Hey guys,
My company is B2B and I'm in the process of hiring my first full-time salesperson. I've been working on putting together a sales manual in order to get what's in my head down on paper. I'm not the best salesperson but I know a few things that have enabled me some success. Now that I'm a bit older instead of going after women in bars now, it's now dudes in offices...
. These dudes bring me money and I don't have to go home with them so it's still fun. Also, no woman ever paid me for my services. The process is the same for me in both cases, and it's been extremely helpful. Most of you probably already know this but I found out that all I had to do is/was listen and repeat and/or act on what they were saying, being genuinely interested is also reccomended. For example, I called one of my clients on Friday and I offered to bring coffee on Monday to start their week off right. I always check in with them first so I know how many people to bring coffee for. On that phone call, I also asked the office manager what type of coffee the owner likes specifically. She told me Turkish Coffee. I'm not a big coffee aficionado so I went on amazon and ordered the best-rated brand. Long story short I went on Monday and the owner didn't even see me drop the coffee at first. After a few minutes of chatting with the office manager, there was yelling from the boss in the kitchen "Hey! Who brought this coffee!?" At first, I thought, shit it's the wrong one but then he found out it was me who brought it and proceeded to tell his salespeople who were in the office, "See this guy gets it, business for life for them!" They've been one of my biggest clients and have doubled in size since we started working together.
Anyway enough of my story, I'm compiling a list of the most important information to find out about potential and existing clients to improve the relationships and build business. I plan to use it for my salespeople to use and fill out for their prospects. I can also make it shareable so anyone else can use it. Anyone game to pitch in some ideas?
Things like...
- Family
- Kids (get names)
- Pets
- Hobbies
My company is B2B and I'm in the process of hiring my first full-time salesperson. I've been working on putting together a sales manual in order to get what's in my head down on paper. I'm not the best salesperson but I know a few things that have enabled me some success. Now that I'm a bit older instead of going after women in bars now, it's now dudes in offices...
Anyway enough of my story, I'm compiling a list of the most important information to find out about potential and existing clients to improve the relationships and build business. I plan to use it for my salespeople to use and fill out for their prospects. I can also make it shareable so anyone else can use it. Anyone game to pitch in some ideas?
Things like...
- Family
- Kids (get names)
- Pets
- Hobbies
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
