- Joined
- Nov 15, 2011
- Messages
- 289
Rep Bank
$690
$690
User Power: 69%
Hey all,
I've been away working on my business idea and I've run into some problems. I created a company called LyfeScore.
I've never been a fan of video games and I can't seem to understand why or how an individual could spend so much time in front of a computer or TV. However, as per videogames.lovetolknow, roughly 60-70% of the world's population plays video games and the numbers continue to increase. The competitive nature, desire for adventure, and escape of "reality" tends to be some of the main reasons as to why individuals find video games so appealing.
LyfeScore... I want to get people off the couches and out of their homes and to experience life to the fullest. In order to do so, I came up with an idea to turn life into a game. You receive points for everything you do. You went skydiving? You get points...Saw a movie? You get points...Traveled to a new destination?....Points. Your name is shown on Lyfescore.com and you are ranked by the amount of points you have. People can log on and check their ranks as well as search for new "tasks" or "achievements" to take part in, thus increasing your points-bank and ultimately your world wide ranking.
I have entirely too much info and won't be bogging you down with any of that, but I'm having trouble establishing a realistic point system. How do I figure out how many points to award. How many more points does one earn by going on a trip to Hawaii opposed to going to the IMAX. How do I validate the actions and award the points only to those whom actually did what they said. How do I weed out the cheaters and scammers?
Thank you all in advance
Cory
I've been away working on my business idea and I've run into some problems. I created a company called LyfeScore.
I've never been a fan of video games and I can't seem to understand why or how an individual could spend so much time in front of a computer or TV. However, as per videogames.lovetolknow, roughly 60-70% of the world's population plays video games and the numbers continue to increase. The competitive nature, desire for adventure, and escape of "reality" tends to be some of the main reasons as to why individuals find video games so appealing.
LyfeScore... I want to get people off the couches and out of their homes and to experience life to the fullest. In order to do so, I came up with an idea to turn life into a game. You receive points for everything you do. You went skydiving? You get points...Saw a movie? You get points...Traveled to a new destination?....Points. Your name is shown on Lyfescore.com and you are ranked by the amount of points you have. People can log on and check their ranks as well as search for new "tasks" or "achievements" to take part in, thus increasing your points-bank and ultimately your world wide ranking.
I have entirely too much info and won't be bogging you down with any of that, but I'm having trouble establishing a realistic point system. How do I figure out how many points to award. How many more points does one earn by going on a trip to Hawaii opposed to going to the IMAX. How do I validate the actions and award the points only to those whom actually did what they said. How do I weed out the cheaters and scammers?
Thank you all in advance
Cory
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
