The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Best contact form for Wordpress?

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

TonyStark

I'm not dead yet
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Jul 20, 2015
Austin, Texas
Hey guys, so I'm running into the same issue a lot of people face when building Wordpress sites.

The preinstalled contact forms (contact 7, etc) send all my emails to spam.

What's a good third party service provider (gravity forms, etc) that has worked for you?

Or do you guys just fix the SMTP settings?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Remus

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
500%
Dec 16, 2018
Hey man! I co-own a Digital Marketing Agency in Florida. We use Wordpress A LOT!

We went through a lot of plugins and stuff.

I totally recommend Ninja Forms. It is very useful and it will give you access to a lot of other features like payment gateways, etc..

Aslo, fix the SMTP. Just google how to use a gmail address SMTP for Wordpress. That will kind of fix the spam issue.

George Appiah

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
194%
Aug 16, 2018
Accra, Ghana

This was probably pre-installed by your host if you used their auto-installer. WordPress itself doesn't bundle Contact Form 7 or any other contact form. So don't feel like CF7 is in any way blessed or recommended by the WordPress folks... feel free to switch if you have to.

What's a good third party service provider (gravity forms, etc) that has worked for you?

Except for some edge cases, often the problem of non-spammy emails being marked as spam is more due to the sending mail server's reputation (or the lack thereof) than the WordPress contact form builder you're using.

If this is your case, switching to another form builder plugin (eg gravity forms, ninja forms, monkey forms -- ok, I made that last one up :))... while continuing to use the same mail server is not likely to move the needle for you.

You could use an external form builder like Wufoo, but then that would solve the problem only for your contact forms: other emails sent by WordPress (eg account creation and password reset notifications) will continue to suffer the same fate.

As others have suggested already, you're better off moving all email functions completely off your hosting server to an external SMTP or transactional email provider.

I personally use MailGun, which offers a generous 10,000 free emails per month, for all my WordPress sites. MailJet, Postmark, SendGrid, SendInBlue, Amazon SES -- all have free, but less generous, tiers. And I have all my domains fully authenticated and secured at the DNS level: SPF, DKIM, DMARC, CAA, DNSSEC and HSTS.

I don't recommend you use Gmail as your SMTP provider due to their low sending limits, unless your WordPress site only sends a handful of emails once in a while.

Last edited:

Bru

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
151%
Oct 17, 2018
France
Hi, if you are looking for a free plugin and easy to use I would recommend Caldera form.
Otherwise Ninja form is also great.
All the best

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Xaridimos

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Jun 24, 2018
Hey guys, so I'm running into the same issue a lot of people face when building Wordpress sites.

Or do you guys just fix the SMTP settings?

I use WPForms for my website and never had any problems. I am notified when I have a new contact form entry and nothing has been moved to spam.

It's a free plugin too

TonyStark

I'm not dead yet
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Jul 20, 2015
Austin, Texas
This was probably pre-installed by your host if you used their auto-installer. WordPress itself doesn't bundle Contact Form 7 or any other contact form. So don't feel like CF7 is in any way blessed or recommended by the WordPress folks... feel free to switch if you have to.

Except for some edge cases, often the problem of non-spammy emails being marked as spam is more due to the sending mail server's reputation (or the lack thereof) than the WordPress contact form builder you're using.

If this is your case, switching to another form builder plugin (eg gravity forms, ninja forms, monkey forms -- ok, I made that last one up :))... while continuing to use the same mail server is not likely to move the needle for you.

You could use an external form builder like Wufoo, but then that would solve the problem only for your contact forms: other emails sent by WordPress (eg account creation and password reset notifications) will continue to suffer the same fate.

As others have suggested already, you're better off moving all email functions completely off your hosting server to an external SMTP or transactional email provider.

I personally use MailGun, which offers a generous 10,000 free emails per month, for all my WordPress sites. MailJet, Postmark, SendGrid, SendInBlue, Amazon SES -- all have free, but less generous, tiers. And I have all my domains fully authenticated and secured at the DNS level: SPF, DKIM, DMARC, CAA, DNSSEC and HSTS.

I don't recommend you use Gmail as your SMTP provider due to their low sending limits, unless your WordPress site only sends a handful of emails once in a while.
Interesting! I’ll give this a try tomorrow.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.