The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Bitcoin / Cryptocurrency Discussion (And Predictions)

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
231%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
Prominent thought leader Balaji predicting $1M/BTC over the next 90 days as the USD apparently loses hegemony and spirals into hyperinflation (lol?)

BTC up 36% over the last week.

Is BTC fulfilling it's prophecy as the debt bubble collapses? Or does this recent pump serve as exit liquidity before an impending deflationary cycle with the US weaponizing the USD?

Topics to explore:
- BTC as a hedge against hyperinflation
- Multi-polar world, USD hegemony, and the role of BTC
- The nature of risk assets vs BTC
- Inflation vs Deflation
- Federal Reserve saving financial institutions vs saving USD hegemon status
- The fate of altcoins vs the rise of BTC

Discuss...

I think it's just a simple case of a bear market rally. Bitcoin has been desperately needing a narrative for people to cling to for a while now and this is it. The markets just pricing in money printer go brrrr for a while I think.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
457%
Mar 15, 2018
SVB

Why did the FED & FDIC allow SVB to blow up? They knew about the unrealized losses.

Moving money to big banks in the USA protects the deposits, effectively telling every depositor with large cash balance to move from small banks. But one can argue it’s a bad bet too. Because USD is being devalued …

I enjoy following Balaji’s twitter for this and his recent bet is now word famous.

View: https://twitter.com/balajis/status/1637148986095308802?s=61&t=Li58PzJTMBtZ7lBFAgD1Wg

It’s an interesting thing to watch unfold. Bitcoin could indeed benefit… but then again, you need on and off ramps - as you still can’t pay your rent, mortgage, coffee, groceries … in BTC ;),

Just remember folks, holding something and hoping it goes up in value isn’t business, it’s speculation. Nothing wrong with that. But all crypto, and BTC is speculative. Hence the wild swings up & down.

edit:

Just saw Ace post this before!

Prominent thought leader Balaji predicting $1M/BTC over the next 90 days as the USD apparently loses hegemony and spirals into hyperinflation (lol?)

Is BTC fulfilling it's prophecy as the debt bubble collapses? Or does this recent pump serve as exit liquidity before an impending deflationary cycle with the US weaponizing the USD?

Topics to explore:
- Inflation vs Deflation

Discuss...

The article I saw was this:

I'll be giving this some thought, like everyone else. At the start of the banks failing I couldn't help but think "gee... there go the rate hikes by the FED!" then I thought... "good to be in RE"... now it looks like anyone with any following will pump BTC.

Of course the world is not predictable, it is too complex.

While we don't know where we are going, we should know where we are today! And it's a mess.

Edit 2:
View: https://twitter.com/balajis/status/1637230228803305473?s=20

Last edited:

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
285%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia

Topics to explore:
- Inflation vs Deflation

Discuss...
The only threat I see to Bitcoin is if we actually move back to a gold and silver backed currency, so I just have a bit of both.

Either way fiat is shit.

The only better thing to do with your money is invest in your own business. Property is good too. At least they produce cash.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
231%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia

There is no way this happens by the way lol. He doesn't even think it does that.

He's just marketing himself. Or has other reasons for making the bet

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
457%
Mar 15, 2018
There is no way this happens by the way lol. He doesn't even think it does that.

He's just marketing himself. Or has other reasons for making the bet

Imagine the real word if that actually happened!

- no, no one would “make money” but preserves buying power
- hyper inflation destroys the economy
- unemployment through the roof

Think Weimar Republic!

But what could make him do this that makes sense?

He’s a very early adopter of BTC etc. so… he probably has hundreds of not thousands of BTC. A move up to previous peak could mean his $1m USDC bet is a bit like a marketing investment! Promote BTC.

What else?

There is the reality of banks failing right now in the USA. What does that mean for the greater economy? The future? Separate topic or not?

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
Some ridiculous predictions about BTC come up every than end now.

-Looking at the charts with TA BTC has a pt of about 34k.

-Comparing to the last bearmarket rally 2019, it coud reach 44 to 55k, depends, if you calculate with or without the declining progression due to halfing.

