The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Bit about myself + Kickstarter launch

XTPN

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Sep 17, 2018
Hi Fastlaners,

My name is Phillip and I'm from Sydney, Australia. 24. Read TMF & Unscripted once and re-listened to TMF via Audible. Since my teenage years, I've always aspired to live the extraordinary life as MJ describes it. However as time went on, this dream of mine was slowly dying (got an education, full-time job, lived day by day [although not paycheck by paycheck because we know better!], etc.). I guess this is what the perpetual scripted society does to some of us at one point right? Thankfully, this side of me was re-ignited after reading MJ's books. Ever since reading MJ's book, I'd think of business ideas here and there whilst applying the CENTS commandment. For the past 6 months, I've been working on my biggest project yet. And this is why I thought it'd be a great opportunity to introduce myself as I've just launched a Kickstarter!

You can check it out here: +CLEAN Multi-Cleaner

A majority of the pledges were made on the first day of launching. However, it has slowed down real bad ($80AUD pledged today, nothing yesterday) to the point where I'm scared that I won't make the goal. Let me know what you guys / girls think of the product (you can be honest) and feel free share some ideas on how to get more exposure. As of now, I am just running Facebook ADS.

Also, thank you @MJ DeMarco for all the knowledge that you've shared to others & myself. Although, this venture might not be Mark Cuban's "you only have to be right once" product, I definitely know that I'm making a step in the right direction.

Peace all & stay safe,
Phil

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

fastlanedoll

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Aug 21, 2019
Well-presented. Very nice video especially.
Honestly, the reason why it's slow could be a demand problem. Did you check demand level before launching the product? (but crowdfunding is an excellent way to check demand too).

I honestly think we live in a hedonistic, want-it-right-now society. I think a lot of people KNOW their phones are dirty, but they can't see the germs so they don't have that....urgency to clean their phones. People want what they want, not what is good for them.

Now if this was a commonly touted way for C0VlD-19 spread I think your product would be flying off the shelves but sadly it's not.

*Disclaimer: I could be WAYYY off base about this. What I wrote above is just a hunch.

Did you do the video-filming yourself or outsource?

You are definitely going in the right direction.

XTPN

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Sep 17, 2018
Well-presented. Very nice video especially.
Honestly, the reason why it's slow could be a demand problem. Did you check demand level before launching the product? (but crowdfunding is an excellent way to check demand too).

I honestly think we live in a hedonistic, want-it-right-now society. I think a lot of people KNOW their phones are dirty, but they can't see the germs so they don't have that....urgency to clean their phones. People want what they want, not what is good for them.

Now if this was a commonly touted way for C0VlD-19 spread I think your product would be flying off the shelves but sadly it's not.

*Disclaimer: I could be WAYYY off base about this. What I wrote above is just a hunch.

Did you do the video-filming yourself or outsource?

You are definitely going in the right direction.

Thanks for your thoughts @fastlanedoll

Unfortunately not as Kickstarter was my method verifying the demand. I believed there was a market for it as those 'UV Phone Sanitising Devices' are trending right now. However, I've always found them quite counter-intuitive as they don't remove fingerprints / smudges. Might be my marketing I reckon..

Mmmm true I'm a slight germophobe so I feel the need for it but I understand that everyone isn't.

Everything was done by myself. So I wouldn't have lost too much if this doesn't succeed, just about $250AUD in AD cost (so far) & 6 months of my time hahah. On the bright side, it's always a good learning curve.

Cheers,

fastlanedoll

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Aug 21, 2019
Maybe it's too early to say. Give it a bit more time.
Maybe do some sleuthing on how the winning campaigns advertise it besides facebook.

Did you make the video yourself?

EDIT: How do you differentiate your product from those UV cleaner products. If you want a significant piece of the pie you need a value skew that makes your product more 'valuable' than what's already trending out there.

Last edited:

tonibob

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Jun 22, 2020
London
Have you used FB Audience Insights to narrow down your target group? It might be good idea to try different target groups to see who will buy it? I think people who are worried about catching COVID will very good market. You can tweak your video little bit to target the group.

Last edited:

XTPN

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Sep 17, 2018
Maybe it's too early to say. Give it a bit more time.
Maybe do some sleuthing on how the winning campaigns advertise it besides facebook.

Did you make the video yourself?

EDIT: How do you differentiate your product from those UV cleaner products. If you want a significant piece of the pie you need a value skew that makes your product more 'valuable' than what's already trending out there.

Yeah I got a few more pledges since however nothing crazy.

Edited the video myself. However, the first few footages are free stock footages.

Thanks! Will think of that one.

XTPN

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Sep 17, 2018
Have you used FB Audience Insights to narrow down your target group? It might be good idea to try different target groups to see who will buy it? I think people who are worried about catching COVID will very good market. You can tweak your video little bit to target the group.

Been tweeking the audience which seemed to get more attention but still no actual pledgers.

Thanks for your input! Will work on it.

Gentlegiant

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
May 25, 2020
Canada
Pretty cool idea! If you don't mind me asking, how did you create your prototype, and how much did it cost? I'm having trouble with that part

XTPN

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Sep 17, 2018
Pretty cool idea! If you don't mind me asking, how did you create your prototype, and how much did it cost? I'm having trouble with that part

Thank you. Don't mind at all!

Prototype is a 3D printed model. Costed about $15AUD (think Canadian dollar is about the same) to print. Then just bought materials to make it work and look good (e.g. spray paint, microfibre pad to cut up & sew, sand paper, etc.). So I guess roughly $50AUD & some time!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...