The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Been Cruising at 50 mph

RichieG

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Sep 27, 2018
Millionaire Fastlane is what I have always thought ( deep down ) but never had the conviction, balls or drive to fully believe it.

Im 43 and for the first 34 years of my life I lived the dream. Got eductaed, got married, 2 jobs bringing in 50k a year going on 3/4 holidays a year, credit cards, loans, eating out and partying at weekends. It was amazing - sleepwalking through a waste of 34 years. A complete waste? Maybe not at least we have the "experience" now of not what to do. Then at 34 years we had children. The plan was for my wife to stay at home and raise our children - we needed income. So we started a small magazine recommending quality local businesses to local residents. After 5 years I left my job as the business had grown. Still though we weren't movong forward financially. Money came in and money went out. Still we went on holidays.

I then started reading "experts" even as close as 4 weeks ago the plan was to max out my ISA ( a UK product I believe similar to a 401k but more of a tax efficiennt saving ) and invest my savings in the stock market.

Until I read the Millionaire Fastlane . I often thought what happens if the market crashes. Invest in bonds. It will bounce back - sit tight. In my mind I know now - crazy shit. I still may use the ISA in the future but only when the money going in is 10% of my income and to be used as wealth preservation/inflation tool. As i say ........ maybe.

Despite being a print business we are still growing month on month. We are mid/high four figures a month with the next aim 5 figures a month.

Over the past 2 years we have had considerable spare cash each month but still nothing of significance to show for it. This has to change. It drives mediocrity and contentment. We will get £10,000 a month and build from there.

We have 3 loans. 2 for cars ( older cars ). Again we listened to the experts but put our slant on things. Lease cars. So instead of a lease we treated the loan as a lease so we weren't paying a big chunk out in one go. I have learned through MJ that if i'm thinking like that - yes - we can't afford it. I feel so stupid at times but remain positive.

So we have 2 cars and a touring caravan being paid foor this way. This will be cleared in 6 months.

Finally we have an investment property. £140,000 house grossing £600 per month. My father in law is the tenant. I believe the property market is high at the moment and want to sell but my wife has other ideas.

I listen and read MFL all the time. Have started Unscripted which seems equally liberating.

I'm sure you all appreciate I am still questioning a few points in the book and have questions but that is for another day.

My aim is to visit this site once a day for 20 minutes. To hopefully add value whilst trying to pick up some gold nuggets and keep my focus on what we are trying to achieve.

Thats the next plan. What do we want from life............................

Richie G

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.