The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Best ways there are to get to know "like-minded" people in real life?

Rares

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Feb 13, 2020
The problem is that all the people I know who are diligent like me, do not really want to put the effort into doing something entrepreneurial. Of course, there are many ways to connect with people who want to start their entrepreneurial venture online but I want to find somebody, or it could be even a group of people with whom you can talk about entrepreneurial things that can be done where I live (Austria) because I also lack a bit of a wide social network, and how someone can imagine a social network with the same intentions and principles as you is not only hugely important for a healthy life but also for starting a business. So, which effective ways are there for me to learn new people near my city in Austria (named Salzburg) who are diligent and have goals, that they want to pursue and are worth pursuing in the long-term view (like starting a business, doing sports, etc. ) ? And I am not wanting to get to know someone who is like this to take advantage of him, but to grow together or as a group.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas
1. Network Events.

2. Facebook Groups.

3. Manually outreach to Entrepreneurs you admire and try to get to them on a personal. They are humans like us, they just provided immense value to the world. They prioritize their time as well and don't usually message or speak to people who will waste their time.

4. Twitter and Instageam. Follow them, like their posts. Praise them, they give the world in some form. I.e. a book, a podcast, YouTube video. They want to know that their work is helping others. So ensure that you let them know that qhat they are doing is great and working/worth their time doing.

Talk to them is key here. Listen to them and what they have to say.

perchboy

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Aug 7, 2022
Toronto, Canada
Here’s how I did it:

1. I took big action and got my business to the point where I was making 2-3k/month

2. I started posting about what I do on TikTok. Videos of me going d2d, detailing cars, and business advice.

3.People took interest in what I was doing and I had an active discord network with 120 members and convos going on every day in it. I had people messaging me for advice every day.

4. Some people from the discord were from my city and I met up with them. I met 2 super cool entrepreneurs who are my age kicking a$$ and we chat business all the time. 1 is @ericbodrenok

I also organized a meet up on this forum for my city and met some super cool guys there too. I met @luminis_ and he helped me set up my whole crm and follow up system.

You build connections by providing value to people.

Who is the type of person you want to meet?

Now become the person who will attract them.

Sorrento

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
Aug 27, 2023
The problem is that all the people I know who are diligent like me, do not really want to put the effort into doing something entrepreneurial. Of course, there are many ways to connect with people who want to start their entrepreneurial venture online but I want to find somebody, or it could be even a group of people with whom you can talk about entrepreneurial things that can be done where I live (Austria) because I also lack a bit of a wide social network, and how someone can imagine a social network with the same intentions and principles as you is not only hugely important for a healthy life but also for starting a business. So, which effective ways are there for me to learn new people near my city in Austria (named Salzburg) who are diligent and have goals, that they want to pursue and are worth pursuing in the long-term view (like starting a business, doing sports, etc. ) ? And I am not wanting to get to know someone who is like this to take advantage of him, but to grow together or as a group.
In same situation as you are ,
few stuff which helped me a little was to just search online for irl networking events, i used to think its rare stuff, but trust me its not. some are paid some are free . try ur best to avoid free stuff.
I have met few fellows like that irl, tho havent found a person with same mindset looking forward to improve together. so yea, still working.
and ofc online communites on discord or reddit or anywhere helps a bit, not much, but better than nothing.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

luminis_

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
237%
Aug 27, 2022
Here’s how I did it:

1. I took big action and got my business to the point where I was making 2-3k/month

2. I started posting about what I do on TikTok. Videos of me going d2d, detailing cars, and business advice.

3.People took interest in what I was doing and I had an active discord network with 120 members and convos going on every day in it. I had people messaging me for advice every day.

4. Some people from the discord were from my city and I met up with them. I met 2 super cool entrepreneurs who are my age kicking a$$ and we chat business all the time. 1 is @ericbodrenok

I also organized a meet up on this forum for my city and met some super cool guys there too. I met @luminis_ and he helped me set up my whole crm and follow up system.

You build connections by providing value to people.

Who is the type of person you want to meet?

Now become the person who will attract them.
1000% agree with this

Similar to running a business, you need to focus on VALUE - what kind of value can you provide to the world? What specialized knowledge do you have that would benefit the people you're trying to connect with?

As everyone else said too, you gotta put yourself out there. Events near you, FB/Skool groups - you'd be surprised how many people are in the exact same position as you.

You have to assume the position of the organizer and reach out to the people you want to meet. DON'T wait for them to come to you.

Last thing, as you keep growing your business you'll naturally attract more like-minded people into your life. It's kind of like how when you start going to the gym, you start becoming friends with more gym-rats.

It's how the mirror of life works; you get what you give.

KiwiEC

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Jan 5, 2023
France
1. Network Events.

2. Facebook Groups.

3. Manually outreach to Entrepreneurs you admire and try to get to them on a personal. They are humans like us, they just provided immense value to the world. They prioritize their time as well and don't usually message or speak to people who will waste their time.

4. Twitter and Instageam. Follow them, like their posts. Praise them, they give the world in some form. I.e. a book, a podcast, YouTube video. They want to know that their work is helping others. So ensure that you let them know that qhat they are doing is great and working/worth their time doing.

Talk to them is key here. Listen to them and what they have to say.

Big +1 on this, especially Twitter/X.

I always thought this site was just a big pile of garbage. In the end, it really depends of what you do with it.

Want to discuss about politics, celebrities, cat pictures or bikini ladies? Well, your feed (and so your network) will be a pile of sh*it.

Want to get in touch with potential customers, partners, mentors, etc? Welcome to one of the best networking platform.
There are tons are niche networks for all internet businesses: SaaS, copywriting, webdesign, ecommerce, etc.

I got so many useful tips from people there. It requires a bit of polishing (I blocked a lot of people who impacted the quality of my feed) to only get (and give!) value, but it's worth it.

Send DMs, comment some posts you like, connect to a few people from your niche. The algorithm will do the rest to put more interesting content/people in front of your eyes.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.