The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Barack Obama How do we capitalize?

rocksolid

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Nov 17, 2008
New York
Since Barack Obama is running wild in the country and today being a very big day in our country, I thought how can we capitalize on this great event. Sure there are the shirts and buttons but I thought it would be fun to think a little more outside the box. I will start the ball rolling.
Barack Obama pet rock.....we call it the barack rock. Everybody could own a piece of history. :smxB:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

NoMoneyDown

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Aug 28, 2007
Round Rock, TX
Since Barack Obama is running wild in the country and today being a very big day in our country, I thought how can we capitalize on this great event. Sure there are the shirts and buttons but I thought it would be fun to think a little more outside the box. I will start the ball rolling.
Barack Obama pet rock.....we call it the barack rock. Everybody could own a piece of history. :smxB:

If you (or someone you know) is going to be at or near the inauguration, why not collect some dirt and sell it later? Of course, it would be good to certify it was from Washington DC on that specific date.

fanocks2003

Banned
Mar 31, 2008
Sweden
"Meet Barack Obama One-on-One". You could book Obama for one price and then book a rich guy on the other end for more and make a million or two yourself. Maybe even book Obama for 1 hour and then book 5 people during that time so as to maximise your own gains.

Say you pay $2 Million to book Obama for 1 hour and then sell 12 minutes each to 5 people for $1 Million each making $3 Million pre-tax. You book and pay Obama only when you have recieved money from the rich customers.

This can actually be made with A celebrities as well. It does not have to be a President only, but I guess a President has more stature than say Britney Spears.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
If you (or someone you know) is going to be at or near the inauguration, why not collect some dirt and sell it later? Of course, it would be good to certify it was from Washington DC on that specific date.

haha there is no dirt, i guess i could go outside and get some being that the geographys are close so the dirt quality could be the same, id just have to let it sit next to an exaust pipe to make it a bit dirtier.... haha

hakrjak

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Sep 15, 2007
Colorado Springs
Invent some "green" products that will become more and more popular going forward, and may get tax incentives too. I've already got 1 product in mind, just not sure how to go about it yet.

- Hakrjak

RealOG

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Aug 20, 2007
Austin, Texas, United States
How about official Obama Commemorative Plates? Damn, someone already thought of that. :)
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2ECtj-ViHM]YouTube - Obama Commemorative Plate[/ame]

I think these are very small scale thoughts. How about the big questions, like how is Obama's Keynesian economic theories going to impact your investment medium? The TARP will have impacts on real estate and debt, what will that do? The President is looking for "shovel ready" projects, how can your business get in on a piece of that action?

Giles

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Oct 11, 2007
Obama action figures.

Saw an interview on CNN I think about a young man doing this - he claimed to have made over a million already.

ChrisS417

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Sep 24, 2007
St. Louis, MO
Obama in Action

$23.99 a pop for these masks.

Though it looks like this guy just posts pics of people in the mask, I wonder how much he makes when someone buys one through his site? Also Google Ads.

Bilgefisher

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 29, 2007
Aurora, Co
Not trying to be political but Im sure these folks and similar vendors will see some increased sales over the next few years...

:coffee: SecondAmendmentShirts

Your more right then you realize. Gun sales across the nation are through the roof. I attended a gun show near my house and the place was packed. Its not just rednecks, but I would estimate that half were ex military.

Its a valid point. By watching emotional reactions of the "Mob", you might be able to capitalize on any number of things. I saw a very split nation today. I think these emotions will only get stronger as current economic and social trends continue.

fanocks2003

Banned
Mar 31, 2008
Sweden
Ouch! He didn't help the stock market much today!

Obamas speech was a speech of new times, a time of change for more responsibility if I remember his TV speech yesterday correctly. I don't think any stockmarket react well to such speeches. Why? It's like telling a fat guy to excercise. It will not be well recieved at all. No offence to fat people, just making my point here. But also, changes means uncertainty and as you may know uncertainty is considered bad blood by the stockmarkets.

The point being: USA needs a drastical fiscal and behavioural change, I hope Obama delivers for all of ours sake (I mean USA together with the rest of the world).