If someone with a big business- means with such a big followership, that media recognizes him- predicts anything, that is absolutely worthless, as he only does it for marketing.

There are big predicton homepages, wich make a lottery prediction for clickbait.

BTC against inflation. Hm. Sure, if it stays, as it is.
But I have seen digital assets go to zero in days. Look at LUNA.
Imagine someone hacks BTC, which is only a matter of time.

Last edited:

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
231%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
Some ridiculous predictions about BTC come up every than end now.

-Looking at the charts with TA BTC has a pt of about 34k.

-Comparing to the last bearmarket rally 2019, it coud reach 44 to 55k, depends, if you calculate with or without the declining progression due to halfing.

If someone with a big business- means with such a big followership, that media recognizes him- predicts anything, that is absolutely worthless, as he only does it for marketing.

There are big predicton homepages, wich make a lottery prediction for clickbait.

BTC against inflation. Hm. Sure, if it stays, as it is.
But I have seen digital assets go to zero in days. Look at LUNA.
Imagine someone hacks BTC, which is only a matter of time.
No one will ever hack BTC. Will never happen.

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
If someone is interested, Someone has posted this on Reddit :
He purchased in a supermarket and paid with BTC

Hi guys, as you probably know I'm Venezuelan living here.
Yesterday I had the chance of doing some purchases in a supermarket and paying directly in Bitcoin.
This was the purchase:
r/CryptoCurrency - I went to the supermarket here in Venezuela and paid directly with Bitcoin
The purchase (I had purchased some things before, like fruits and vegetables in farmers market and chicken/meat)

You say to the cashier you want to pay in cryptocurrency and their system shows them a selection:

r/CryptoCurrency - I went to the supermarket here in Venezuela and paid directly with Bitcoin
The amount is shown in Bolivares (Bs.) so 725 Bs. so 30 USD (exchange rate is 1 USD 24.2 Bs.)
They say they will add more crypto and BTC LN.
After selecting bitcoin and and continue (Continuar) it shows the amount in bitcoin

So that is, 0.00124813 BTC, yesterday it was very volatile so even when BTC was around 27,200 USD using that rate I paid around 34 USD. Not much sense there, 4 USD more I suspect it s a fixed fee, wouldn't make sense be 10%. After I took the picture he went again there and final price was 0.00124863 BTC.
After that it shows a QR code, you scan it and have to wait for at least one confirmation after you get one confirmation (mine took several minutes) the cashier press payment received and I suppose it checks one blockchain explorer for one confirmation or pending transaction that matches the amount. If it matches it says payment received and receipt is printed.
I noticed each time you press continuar a new QR code gets generated, so new or different address.
I used Trust Wallet and the fee was 1.36 USD.
Receipt is shown in Bolivares, but that is common here even if you pay with USD, Euros or any currency the invoice will be printed in Bolivares.
Experience was good overall, but in this case I paid a little more, something to improve.
You have to remember that here the economy is destroyed:

• Monthly inflation can be over 10% easily. Being it under 10% is a success.
  • Monthly minimum wage is 130 Bs. (less than 5 USD, this purchase was 5x monthly minimum wage), average monthly wage is 120 USD.
  • Since 2007 14 zeroes were removed from the currency, so this 725 Bs would have been 72,500,000,000,000,000
Thanks for the support to all redditors. Any question let me know!

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
I recently started investing a small small ammount each month and I choose crypto as my investment. A big reason for choosing crypto for me was the volatile nature of the market. This should bring me experience much quicker about thing like handling low periods and losses and also about avoiding greed.
Otherwise I don't know too much about crypto but I do know that there was a huge crash last year and that the market will recover in the next few years. Well I don't know that but I predict that it will happen.
I decided to slowly build myself a diverse portfolio of non meme coins with a majority of the weight being in btc and eth.

So the question is what advice and you give me (a crypto noob) on things to learn/avoid to make money in the long run.
Down here is my current "portfolio". (Yeah ik it's not that much, I don't want to invest money I can't loose.)
View attachment 47313
1) You are correct to start with more volatile assets. That will help you to cope with investing in other assets in the future to build up your mental capacity to cope with volatility

2) Learn technical analysis. Learn basic candle stick patterns

3) Crypto is extremely cyclical. Read up on crypto market cycles

4) Learn macroeconomic news and what it means.

