BlackHollow
New Contributor
I seem to be catching up to my Mother is short order! I have a bad case of CRS, can't remember sh*t. My memory has got to the point of being ruled by Post-it Notes. If I don't write something down, I will forget in less that 5 minutes. While I use to brush it off as a blonde moment, it's to the point where it is causing problems.
Example; I was running low on cutting fluid on one of my verticle mills, and told myself I needed to order a gallon jug of the fluid. I probably forgot as soon as I set the next part up to machine. Here it is, three days later, and I am out and still have parts to machine. :bgh:
It's to the point now that it is frustrating, VERY frustrating. My desk looks like I let my 7 year old loose with a stack of sticky notes and a pen. I have notes ranging from "Eye drops 6am, 9am, 12pm, 3pm, 6pm, and before bed" to "oil for car" and "lunch w/Dave at 1pm". I swear too, if I don't scan all my notes constantly, I will forget at least a few of them, if not most all.
It's not only frustrating, but it is causing problems with my business. Kind of hard to have a product designed, manufactured and delivered when I forget to design the stupid thing, then after remembering to design it, forget to order the material! I'm only 37, and no, I don't do drugs.
Any ideas on ways to revitalize ones memory? I've tried the Ginkgo Biloba like it was candy, and all that did was cost me money with nothing in return. I'm thinking I should talk to my doctor, but other than some mind exercises or something, is there really any medical treatment for this?
Sincerely,
................. um, I forgot....
Example; I was running low on cutting fluid on one of my verticle mills, and told myself I needed to order a gallon jug of the fluid. I probably forgot as soon as I set the next part up to machine. Here it is, three days later, and I am out and still have parts to machine. :bgh:
It's to the point now that it is frustrating, VERY frustrating. My desk looks like I let my 7 year old loose with a stack of sticky notes and a pen. I have notes ranging from "Eye drops 6am, 9am, 12pm, 3pm, 6pm, and before bed" to "oil for car" and "lunch w/Dave at 1pm". I swear too, if I don't scan all my notes constantly, I will forget at least a few of them, if not most all.
It's not only frustrating, but it is causing problems with my business. Kind of hard to have a product designed, manufactured and delivered when I forget to design the stupid thing, then after remembering to design it, forget to order the material! I'm only 37, and no, I don't do drugs.
Any ideas on ways to revitalize ones memory? I've tried the Ginkgo Biloba like it was candy, and all that did was cost me money with nothing in return. I'm thinking I should talk to my doctor, but other than some mind exercises or something, is there really any medical treatment for this?
Sincerely,
................. um, I forgot....
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
