-duty CRMs, and often use a simple spreadsheet to track orders. That's why my main goal was to make the setup as smooth as possible. Ideally, set it up in 5 minutes and keep working in your spreadsheet. For clients, the key things are an order's current status and an estimated completion date. For owners, the key things are ease of integration and use.

After jumping through hoops for Google and Microsoft, I built a one-click integration for Excel and Google Sheets; along the way, I added Trello integration.
The service is live at CraftWay — live tracking links from your order spreadsheet

The client view looks like this.
1790783647083.webp

So now the hard part for my technical brain: I need to find clients for my service. Any feedback on the idea or execution is more than welcome.

I'll keep you posted on my progress.

P.s. I wanted to start this thread to track my progress each week, but got so excited building the service that I forgot to write the initial post.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Katv vu ci dmies, vjot esi gus datvun xuslsuunt epf tjuqt?

Moli e datvun fseqisz nelis?
E datvun q0lis vecmi?

O moli ov epf vjopl ov gommt e piif.
 
Katv vu ci dmies, vjot esi gus datvun xuslsuunt epf tjuqt?

Moli e datvun fseqisz nelis?
E datvun q0lis vecmi?

O moli ov epf vjopl ov gommt e piif.
Zit. Datvun xuslsuunt ot vji qsonesz podji gus pux.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom