The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Biggest publisher on Twitter, great success, looking to expand

fybpm

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Mar 23, 2013
Hi everyone, my name is Branden and I'm 30 years old from California.

I started out in sales and bounced back & fourth between sales and marketing since I was 18, so essentially I have 12 years dealing with people, understanding emotion and buying habits, and all that comes with those industries.

Right now I own ~25 Twitter accounts with ~20,000,000 followers combined across my accounts. I didn't use any software to create, I didn't follow people back, I didn't buy followers. My network was built up organically using strong content that resonates at a high rate.

Here's the money stuff:

• Right now I'm monetizing by in-stream ads with ad platforms and also direct sales advertising; across the accounts I own and monetize I'm doing $40-75k a month on average
  • I'm promoting other people's Twitter accounts with my own to help them grow their network, this also generates several thousand per month

For each of my niche pages I'm almost done building websites, some are already done:

A few of my other pages will also have pages done soon with super-targeted audiences:

http://www.twitter.com/FLTNESS
http://www.twitter.com/WeedHumor
and so fourth.

I use lots of niche diverse content to target a certain audience, this way when I move to mailing lists and websites my audience is laser targeted and I don't have any issues with engagement.

To get a better idea of what I do, here's an article I was featured in for TheNextWeb: Meet The Man Who Makes Six Figures a Quarter Just From Using Twitter
And here's an interview I just did with Alan Colmes on Fox Radio: VIDEO: Maximize Your Social Networking « Alan Colmes Radio Show

I'm looking to network with people who have big aspirations to do great things with the Internet AND are currently fulfilling them. I am super busy unfortunately and time is my greatest enemy these days, but I have committed to take the time to network with people who are doing great things in other spaces.

I'm making a significant income and it's been steady, and consistently growing... but it's not nearly enough. I want to expand my network outside of Twitter and build something with my network that I can OWN even if Twitter disappears. I'm completely aware that Twitter could be the next Myspace in a few months (not likely) or a few years at most (more likely) so I want to use my followership to build great things with websites that I own completely and maintain control of.

I've been browsing these forums off and on for a few months but never posted, I'd like to be more active in posting and interacting with like-minded people.

Thanks for reading!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

BeingChewsie

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Aug 27, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Hi Branden!

Welcome aboard! Great job using and understanding the power of Twitter. I'll think you will be a great addition to the crew around here. Thanks for coming out of lurk mode!

Sue

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
Welcome, hang around and interact and you will be able to extract a lot more than just lurking. I am sure you have a lot of advice to provide as well.

fybpm

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Mar 23, 2013
Do you have education related accounts?

I own the handle @classroom but have not started using it yet. I could use it for parody & school related jokes or I could also organically build it up for people seeking to further their education. The latter of the two would be a way smaller audience and harder to get to a large number, but it's absolutely possible.

00N8

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
May 31, 2011
New Mexico
Z and I spend about six digits a week on advertising in the health and beauty space. There could definitely be some opportunities there.

puckman

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Apr 12, 2011
NYC
Thanks for sharing your experience and insight. I have a new Twitter account for a news site I just launched and I am picking up followers without even tweeting much, and Twitter is not my forte, Facebook always was. I feel like if I just focus on Twitter I can grow my site traffic organically, pretty quickly. I have bought a lot of promoted tweets and topics for other projects, but I want to learn about not following but building organic.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...