Personally I believe he will deliver due to him not being from the same background as George W Bush (I mean wealth wise). Obama should know the value of a dollar better than George. I hope I am right, otherwise USA will be a new kind of nation entirely and the world will be a totally new place to live in. We are talking power changes never heard of in a long time. Serious business.

Just look at the debt clock in NYC. I remember, from looking at status quo yesterday, that every american in the USA right now owes the world something like $30,000 per individual (including the children). A lot of cash. Obama has a hell of a ride in front of him.

TOLDUSO

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Nov 29, 2008
New Orleans
Personally I believe he will deliver due to him not being from the same background as George W Bush (I mean wealth wise). Obama should know the value of a dollar better than George. I hope I am right, otherwise USA will be a new kind of nation entirely and the world will be a totally new place to live in. We are talking power changes never heard of in a long time. Serious business.

At least Bush's background is legitimate. Barack as nothing to back him moneywise/business-wise other than his book sales (which contribute greatly to his sudden wealth). The last person I am watching is Obama, though... I am watching Bill Gross with a keen eye, as he is certainly the most powerful man in the world right now.

fanocks2003

Banned
Mar 31, 2008
Sweden
At least Bush's background is legitimate. Barack as nothing to back him moneywise/business-wise other than his book sales (which contribute greatly to his sudden wealth). The last person I am watching is Obama, though... I am watching Bill Gross with a keen eye, as he is certainly the most powerful man in the world right now.

"Legitimate"? Define it.

I don't think George is (or ever was) more legitimate than Barack is as of yet. Barack has still not made a fool of himself. George has (so many times over it is embarrasing). Putting the US economy down the tubes is not a legitimate way of running a country. In Sweden (one of the most conservative countries I know of), that kind of act would seriously be ruled out. Swedish people are very stiff I might add.

I know the rule that say "do not discuss politics on this forum", but calling George a legitimate guy (or presidential material) is far from reality as far as I see it. A president, as far as I see it, is there to protect the country he governs. Not destroy it and all it's alliances/partnerships around it by impulsive acts that ends up in problems all across the board. Problems that others then need to solve before they can focus on developing future expansions. What a waste of time.

I am always amazed how people (the masses) always seems to put morons on the wrong positions. And then they wonder why everything F*cks up all the time. There is a reason.... The same goes with badly managed companies. They are badly managed because there is a moron running it. The same goes with a country. A country is just a whole lot bigger than a single corporation, that's all. But the same old common sense idea rules.

Jill

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Jan 26, 2008
Frisco, TX (Dallas)
Oh boy.

There's nowhere positive to take this thread, if we're going to start debating the definition of subjective words like legitimate, moron, fool, destroy, impulsive, waste, etc. Because there are hundreds of millions of people who would disagree with you Fanocks, with all due respect.

I'm not a moderator, but may I politely suggest that we return to discussing business opportunities that may arise, per the OP?

Thx.

hakrjak

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Sep 15, 2007
Colorado Springs
m not a moderator, but may I politely suggest that we return to discussing business opportunities that may arise, per the OP?
Thx.

There have been a few of these threads in the past and they all seem to degenerate into George W Bush bashing sessions, or pro-Obama monologues. 99% of you guys have no idea what you're talking about, so why not get back to the business at hand?

I wish there was an option to take speed away from someone on this board, because I'd gladly use it right now.

- Hakrjak

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
Jill and hakrjak are completely right. Let's not argue about ridiculous things.

I did have something to add. While I'm not certain on all the details Obama did at one point talk about "Faith based initiative." Something about a mandatory charity for business that are faith based. Now again, PLEASE DON'T QUOTE ME as I don't really know what it entailed.

If this is the case though, what would stop a business like say... a Martial Arts school to claim being faith based and rack in all that cheese?

Has anyone heard much about that? Maybe it's time to start the church of Kung Fu :smxB:

YoungOne

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Aug 19, 2008
I have had a few merchandising ideas when the elections were taking place. I planned to start producing them during my break from school, but I feared his popularity was fading, and it wouldn't take off like I had imagined. That progressed to a general lack of motivation.

Now, thanks to this thread, I believe it still can take off. Even with school homework and work, I WILL find time to make it happen!!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.