The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

B2B Sales Tools I use Everyday (Video Example)

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

policebaton

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Apr 3, 2017
florida
I've been in B2B ad sales for 5 years. Really worked hard on reducing my brainpower on simple things and multiplying myself, here's how I do it:

Loom (Example Video below, here's the link if that doesn't work... never tried embedding it in a forum)

Post thread | The Fastlane Entrepreneur Forum - Watch Video

This is an absolute game-changer if you're selling an online product/service that is difficult to explain over the phone. It's a chrome recording app with your webcam overlayed in a small box on the bottom left. Anything your prospect is confused about but maybe you're having a hard time getting them on the phone, they don't see the value yet enough to take a teams call, etc. You can make a 3-4 minute video explaining your product, how it works, and the benefits all while building a little bit of connection. Doesn't replace a conversation, but it certainly beats explaining things over email.

You can also record on your phone if you're trying to show an app, or use the desktop version if you want to show a computer program.

Not great for prospecting (really difficult to get someone to watch your random video).

Pro-tip - you can insert it directly into your Gmail email, it'll show up embedded with a GIF preview for the first few seconds of the video. Start the video with your face speaking over their site's homepage and it clearly demonstrates you made this video just for them.

Mixmax
Such a powerful email tool.

• Sequencing
    • You can setup an email sequence (where it will send emails in intervals you decide) with customizable variables (fills in first name, product, company name, etc.) and blast it out to several people at once, or one person. Super handy for waiting for a contract. Send the contract, and a 3 step sequence checking in to get it signed. Reduces the amount of brainpower you need to use to get things done. It doesn't replace a phone call, but it's a wonderful tool. Let the computer do the thinking.
  • Mail merges
    • Much better than making an excel sheet and filling in variables to setup a mail merge. Just import a sheet, and you can even do a mail merge sequence.
  • Templates
    • I say the same shit in so many emails, it's ridiculous. I have about 40-50 clients, and I'm always saying "Just a gentle reminder, we have this due date coming up" or "Any update on this invoice?" or a spiel about our product. Don't type it every time, use a template. It also autofills key details if you put them in one time like company, name, product, whatever you want. Templates also allow for attachments and hyperlinks.
  • Read reports
    • Is this person opening and ignoring me? Or not opening at all and maybe I'm in their spam folder? Let's call them. A lot of the times that happens, I'll call and they'll go "Oh! Let me find it. Whoops spam folder" *beep, email opened*. It's about 70% accurate.
Dux-Soup
Be careful with this one, Linkedin doesn't like people doing this and they're always dodging their threats. If you have premium sales navigator/recruiter Linkedin usually leaves you alone. Also make sure you read the best practices so you don't get flagged (limits on profile views, snoozing, etc.)

This is a Linkedin automation software that lets you make a search, and do something to all of the results. You can:
  • Message (with autofilled name and company details)
  • Connect & message
  • Pull their data into an excel sheet (good for downloading data and importing into a CRM to chase off Linkedin)
  • View profiles (good to give them a little ping that you viewed them, although not very powerful).
Here's my equation - Linkedin Premium + Boolean Searching to drill down exactly who you want + customized connection request message + download the names/titles/company of all of them = import that into my CRM as prospects.

If you don't know what boolean searching is, check youtube on how to do it. I'll also help anyone who needs it.

Hunter.IO/Lusha
These are two tools for finding phone numbers/emails on people from Linkedin/sites. Fairly cheap tools to use, and they're about 70% accurate. I use them all the time. If you can't find someone's email, let me know. I'm pretty decent at it. Most companies with 100+ people are pretty easy to find.

If you're doing this in bulk, or a big research day, I also will put the emails into Zerobounce and/or mailtester to test accuracy beforehand. If you are sending tons of emails that are bouncing due to innacuracy, your spam reputation will go up, and less emails will arrive in prospect's inboxes. Really bad for companies just starting up/new domains, so test emails as much as you can.

Prospect.IO
Sequencing software. A bit more powerful than Mixmax as you can plan out a proper sequence with other activities, for example I can say I want it to send JUST this segment of people an email that says Hi (_firstname_),

Your (_product_) is a great fit we do this for your competitor (_competitor name_), blah blah.

Then send a second similar follow-up email in 4 days if they don't open, THEN make an activity for me to call them, then to Linkedin message, back to email, call, etc. Or for those who did open and clicked an important link (pricing/packages), make an activity for me to call them tomorrow.

It's intuitive and gives you all the read reports pretty accurately. Also gives you feedback on your open/click/reply rates, some other great analysis. It has a little learning curve to it, but lets you widen your net like crazy once you learn it.

Pipedrive CRM
Finally, if you don't have a CRM, and you are selling, get one. Pipedrive is so cheap and easy to use I think it's 10$/month. If you're using an excel sheet... just don't. You're using brainpower that you could let the computer use. This CRM will always remind you that you need to schedule a next activity (I almost never forget to follow up), keeps all your notes/emails on one account/person, graphs deal value/projections, and has a VOIP for calling within the system, can even record the calls. Also it integrates with many platforms which is great.

