The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Bitcoin / Cryptocurrency Discussion (And Predictions)

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
You do you and I do me. My posts are not meant to encourage belief. I was simply sharing my experience as I've done throughout this thread.
Staking is cool, I have also been doing the liquidity pool thing after reading the mark Cuban post earlier in the thread, both very cool concepts

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia

nitrousflame

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
195%
Aug 7, 2012
Minneapolis, MN
I'm guessing a certain tycoon in this thread would have some choice words for tokens that earn 5-digit APYs, but I'm over here like

MCXHPYq.jpg

Bones81

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Jul 29, 2019
Just sitting here on the sidelines patiently waiting for the market to recover. Might take months, but will be well worth it.

AceVentures

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
404%
Apr 16, 2019
1626734121549.png

The S2F model is the only one that imo does a decent job at capturing the behaviour of bitcoin over the past decade.

Buying at a price below the S2F model has historically proven to be a valuable investment.

We're at an interesting price point relative to this model. If the model is indicative of anything, then a bounce is likely soon. If the price goes to 20k level bears are talking about, interestingly the S2F model would break.

So either we see a bounce, or the S2F model is wrong and maybe we could see a breakdown of the entire decade-long structure collapsing to well below 20k.

Leo Hendrix

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Apr 15, 2014
Broadly off my mind; it would be like third party 'plugin/app/blockchain' that use the security of Bitcoin's network by creating its own security network within it. Basically, another blockchain inside that blockchain. Mathematical equation hidden by the network as a composition of letters in a combination of wallet addresses (like take first letter of each wallet, and then put tidbits of Bitcoin into a bunch of wallets.. and all those letters combined is the next equation that needs unlocked/computated).

The above sounds like multi-signature wallets...I haven't really looked at the deep tech side of things in the space.

But it sounds like a variation/adaptation/evolution of that.

I could be totally wrong.

Leo Hendrix

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Apr 15, 2014
View attachment 39002

The S2F model is the only one that imo does a decent job at capturing the behaviour of bitcoin over the past decade.

Buying at a price below the S2F model has historically proven to be a valuable investment.

We're at an interesting price point relative to this model. If the model is indicative of anything, then a bounce is likely soon. If the price goes to 20k level bears are talking about, interestingly the S2F model would break.

So either we see a bounce, or the S2F model is wrong and maybe we could see a breakdown of the entire decade-long structure collapsing to well below 20k.

This is another model that could be interesting to consider:

bitcoin difficulty ribbon

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
Just popped in to say I’m finally in the red over all after riding it to the top and holding.

it was easy to hold and watch my profit disappear because I had no need for that money but holding while the money I worked for disappears is much harder to watch.

dgr

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
271%
Feb 20, 2016
Spain
I'm guessing a certain tycoon in this thread would have some choice words for tokens that earn 5-digit APYs, but I'm over here like

MCXHPYq.jpg
What's that (3,3) about? (I've seen it on Twitter but couldn't find the meaning :/ )

Either way, it seems like a good moment to buy some.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018
Just popped in to say I’m finally in the red over all after riding it to the top and holding.

it was easy to hold and watch my profit disappear because I had no need for that money but holding while the money I worked for disappears is much harder to watch.
Gains or losses aren’t real until you sell. It takes testicular fortitude to HODL when in red.
Did anything change in your opinion about cryptos? Or blockchain?

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia

If you don't need the money and you have no need for it at this time, don't stress.

HODL GANG.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
I ran into Michael Saylor today when I went to get a bite to eat.

He seems to be enjoying his new role. He gave me great service.

20210720_233703.png

RequisiteRequium

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
May 21, 2021
View: https://twitter.com/DeItaone/status/1417492422704173059

Wow...

Bones81

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Jul 29, 2019

I know from personal experience, it sucks to watch a nice profit turn into a loss (I call them popcorn trades). It's easy to get into a mentality of letting profit start to reverse because you look at it as the house's money rather than your own, but it's not, it's all your money.

I had to learn the hard way a few times to protect profits. That's why now, once I get a decent profit, I'll move my stop-loss to at least breakeven and will then trail it up over time. Recently, I was able to get out of my ETH position close to the top because of this.

Not to be preachy or anything, but I've stepped on this rake a few times, so I'm hoping to spare others the emotional rollercoaster.

AceVentures

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
404%
Apr 16, 2019

Wow...

"The ban on providing and owning anonymous crypto asset wallets should further limit the ability to conduct anonymous transactions with crypto assets."

Lol. Wait till they figure out a "wallet" is just open source code.

The "let's ban the internet" talks are picking back up.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
I literally only check prices and remember to buy more crypto when I check this thread and there’s doom and gloom. It’s like my reminder to dollar cost average.

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria

Wow...
Well, I will have to write my name on my Ledger..... :)

Last edited:

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
Joke aside. For me it seems, that the Europeans want to elemiate the possibility to make anonymous deals with cryptos.
But its already now, that I have to verify myself before I can pay fiat into the crypto area.

And what does that mean further? The dont tend to forbid cryptos, otherwise they wouldn’t make such a dance about regulations. Imo thats a good sign.

@Timmy C you think, the running hype isn t over yet. I did some search about it and some pics seem to see,the pike at 142k in December.
Do you have some links for me for that theory? I only found some pics. Thanks.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
Joke aside. For me it seems, that the Europeans want to elemiate the possibility to make anonymous deals with cryptos.
But its already now, that I have to verify myself before I can pay fiat into the crypto area.

And what does that mean further? The dont tend to forbid cryptos, otherwise they wouldn’t make such a dance about regulations. Imo thats a good sign.

@Timmy C you think, the running hype isn t over yet. I did some search about it and some pics seem to see,the pike at 142k in December.
Do you have some links for me for that theory? I only found some pics. Thanks.

There are many models that try to predict all sorts of stuff.
Be prepared for anything.
I have just been buying coins for the last couple of months.
I donno what chart you are referring too but there is a bunch here

MoneyDoc

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Jun 24, 2014
Finally got into "crypto"...

I just did it for the hell of it. Bought 2 BTC. No ETH yet. Might buy 10 or so.

The only thing that worries me is that 70%+ are buying BTC and ETH, with very little price changes. One thing I learned from sports gambling, never bet against the whales, i.e. the 30% that's selling.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia

The only thing that worries me is that 70%+ are buying BTC and ETH, with very little price changes. One thing I learned from sports gambling, never bet against the whales, i.e. the 30% that's selling.

Price tends to not move if all coins are left on exchanges, but I donno.

One thing I've learned in crypto is if something drops 90%

It csn drop 90% another 4 times lmao.

Sethamus

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Sep 13, 2019
Northshore area, New Orleans

Buy a few now, and when this thread lights up in the next 2 months time frame(which means it went up or down from 30-33K) buy some more.

Sethamus

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Sep 13, 2019
Northshore area, New Orleans
View attachment 39002

Does 25K invalidate this?

AceVentures

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
404%
Apr 16, 2019
Does 25K invalidate this?

Not sure but would probably be a useful chart to keep track of - the delta between today's price and floor of the S2F band. If the wedge on it shrinks close to the bottom -> betting opportunity on volatility.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
EIP1559 for mining etheream is right around the corner, which should have major ramifications for any coin that can be mined with GPU's.... I'm interested to see what happens. Right after that either at the end of this year, or early next year, comes Eth2.0 which completely removed mining.

A few things I have heard mining power will go to: raven, ergo, Firo, Conflux

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.