• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

WEB SCHOOL Best contact form for Wordpress?

Discussion in 'Web Design as a Hustle' started by TonyStark, Dec 16, 2018.

1. TonyStark

TonyStark I'm not dead yet Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $15,011
    Hey guys, so I'm running into the same issue a lot of people face when building Wordpress sites.

The preinstalled contact forms (contact 7, etc) send all my emails to spam.

What's a good third party service provider (gravity forms, etc) that has worked for you?

Or do you guys just fix the SMTP settings?

2. Longinus

Longinus Platinum Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $18,947
    I use Gravity Forms.

Could also have something to do with the spam filter of your mailbox.

Ashish Kulkarni and ZeroTo100 like this.
  3. Raoul Duke

Raoul Duke Tallest Lannister Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $10,190
  4. jon.M

jon.M The Well Defined Forum Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $420
    Sendgrid is a third-party provider I use

TonyStark and Patrick Jones like this.
  5. Remus

Remus Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $177
    Hey man! I co-own a Digital Marketing Agency in Florida. We use Wordpress A LOT!

We went through a lot of plugins and stuff.

I totally recommend Ninja Forms. It is very useful and it will give you access to a lot of other features like payment gateways, etc..

Aslo, fix the SMTP. Just google how to use a gmail address SMTP for Wordpress. That will kind of fix the spam issue.

Daniel A and TonyStark like this.
  6. George Appiah

George Appiah Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,543
    This was probably pre-installed by your host if you used their auto-installer. WordPress itself doesn't bundle Contact Form 7 or any other contact form. So don't feel like CF7 is in any way blessed or recommended by the WordPress folks... feel free to switch if you have to.

Except for some edge cases, often the problem of non-spammy emails being marked as spam is more due to the sending mail server's reputation (or the lack thereof) than the WordPress contact form builder you're using.

If this is your case, switching to another form builder plugin (eg gravity forms, ninja forms, monkey forms -- ok, I made that last one up :))... while continuing to use the same mail server is not likely to move the needle for you.

You could use an external form builder like Wufoo, but then that would solve the problem only for your contact forms: other emails sent by WordPress (eg account creation and password reset notifications) will continue to suffer the same fate.

As others have suggested already, you're better off moving all email functions completely off your hosting server to an external SMTP or transactional email provider.

I personally use MailGun, which offers a generous 10,000 free emails per month, for all my WordPress sites. MailJet, Postmark, SendGrid, SendInBlue, Amazon SES -- all have free, but less generous, tiers. And I have all my domains fully authenticated and secured at the DNS level: SPF, DKIM, DMARC, CAA, DNSSEC and HSTS.

I don't recommend you use Gmail as your SMTP provider due to their low sending limits, unless your WordPress site only sends a handful of emails once in a while.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2018
    Gutzofter and TonyStark like this.
  7. Bru

Bru Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $232
    Hi, if you are looking for a free plugin and easy to use I would recommend Caldera form.
    Otherwise Ninja form is also great.
    All the best

8. Xaridimos

Xaridimos New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $65
    I use WPForms for my website and never had any problems. I am notified when I have a new contact form entry and nothing has been moved to spam.

It's a free plugin too

9. TonyStark

TonyStark I'm not dead yet Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $15,011
    Interesting! I’ll give this a try tomorrow.

10. NuclearPuma

NuclearPuma Bronze Contributor FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $3,083
    I just installed ninja forms last week. I'm happy with it.

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.