Hi All, *WARNING: long post, probably will come off as a wantrepeneur*
So I was recently introduced to the concept of E-commerce, startups, authority pages and the "fastlane". After my friend showed me his own authority page and what it transform into once it started gaining traction, I figured "hey! I can do that!". So with some thought and something which was somewhat of interest to me, I decided my topic.
I purchased the domain name (something which could also be the name of a brand if I decided to add a shop aspect to my site) and used the same method my friend used. I registered the site with google, got an analytics account and started the construct my site. There was something exciting about this process and I had just taken the first step in my plan for what this particular website was to become.
While I did have a plan for this website, it was also more of a test for myself and a learning tool to help give myself a crash course on building a page, writing content, and getting traffic to my site. It is still early days (has only been a month since it was launched), but I am already starting to see just how much time goes into these things, especially seeing as I don't have much to spare right now. This was a problem I didn't foresee during the conception of the page.
Should I have chosen a more simplistic and narrower topic to base my authority page around and should I do this in the future? The only problem I can see here is that it might be harder to get traffic or build a hub around something which is too niche.
What is everyone else's experience with authority pages? Are they worth the time put into them and how long should I wait until I start to see more traffic coming to my site (i.e. how long until my page will be placed higher in google search rankings). I just hit the one month mark and have had 240ish visitors. Does this mean I am on the right track?
So I was recently introduced to the concept of E-commerce, startups, authority pages and the "fastlane". After my friend showed me his own authority page and what it transform into once it started gaining traction, I figured "hey! I can do that!". So with some thought and something which was somewhat of interest to me, I decided my topic.
I purchased the domain name (something which could also be the name of a brand if I decided to add a shop aspect to my site) and used the same method my friend used. I registered the site with google, got an analytics account and started the construct my site. There was something exciting about this process and I had just taken the first step in my plan for what this particular website was to become.
While I did have a plan for this website, it was also more of a test for myself and a learning tool to help give myself a crash course on building a page, writing content, and getting traffic to my site. It is still early days (has only been a month since it was launched), but I am already starting to see just how much time goes into these things, especially seeing as I don't have much to spare right now. This was a problem I didn't foresee during the conception of the page.
Should I have chosen a more simplistic and narrower topic to base my authority page around and should I do this in the future? The only problem I can see here is that it might be harder to get traffic or build a hub around something which is too niche.
What is everyone else's experience with authority pages? Are they worth the time put into them and how long should I wait until I start to see more traffic coming to my site (i.e. how long until my page will be placed higher in google search rankings). I just hit the one month mark and have had 240ish visitors. Does this mean I am on the right track?
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