That's all I can think of right now. If you have any questions I'm happy to make a Loom video to show you how it works ☺

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Attachments

• 1627981871749.png
    1627981871749.png
    10.5 KB · Views: 2
G

GuestUser4aMPs1

Solid post! I've recently gone in the direction of B2B Sales, and your stack is similar to mine. Maybe there's some wood I can add to this fire...

Hunter.IO/Lusha
These are two tools for finding phone numbers/emails on people from Linkedin/sites. Fairly cheap tools to use, and they're about 70% accurate.
I've found LimeLeads has better accuracy (>95% in some cases) and is generally cheaper than Lusha/Hunter. Alternatively you can try to scrape your own leads using Octoparse or a similar web scraping tool...all worth looking into.

I've liked using GMass; Free up to 50 sends/day, uses Gmail's servers, so better chance of deliverability. Also built-in mail warming (if you're using a fresh email) and email validation on send, so you send less emails that hard bounce.

Dux-Soup got me banned LOL. Long time ago I used Octopus CRM — Its bot behavior is designed to mimic a real user. So, likelihood of bans are lower.

Couple of questions @policebaton, since you might know...

— I've had to figure this shit out on my own; Are there any B2B Sales Communities / Forums you frequent that people talk about stuff like this?

— I have an email list with First+Last Names and Company Name...It used to be that I could plug that email list into LinkedIn and easily auto-connect with those prospects...Is there any way with my available data that I can auto-connect with prospects now, using something like Dux-Soup?

Glad to see more B2B Sales discussion going on here. Cheers!

policebaton

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Apr 3, 2017
florida
I've found LimeLeads has better accuracy (>95% in some cases) and is generally cheaper than Lusha/Hunter. Alternatively you can try to scrape your own leads using Octoparse or a similar web scraping tool...all worth looking into.
Awesome I will check this out. Lusha/hunter is pretty decent but could be better. Get personal emails/wrong emails sometimes.
I've liked using GMass; Free up to 50 sends/day, uses Gmail's servers, so better chance of deliverability. Also built-in mail warming (if you're using a fresh email) and email validation on send, so you send less emails that hard bounce.
Terrific thank you.

Dux-Soup got me banned LOL. Long time ago I used Octopus CRM — Its bot behavior is designed to mimic a real user. So, likelihood of bans are lower.

F*ck dude. Did you have premium? I think Microsoft got in trouble with the gov't for banning people for duxsoup/scraping a couple years back and they started to ease up on it... still sketchy.

Couple of questions @policebaton, since you might know...

— I've had to figure this shit out on my own; Are there any B2B Sales Communities / Forums you frequent that people talk about stuff like this?

Usually I find the stuff on Reddit sales, or through youtube videos. Salesman.red is a good channel, and random sales training courses online.

— I have an email list with First+Last Names and Company Name...It used to be that I could plug that email list into LinkedIn and easily auto-connect with those prospects...Is there any way with my available data that I can auto-connect with prospects now, using something like Dux-Soup?
Man I'm not sure because most people don't sign up to Linkedin using their company email, since they're likely not there for life. You probably know this but you can always use an excel formula to take first + last + company domain = email, then bulk verify it, but that only gives you their emails.

Glad to see more B2B Sales discussion going on here. Cheers!

Yup

G

GuestUser4aMPs1

Sweet man. Thanks for the community suggestions!

You probably know this but you can always use an excel formula to take first + last + company domain = email, then bulk verify it, but that only gives you their emails.
Something I forgot to mention — Free Unlimited Bulk Email Verifier&Clean Email List-Email Verifier Online for bulk, (basically) unlimited, free email validation. Upload your .csv and you're good. 1000 email validations for $1, AFTER they give you like 100,000 free ones. I couldn't believe my eyes haha. I use this for testing email permutations like you said above.

Man I'm not sure because most people don't sign up to Linkedin using their company email, since they're likely not there for life.
Good point, maybe there's some kind of booleans I can run using the data I have on had currently...will figure it out and report back...thanks!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

policebaton

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Apr 3, 2017
florida
Sweet man. Thanks for the community suggestions!

Something I forgot to mention — Free Unlimited Bulk Email Verifier&Clean Email List-Email Verifier Online for bulk, (basically) unlimited, free email validation. Upload your .csv and you're good. 1000 email validations for $1, AFTER they give you like 100,000 free ones. I couldn't believe my eyes haha. I use this for testing email permutations like you said above.
That's so sweet. Verifying single ones on there looks quicker than the ones I mentioned above
Good point, maybe there's some kind of booleans I can run using the data I have on had currently...will figure it out and report back...thanks!

Yeah I'm sure you can run a boolean for them... but idk if you'll be able to do it en masse. Lmk if you figure anything out

Raja

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Dec 31, 2019
Do you use gmail or gsuite?

From the course I took of cold email suggested to use gsuite mail.

How is your experience using Gmail

G

GuestUser4aMPs1

Do you use gmail or gsuite?

From the course I took of cold email suggested to use gsuite mail.

How is your experience using Gmail
I've been able to use either. But free Gmail is limited in sends to combat spam.

becks22

90% coffee, 10% everything else
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
271%
Jul 6, 2016
Upstate NY

Great thread! Thank you @Mike Partee for that verifier. Holy crap is that a good deal @WillHurtDontCare

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.