The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Best way to deal with walking alone.

Mikeyyy

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
176%
Sep 17, 2022
I know that being an entrepreneur and starting a business is a path I'm going for the most part be walking alone. Though I'm having troubles making peace with this realization. Most of my "friends" think I'm stupid for wanting to start a business and work towards setting myself financially free. They tell me "You've got no skills" "You got to be a genius to start a company" "Most rich people got lucky". Which I know is not true. So what I'm asking is does anyone have any methods or ways of dealing with the loneness and isolation that's come with wanting to pursue entrepreneurship?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
555%
Apr 17, 2022
Stop sharing your goals with people that don't have your best interest in mind, or have no idea what they're talking about.

I don't think "walking alone" is a prerequisite for getting into business, and it might actually be counterproductive if you are a social person. If you no longer like the people around you, just make new friends.

JKm

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
176%
Sep 13, 2022
I know that being an entrepreneur and starting a business is a path I'm going for the most part be walking alone. Though I'm having troubles making peace with this realization. Most of my "friends" think I'm stupid for wanting to start a business and work towards setting myself financially free. They tell me "You've got no skills" "You got to be a genius to start a company" "Most rich people got lucky". Which I know is not true. So what I'm asking is does anyone have any methods or ways of dealing with the loneness and isolation that's come with wanting to pursue entrepreneurship?

First, it`s honor to see right minded words like this.

I`ve struggled with same issue for a long time, and I finally figured it out. It was pretty simple. We can`t fix / improve other people who don`t have a desperate will. Due to crab mentality & passive aggression, only approach we can make against those people is cut off. It`s not possible to lead them toward right direction.(Imagine you trying to ride on angry bull, it just doesn`t work.) And you`ll get additional demage due to that attempt, that`s for sure.

We have to leave & make a new relationship. This world really doesn`t give us any options beside this.

Details

1. Good place to meet fine people - Gym with learning sessions(boxing, mma, wall-climbing.. harder the better), College/educational facilities, expensive hotel sauna/bar. We could expect to meet people who at least trying to move forward in these areas.

2. Good attitude to make good relationship(This is important) - Great confidence, solid mind, great body shape, careful dress ups. If you`re not good enough to meet & hang out, They will do the exact same thing as i mentioned before, cutting off / distancing.

3. Strong barrier bases against every people - If we don`t make a selection, we can`t expect to have a fine outcome. Figure out people you meet. smoothly, but properly.

* Right minded friend gives us a huge motivation, sometimes it`s amazing how they torching up the motivational fire on my mind. They do that only by share what they`re up to, they don`t trying to do so.

Mikeyyy

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
176%
Sep 17, 2022
First, it`s honor to see right minded words like this.

I`ve struggled with same issue for a long time, and I finally figured it out. It was pretty simple. We can`t fix / improve other people who don`t have a desperate will. Due to crab mentality & passive aggression, only approach we can make against those people is cut off. It`s not possible to lead them toward right direction.(Imagine you trying to ride on angry bull, it just doesn`t work.) And you`ll get additional demage due to that attempt, that`s for sure.

We have to leave & make a new relationship. This world really doesn`t give us any options beside this.

Details

1. Good place to meet fine people - Gym with learning sessions(boxing, mma, wall-climbing.. harder the better), College/educational facilities, expensive hotel sauna/bar. We could expect to meet people who at least trying to move forward in these areas.

2. Good attitude to make good relationship(This is important) - Great confidence, solid mind, great body shape, careful dress ups. If you`re not good enough to meet & hang out, They will do the exact same thing as i mentioned before, cutting off / distancing.

3. Strong barrier bases against every people - If we don`t make a selection, we can`t expect to have a fine outcome. Figure out people you meet. smoothly, but properly.

* Right minded friend gives us a huge motivation, sometimes it`s amazing how they torching up the motivational fire on my mind. They do that only by share what they`re up to, they don`t trying to do so.
Thanks. This have given me a lot to think about.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Mikeyyy

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
176%
Sep 17, 2022
Stop sharing your goals with people that don't have your best interest in mind, or have no idea what they're talking about.

I don't think "walking alone" is a prerequisite for getting into business, and it might actually be counterproductive if you are a social person. If you no longer like the people around you, just make new friends.
Yea. I'm starting to realize that the hard way.

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
You allways can talk with slowlane friends about a business from the user side. Noone needs allways to know, that you plan to do it as a maker.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.