The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Big problem: 8000USD in 2 months

Warrior

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
15%
May 28, 2012
I made a promise to a group of friend that I shall earn 8000USD by May. Per month. As in at least that amount in my life staring from May.

The issue is I don't know how?

People are telling me I'm dreaming given how much more that is than I'm earning now. Way more than I earn currently.

Someone proposed a pet shop, a tailor shop, the internet seems like hit and miss and apps success 1 in a few thousand so the odds there are against me.

Any ideas?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Gale4rc

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Sep 23, 2013
at this stage you're just looking for a get rich quick scheme.

G

GuestUser113

Sheldon-Cooper-You-re-insane-jim-parsons-11593553-618-351.jpg

Warrior

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
15%
May 28, 2012
@
Entrepreneur21 I did

@
Gale4rc I'm assuming get rich quick means that I aim to do little work. Such is not the case.

Haha, thanks for the love guys. Maybe I have gone insane. You only live once.

Last edited by a moderator:

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain
Ummm $8000 per month starting in 8 weeks time. No problem, I've got that covered….

Get a penny and a chess board (borrow one if you don’t have one) then place the penny on the first square. That’s you done for the day. Tomorrow move that penny to the second square and add another so you now have two pennies. That’s it for day two. On the 3rd day move the 2 pennies to square 3 and double it up again so you now have 4 pennies. Take the rest of the day off as you’ve earned it. Rinse and repeat for the next 18 days and you are all sorted.

If I’m ever short of cash I just do this for a month straight then take the rest of the year off, usually in the Caribbean or New Zealand depending on whims and the time of year.

Hope that helps. :D

mayana

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Apr 26, 2011
Georgia, USA
What you are proposing to do isn't impossible. You can find threads on this forum that can tell you how to do it.

Give yourself a few days to study and figure out your plan.

And then go balls to the wall. That's the only way.

D

DeletedUser394

Have to make it official. Where is @theag

ijp9q.jpg

No, it's only the meme of 2015 if it's got Luffy in it.

Soon a new word will enter the lexicon. Luffy'd.

To be Luffy'd.

Example: 'So I went out on a first date with a girl last night. Everything was going great until she totally Luffy'd me when she mentioned how she was really into Binary Options and made 9 dollars. My attraction evaporated in an instant.'

G

GuestUser113

No, it's only the meme of 2015 if it's got Luffy in it.

Soon a new world will enter the lexicon. Luffy'd.

To be Luffy'd.

Example: 'So I went out on a first date with a girl last night. Everything was going great until she totally Luffy'd me when she mentioned how she was really into Binary Options and made 9 dollars. My attraction evaporated in an instant.'

I know homie. I was referencing to the fact that he has been awarded his own meme. Not in place of.

Warrior

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
15%
May 28, 2012
Hey guys,

Consider the possibility that this is possible. It's not improbable, neither am I expecting a get rich quick method.

This is likely a pursuit where I have to put my nose to the grindstone to achieve. Saying that it is crazy is fine, I get it completely.

But saying its ludicrous shows a scarcity mindset.

D

DeletedUser394

You've been here three years and you honestly don't see how ridiculous your post is?

There's nothing wrong with a goal of making $8K/month.

You, however, have no plan, no history of being able to make anywhere close to this amount of money (by your own admission), and simply decided out of the blue that you want to make $8k/month within a couple of months.

I want to make 10 million by next week. So what? Ain't going to happen.

FTLane

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Sep 23, 2014
I don't think this is crazy because you want to make $8,000 a month (I think that's what you said it's hard to understand because it was worded weird) I think it's crazy because you have absolutely no idea how to get there and you made a random promise based on no facts.

mayana

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Apr 26, 2011
Georgia, USA
Is it unlikely that he's going to meet his goal? ABSOLUTELY.

Impossible? Hell no.

Even with the fact that he doesn't have a plan and has no clue what he's going to do.

It's started off as a "ridiculous" thread, but it could turn out to be a great progress thread. If we were having REAL conversation that needs to be had.

@Warrior You probably made a dumb promise. And a promise to someone else is probably not going to be enough motivation for you to step outside of your zone and do those uncomfortable things that are going to get you to your goal.

Before you even waste your time or anyone else's (and it might be waste... only YOU know that) trying to figure out a plan, you should probably decide whether you really want that 8k a month (or more) or if you are just doing it to save face.

Because if you are only doing it to save face, you might as well just call up that friend and tell them that you were just joking. Get the ridicule out of the way now, if you care about that kind of thing.

If it's not about the promise (maybe the promise was just a way to try to get some accountability??), then you should continue posting here. Get an idea and a basic plan, and some of us here might be able to help you figure out where to go from there.

There are enough haters and people with scarcity mindsets out there in the Slowlane... I can't pretend I'm not disappointed to see them on this forum (so just ignore them haha).

Oh, and forget the petshop and tailor idea (could take you more than a year to be profitable). And the internet app idea (unless you already know how to make them), not because it's impossible, but because of your time constraints.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
I made a promise to a group of friend that I shall earn 8000USD by May. Per month. As in at least that amount in my life staring from May.

The issue is I don't know how?

People are telling me I'm dreaming given how much more that is than I'm earning now. Way more than I earn currently.

Someone proposed a pet shop, a tailor shop, the internet seems like hit and miss and apps success 1 in a few thousand so the odds there are against me.

Any ideas?

You registered for your account in 2012.

Open a pet shop.

Last edited:

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain
Hey guys,

Consider the possibility that this is possible. It's not improbable, neither am I expecting a get rich quick method.

This is likely a pursuit where I have to put my nose to the grindstone to achieve. Saying that it is crazy is fine, I get it completely.

But saying its ludicrous shows a scarcity mindset.

@Warrior we are not saying it is impossible, most of us are just saying that from your history and from the candour of your posting that IT IS IMPOSSIBLE for YOU as it seems you have learned very little.

If you had come to the table with a serious proposition and asked for help then we would have taken it seriously but this is just some fanciful pipe-dream that will never happen. Not without a total change of mindset which is obvious you are not close to achieving yet. @GrumpyCat was spot on.

Tell me how do you propose to earn $8k per month continuously within 8 weeks? What is your plan besides ask others what you should do?

I would love you to prove all us doubting Thomas's wrong. I fact I'm rooting for you buddy, after all I love an underdog. Go @Warrior, go....:hurray: :):)

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain

Charmander

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Feb 20, 2015
Slovakia
Selling you kidney,heh? (for the ones that are in some real problems - debt?)

Thats something of value.

But no, really - just sell your old stuff, everything, even your clothes(if you got too much of them)., anything you do not need as a necessity- straight onto some craigslist...

Besides that - get TWO jobs

Do whatever it takes. If you have to clean the dishes - take that job.

Last edited:

Charmander

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Feb 20, 2015
Slovakia
Tip:
Look at your bank statement.

It will be crucial to eliminate as much Minuses ( - ) =money evaporating from your account. > Ruthlessly
and
maximize the pluses (+) >>>REPLICATE the pluses (money flowing INTO your account)

So try to avoid behavior that puts you into red - (drains your account)

That´s also one of the 2 rules of succeeding at business by Warren Buffet :
Step 1: Never Loose Money
Step 2: Never Forget Rule No. 1

And GO GO GO, replicate the behaviour that led to YOU RECEIVING MONEY INTO YOUR BANK ACCOUNT.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.