The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Bitcoin / Cryptocurrency Discussion (And Predictions)

TinyTim

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
May 1, 2016
The World
Where do you get off making such a wildly inaccurate and foolish statement? Are you really going to claim that Bitcoin is more decentralized than a privacycoin? What are you smoking?
Decentralization and privacy are two completely different things.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
no different than claiming it's a "store/transfer of value"...
lol

When people by it are they not storing the value they created via working/business income.

If they buy something with it or send it to someone, is that not transferring said value?

What do you think is more likely to hold value, Bitcoin, or the dollar and why?

Last edited:

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
no different than claiming it's a "store/transfer of value"...
lol
How do you figure it doesn't store or transfer value, when with bitcoin, unlike fiat, your savings don't get diluted?

Please explain.

nitrousflame

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
195%
Aug 7, 2012
Minneapolis, MN
Seeing these responses it is obvious it is still really early
Given the average person's knowledge of how regular old fiat money works, it is really no surprise that something like bitcoin is still so misunderstood.

Speculatooor

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
249%
Jul 11, 2019
Netherlands
Given the average person's knowledge of how regular old fiat money works, it is really no surprise that something like bitcoin is still so misunderstood.
This 100%.

I have been researching fiat and the current the financial system for at least 2 years now, and it is so complex that I am still learning new things everyday.

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
An exchange I forgot I had coins on just emailed me offering 40% apr. How nice of them to remind me to pull my coins off of it.

Also I saw a tweet that said the fed usually lowers rates when things go to shit so they’re probably raising them so they can lower them again :rofl:

Makes no sense but it is a good reminder how F*cked the fed and fiat is, we have nothing to worry about long term. They’ve been doing the same nonsense for years, it’s not going to change any time soon.

Also I see California is giving people inflation stimulus checks, solving inflation with more inflation.

The govt have a playbook and they’re sticking to it. Solve every problem by printing as much money as possible.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Singapore
Most crypto enthusiast do not know much either other than fiat inflates..

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018
MicroStrategy has purchased an additional 480 bitcoins for ~$10.0 million at an average price of ~$20,817 per #bitcoin . As of 6/28/22
@MicroStrategy
holds ~129,699 bitcoins acquired for ~$3.98 billion at an average price of ~$30,664 per bitcoin.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Singapore
MicroStrategy has purchased an additional 480 bitcoins for ~$10.0 million at an average price of ~$20,817 per #bitcoin . As of 6/28/22
@MicroStrategy
holds ~129,699 bitcoins acquired for ~$3.98 billion at an average price of ~$30,664 per bitcoin.

10 million. A symbolic move.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Wow, so they need a 50% increase just to break even. That's crazy

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018
I know it is a winter for crypto. It is the dot.com for crypto and many lost hope. I've been wrong before.

But I return to the use cases as my guide for my own investment decisions.

Part of the reason we have this wild ride is the ease of borrowing. Leverage back in 1960s required long meetings with your bank, in the 2000s we saw the start of a shift. In 2020 borrowing technology has made it as easy as clicking "add to cart" on Amazon. That's part of the reason for the swings. It is also same reason that explains to me why this technological space has huge long term potential and life.

My brain hurts just thinking of all the applications of blockchain for the future, there are that many.

In short, crypto will be fine. There will be another rally. There will be another winter after that.

Trevor Kuntz

Professional Dog Owner
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
274%
Feb 5, 2012
Arizona
Wow, so they need a 50% increase just to break even. That's crazy
Yes, and moreso, 480 BTC isn't much if you consider the fact that Saylor began buying BTC in August 2020 and in order to acquire 129,699 BTC, he would have had to buy, on average, 5640 BTC per month.

If he truly believed the near-future value of BTC will be greater than their average cost, I would actually expect him to be buying significantly more now to lower the cost average during the "dip" but that does not seem to be the case, which could mean they do not have the capital funds to bring down their average.

Edit: to further back up my point, here is a Forbes article from Feb 1. If Saylor's numbers are taken at face value, he has only acquired an additional 4648 BTC in the last 5 months and his cost average has increased since this article was published.

The company, which started buying cryptocurrency for its balance sheet in August 2020, says it now holds approximately 125,051 bitcoins, purchased for nearly $3.8 billion, or an average price of $30,200 per coin.

Last edited:

Trevor Kuntz

Professional Dog Owner
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
274%
Feb 5, 2012
Arizona
I know it is a winter for crypto. It is the dot.com for crypto and many lost hope. I've been wrong before.

But I return to the use cases as my guide for my own investment decisions.

Part of the reason we have this wild ride is the ease of borrowing. Leverage back in 1960s required long meetings with your bank, in the 2000s we saw the start of a shift. In 2020 borrowing technology has made it as easy as clicking "add to cart" on Amazon. That's part of the reason for the swings. It is also same reason that explains to me why this technological space has huge long term potential and life.

My brain hurts just thinking of all the applications of blockchain for the future, there are that many.

In short, crypto will be fine. There will be another rally. There will be another winter after that.
I don't really have doubts about the long-term future of crypto, but I definitely have doubts about the short-term health of many whales, the exchanges, etc. As someone who got burned in the Mt Gox affair, I've become extremely wary of the "infrastructure" built around crypto.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018
If he truly believed the near-future value of BTC will be greater than their average cost, I would actually expect him to be buying significantly more now
Theoretically, I agree. In practice, the question I have is pragmatic access to capital to make such acquisitions. When the markets are booming, raising capital is reasonably easy. But at times of interest rate hikes, declining equities and overall winter/dot.com for all crypto - even if I want to raise fiat and buy BTC, I will struggle to find investors. Just a thought...

doster.zach

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
197%
Oct 14, 2021
Missouri
FWZVaPsaMAAv3Qj

not gonna lie, wasn't till 5 years ago I thought when everyone was talking about how terrible fiat currency was, I didn't know they were talking about government backed dollars...

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018
Any thoughts on the following argument: "Bitcoin is not scarce since it can be divided into infinite peaces."

So can gold, land, real estate etc. I still want to own the whole house, not just a speck of dust off my uncleaned book shelves.

Happy I could help.

Moving on.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
So can gold, land, real estate etc. I still want to own the whole house, not just a speck of dust off my uncleaned book shelves.

Happy I could help.

Moving on.
I will sell you the corner in one of my rooms. No, it does not come with a door, a window, or a closet! But hey, you get a piece of the house!

Speculatooor

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
249%
Jul 11, 2019
Netherlands
Any thoughts on the following argument: "Bitcoin is not scarce since it can be divided into infinite peaces."
Have you not had math in primary school?

Edit: I feel like bitcoin is so disruptive people can't grasp it, and it makes them actually going retarded in trying to discredit it in order to save their own ego

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
To me it's one of the main things that I think makes it valuable.

No matter how high the price gets, anyone can invest with just $100, they will just get less of a bitcoin for their money.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.