The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Best 3 in 1 Printer? Need some Suggestions

theBiz

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Jul 9, 2009
NY
Has anyone purchased one recently, or know about the 3 in 1's. I need a good fax, print, and scan machine. Ink is so expensive too, does anyone have a solution, a website or something, i tried the refillable cartridges but it just made a mess.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

faq88

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Oct 14, 2009
How much do you want to spend? How well do you want fax and scan to work? I would recommend checking out the Black Friday deals that will be coming up. You should be able to find a good deal. Look on websites like CNET and Amazon for recommendations. I also recommend getting one with wireless capability. This makes setup very easy and you can print off of your laptop anywhere. I just recently purchased the Brother MFC-7345N and I like it a lot. If your going to be doing a ton of scanning and faxing it may not be the best option. Let me know if you have any questions. I would be happy to help you find something.

JayKim

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Sep 4, 2008
Colorado Springs

kwerner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Oct 4, 2007
HP C309 and Epson 600 have the best ratings from Consumersearch.com and Cnet says the HP officejet pro 8500 is the best.

You can find them at OfficeMax / OfficeDepot. BTW, they also sell decent desks there. :smug2:

You can buy compatible ink off of ebay, the best manufactures being G&G, Carrot Ink, and Amazon Imaging. Just do a model # search for your printer on ebay, then buy from a seller that's selling ink from one of those manufactures.

HTH.

Knightsman

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Sep 14, 2009
South Carolina

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Just go to Amazon and read the user reviews, or Google base -- that is how I get a good sampling of user reviews. Brother is a brand that I've always had good luck with ... bad luck with HP.

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
I'll second the "look at amazon reviews" reco. Really great way to buy a product, if they have at least 10 reviews. Some of the posters give updates, or long term evals! (esp for baby products, which has helped us avoid a LOT of lemons).

We've also heard the horror stories about HPs. But we now use HP for all of our printers at the Inn (that's 7 printers, the last one is wi-fi networked to 3 desktops).

We've used HP combos here for years. My wife refuses to get rid of hers at home-- it's been making hideous noises for the past 2.5 years, but refuses to die! (and it works perfectly).

-Russ H.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
I would decide what you really need the most.

Printing papers vs. scanning vs. sending faxes vs. receiving faxes.

If you will print alot, get a stand alone laser. Then get a cheap inkjet fax machine.

If you will scan and fax out alot, get a good inkjet fax that has a big capacity input tray.

If you will only receive faxes, get a separate virtual fax line $2/mo that emails you pdfs. If you need to print out all those faxes, get a laser.

WildFlower

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Aug 21, 2009
Los Angeles Area
Toner for printers is cheaper in the long run.. I have a Brother like LagunaLauren ... just a different model. I LOVE IT!

theBiz

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Jul 9, 2009
NY
thanx alot guys, im going to just go to amazon a read the reviews, im looking for the smallest one possible, im sure there are going to be some real crappy ones in that field so ibetter read reviews.

mainstreet

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Oct 2, 2009
Oklahoma
I had a canon mf5700 - I think was about 250 - laser black and white fax scanner with multifeed. Fantastic printer for the money. I have been through no less than 10 different models and it prints quickly without warm up period and scans with the multi feeder perfectly.

Startup Help

hakrjak

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Sep 15, 2007
Colorado Springs
We've used HP combos here for years. My wife refuses to get rid of hers at home-- it's been making hideous noises for the past 2.5 years, but refuses to die! (and it works perfectly).
-Russ H.

HP is still by far the best in Qulaity with regards to printers. Might not always be the cheapest, but will last the longest.

I'm still running an old HP Laserjet 4 here from the 90's... It's probably got 300,000 pages on it's page counter, and still rolling! Love it because I get something insane like 10,000 pages to a toner cartridge.

- Hakrjak

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.