Treat as a learning journey first.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
USD will crash to 0 and Bitcoin/crypto will go back to 2012 levels once the Chinese Yuan takes over while backed by the mid east oil kings and the Russian gas czar. It is already a work in progress.

MakeItHappen

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
194%
Apr 12, 2012
USD will crash to 0 and Bitcoin/crypto will go back to 2012 levels once the Chinese Yuan takes over while backed by the mid east oil kings and the Russian gas czar. It is already a work in progress.
Possible. How certain are you? How much of your net worth would you bet here? You could make a killing. ;)

tb9803

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
Apr 6, 2022
Would love to see 2012 prices but I doubt it will happen. If USD hyper inflates to 0 wouldn’t bitcoin serve as an effective hedge?

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
It seems that petroyuan is finally coming, after talking about it for more than a decade. I had a separate thread in the investment section.

But I do think that crypto will stay.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
457%
Mar 15, 2018

Ocean Man

Life-long learner.
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Sep 26, 2018
United States
For those who still have LYXe… the moment you’ve been waiting for is here:

I'm surprised you're still in as well, haha. I've been in the Discord server, I don't really interact with the community but I check in weekly for the dev announcement every Friday.

I'll be holding on for a bit longer as the ecosystem starts to build out. It's great to see that they're finally near the start of mainnet!

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
457%
Mar 15, 2018
I'm surprised you're still in as well, haha. I've been in the Discord server, I don't really interact with the community but I check in weekly for the dev announcement every Friday.

I'll be holding on for a bit longer as the ecosystem starts to build out. It's great to see that they're finally near the start of mainnet!

I was 80% sure I was alone until @MitchC said he still had a bag too. So I posted it for him, surprised to read your post!

My strategy on crypto has been like any gambling, only put in what you are willing to lose. Given that, when values tanked, I closed the screens and only check back once every few months. LYXe pops up on my Twitter, so the big day was coming for a LONG while. good to see it come through.

No interest in selling on my part (but I am glad to be in the black lol). And I'll have to look into the validator nodes, might be something to do.

And for any random reader, here is financial advice: don't take financial advice from internet strangers! There. I said it. LOL.

Ocean Man

Life-long learner.
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Sep 26, 2018
United States
I was 80% sure I was alone until @MitchC said he still had a bag too. So I posted it for him, surprised to read your post!

My strategy on crypto has been like any gambling, only put in what you are willing to lose. Given that, when values tanked, I closed the screens and only check back once every few months. LYXe pops up on my Twitter, so the big day was coming for a LONG while. good to see it come through.

No interest in selling on my part (but I am glad to be in the black lol). And I'll have to look into the validator nodes, might be something to do.

And for any random reader, here is financial advice: don't take financial advice from internet strangers! There. I said it. LOL.
I have to agree. I got to the point where I loaded up my bags and even though prices were dropping, I determined that I wasn't going to buy and my plan isn't to sell at the moment. I still remember convos of LUKSO from pages back, haha.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
457%
Mar 15, 2018

Ocean Man

Life-long learner.
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Sep 26, 2018
United States

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Eurojanek

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Oct 9, 2020
Easy way to make money on Bitcoin: throw a story out about how the chat gpt is able to hack the crypto, wait for electronic herd to run in panic, then buy the crypto at a discount, wait for the correction after admitting the story was fake = profit :)

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
Interested ppl look at BTC ordinals!

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
LOL. Now Ledger offers to store your seed with your adress.

EmotionEngine

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
214%
Sep 15, 2020
United States
LOL. Now Ledger offers to store your seed with your adress.
LOL. Defeats the whole point of crypto.

I think its ingrained by society that people want to hand over their assets for someone else to hold. They need to get out of that thinking if they're in crypto. What if Ledger gets hacked or loses that data.

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
E40F1091-10A4-4658-9460-EDEACCCC4F43.png

AnonMV

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
May 15, 2023
Mumbai, India

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
It seems to be the 2.2.1 firmware update that brings the seed storage thing and that you shouldn’t load!

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.