The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

B&P 2014 Official Thread

PeteLife

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jul 5, 2011
BALTIMORE/DMV
B&P isnt over as yet and I can honestly say that this has been the best and most eye opening experience of my life.
@zen******* has been blowing my mind since the first day and today I think he obliterated it ...
Learning so much shit from everyone ... Even found out today that Im a dog (thanks @splok) ...

Mrs. BRKb

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Apr 27, 2008
USA
B & P ticket: $xxx

Plane ticket: $xxx

Hotel room: $xxx

Fastlane network: PRICELESS

nerd-dad-meme-generator-i-got-99-problems-but-my-network-ain-t-one-f9581f.jpg

Eskil

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jul 18, 2012
Scottsdale, AZ
Third day of presentations just starting.
This is my first B&P but I gotta say I am truly blown away by it all. Tons of awesome presentations and info getting shared, and some REALLY amazing people here. I feel honored and so fortunate to be part of this. Will write a more detailed report later. ;)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
It was nice meeting everyone, :) at least until Boris @TheTruth started running around in wet underwear. :oops: :sour:

Those who left early were spared the spectacle... ;)

Arrabista

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
400%
Jul 22, 2012
United Arab Emirates
I want to thank all of you because you made my experience amazing.
From the bottom of my heart THANK YOU !
I have connected with so many people that I can honestly call friends.
It was also so much fun..so much laughter and of course ideas.
If there is anything any of you need from me, get in touch.
Arrabista

Wanderer

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
114%
Mar 14, 2013
Canada
Guys, somebody can share more details on what was going on on this meetup?
I so missing it... Unfortunately have lot of work and wasn't able to come.
Please share information. It's good to know, that Boris was able to go in his underwear (Boris, I just jealous, it still cold in Canada),
But pleeese, if you can share more on what is happened on presentations, it can be great, especially for all people who went previous times, and wasn't able to come this time...

Get Right

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
477%
Jul 16, 2013
Sunny Florida
Guys, somebody can share more details on what was going on on this meetup?
I so missing it... Unfortunately have lot of work and wasn't able to come.
Please share information. It's good to know, that Boris was able to go in his underwear (Boris, I just jealous, it still cold in Canada),
But pleeese, if you can share more on what is happened on presentations, it can be great, especially for all people who went previous times, and wasn't able to come this time...

It's more like putting on a different pair of sunglasses.

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas
I wanted to thank EVERYONE who came. I learned something valuable from every single person.

We also learned a lot by hosting the event.

And, you all made it a pretty easy job for us to host.

Awesome.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
For those of you who didn't attend, the clock starts ticking now.

You have 360 days before the next meet up. (+/-).

The world has two types of people. Those who do, and those who don't. It's really quite that simple.

This past weekend in Scottsdale was a private meeting of those who do.

You're not going to get recaps. It wasn't a public venue. It was a private meeting, full of (mostly) serious discussions about life and business pursuit.

Many of you next year at this time will still have reasons why you can't attend. That's ok. That may be who you are.

To those whose life was changed by a few days in Scottsdale, well done. I am thrilled for you. Carry that momentum away from that oasis and back into the real world.

We're watching for your progress thread from B&P forward.

Talk with several of you soon. - Vigilante

TheTruth

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
292%
Feb 13, 2012
Toronto/Scottsdale
I love how out of all the things that happened during this weekend, I end up headlining in this thread for running around in my underwear LMAO!

So in my defense...

0 F*cks given.jpg

It was nice meeting everyone, :) at least until Boris @TheTruth started running around in wet underwear. :oops: :sour:

Those who left early were spared the spectacle... ;)
OMG. Boris....

Z

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas
Here are a couple photos for those that missed out. Unfortunately, I didn't have time to take many photos - so if you guys took photos, and would like to share, please EMAIL them to me!

Edit: I wont' be posting the photos publically - just would love some to keep and look back on. :)

p7mkMJx.jpg

Os5v4Ql.jpg

A little bit of the aftermath from last night (Damn - you guys can drink!).

PKKligi.jpg

Mrs. BRKb

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Apr 27, 2008
USA
Hey Wanderer, we could have used your invention this weekend.

Here is my personal takeaway: If one includes images in the B & P presentation of aircraft, aircraft engines, and aircraft wings, there is a 100% chance (apparently!) of being stuck for a looong time at the PHX airport with complex plane maintenance problems upon departure.

:)

Wanderer

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
114%
Mar 14, 2013
Canada
Hey Wanderer, we could have used your invention this weekend.

Yes, device is meant to be used in such events. Unfortunately, some unpredictable circumstances all the time pushes prototypes back.
I have 20 prototypes finished, but have some bugs in program.
Lesson learned from this development and assembling- never relay on friends. Better to pay for somebody and hold a nonpayment gun near his head than all the time hear , that your buddy do not have time to finish it.
Hope for next B&P I will bring production unit....

1step

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
231%
Dec 4, 2012
Kentucky
BnP Reflection + I flushed $420k down the toilet and @zen******* Kicked my a$$!

@snowbank had a great BnP presentation about how due diligence and a great network saved him $700k

In reflection on that and the entire B&P experience I wanted to reflect on a time where I flushed $420k down the toilet because I didn’t use my network or pay for advice.

Saturday night, in conversation with @zen******* I told him the story of shutting down a profitable business that had grown to 70k/month and he completely kicked my a$$ for killing it. Best way to put what proceeded is probably TOUGH LOVE.

I’d like to save all the boring details and just teach you the lessons I learned from both him and snowbank’s presentation.

70k/month six months later is $420k in revenue that I lost over the 6 months since I shut this down.

I'm sure no one out there is dumb enough to make the same mistake I did, after reading the next few points I hope to ensure that!

Here are a few lessons, learn from my mistakes!

1. Use your network or pay top dollar for good advice! Before killing my business I should’ve either talked to the people already in my network OR paid money for advice. Even if that advice were $100,000 I would have come out way ahead. In Zens words “pay me 200k next time, I would’ve saved you 200k,” while it sounds ridiculous, I would have no doubt been further ahead today. (zen told me he would’ve helped me for free, this was just to illustrate how ridiculous my stupidity was.)

2. Don’t stop at the first person that answers the phone and DON’T make radical decisions based on what they say. The person that answers the phone may not be the most knowledgeable and might not understand your issue at all (no experience). In my case this was the SoS in Kentucky, proceed and talk to more people and if you still don’t find a way to solve your problem don’t jump to conclusions. Ask your network or pay someone for advice!

3. As a “lone wolf” entrepreneur I have fallen into trying to do everything myself. Ask for advice, pay for advice, build a network! Its hard to do everything yourself! Building a network, finding mentors and your employees are worth their weight in gold. Don't fall into the lone wolf entrepreneur trap.

4. Don’t use your home address for your business address

5. A UPS box is a good option for a business address

6. A good network can SAVE you a TON of money and MAKE you a TON of money

7. BnP and other events are amazing chances to meet like minded people and build your network. Everyone has completely different backgrounds and experiences and you can learn a ton from everyone.

8. Thanks to @zen******* for the tough love and his awesome BnP speech and also @snowbank for re-drilling everything Zen said back in my head on Sunday!

9. I got “lucky” (@danoodle ) to make it to my first BnP and have no doubt my life has changed. (Series of fortunate events)

Also big thanks to @JasonR , @TheTruth and @AndrewNC for organizing the event, it was awesome and they deserve a ton of props for how well organized it was.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.