The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Ask Me About About SEO. Blackhat, Whitehat Whatever!

glaskon

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Aug 16, 2012
With this statement, I can disregard everything you are saying because you obviously know nothing about SEO. There is no safe techniques. Actually, sorry I am wrong. Safe techniques would be doing nothing. Once you build any link to your site, you put yourself at risk.

If you are doing white hat, you are basically a chump who knows nothing about anything.
Hi Dan, ok of course you can disregard everything you want. But we play on google ground so for me it is obvious that brother G. can make penalty for everything whatever we do. But there safe and less safe ways to get ranked. I tried to say in example : "Because mostly in black hat... only incoming links count (3 weeks ago (after pinguin) we putted fresh domain on hard keyword and it is still on top). " mentioned that in black hat it is enough to link 0,5-1mln links (using xrumer and other tools) and optimisation and other thing are much less factor to get ranked. But those techniques are rather good for landing pages not to brand webpage becoause life cycle of that promoted websites is 2 weeks to 1,5 year before it gets filtred .

For that called white SEO i have my own 3000 domains, for black seo other stuff. But of course you can name me a chump. Maybe in San Diego there is no respect to others, but in Poland we respect people even if they writing skills are not good in foreign languages.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Dan Da Man

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 20, 2012
San Diego
Dan, all you're saying here is about getting back links.
What tools do you use to find keywords for sites?

Yes, that is what I am saying since SEO is all about backlinks. I don't understand your comment? If you think there is more to SEO than you have got a lot to learn.

I use my brain to find keywords. It works lovely ;)

S

stranger

Indeed, I'm not a cool SEO guru like you're. No doubt, you use your brain to find keywords (not other parts of your body).
I only know how to sell goods online and how to promote my business. Article marketing still works ok for me.
Good luck with your seo method.
Yes, that is what I am saying since SEO is all about backlinks. I don't understand your comment? If you think there is more to SEO than you have got a lot to learn.

I use my brain to find keywords. It works lovely ;)

JaySoriano

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Aug 10, 2012
What initial linkbuilding do you do for a new website? List of directories, profiles, etc.

Dan Da Man

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 20, 2012
San Diego
Hi Dan, ok of course you can disregard everything you want. But we play on google ground so for me it is obvious that brother G. can make penalty for everything whatever we do. But there safe and less safe ways to get ranked. I tried to say in example : "Because mostly in black hat... only incoming links count (3 weeks ago (after pinguin) we putted fresh domain on hard keyword and it is still on top). " mentioned that in black hat it is enough to link 0,5-1mln links (using xrumer and other tools) and optimisation and other thing are much less factor to get ranked. But those techniques are rather good for landing pages not to brand webpage becoause life cycle of that promoted websites is 2 weeks to 1,5 year before it gets filtred .

For that called white SEO i have my own 3000 domains, for black seo other stuff. But of course you can name me a chump. Maybe in San Diego there is no respect to others, but in Poland we respect people even if they writing skills are not good in foreign languages.

Calling you a chump means you don't know anything about SEO. Maybe you do. I don't really care. Everyone has their opinions but I do know that for any competitive terms, you have to use blackhat and the blackest of blackhat. It has nothing to do with your lanuage so you misunderstood what chump means. Chump in this context means you have listen to google and you are blindly adhering to their stupid "whitehat" SEO propaganda. I had no idea you are from Poland.

Dan Da Man

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 20, 2012
San Diego
Indeed, I'm not a cool SEO guru like you're. No doubt, you use your brain to find keywords (not other parts of your body).
I only know how to sell goods online and how to promote my business. Article marketing still works ok for me.
Good luck with your seo method.

I was just saying that is all you need. You don't need some software tool that will tell you exactly what keywords to go for because really they don't do much other than giving you some really lame stats.

Sorry, I take that back. Google keyword tool is really all you need. It is a tool but it doesn't show you much more than what people are searching and how many people are searching. Organizing it is another story. Sorry if I came off cocky. Let me know if you want further explanation of how I use the G keyword tool to find my keywords.

Dan

sammich

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Nov 16, 2011
Dan Da Man,

If you're developing a website via wordpress and have the site access blocked off until its ready for launch by lets say http status code of 503, does that hurt you in terms of SEO/SERP placement upon launch?

Does developing your site within a subdomain of the main domain hurt SEO/SERP? In other words, if you have the exact same content as your main domain say at www.domain.com that you're using for development on www.dev.domain.com, does google count that as duplicate content?

Lanechanger

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Oct 6, 2012
Hi Dan,

Loving your thread! Is the ebook this available? I really want to upgrade my SEO skills and knowledge.

Jake

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
May 15, 2011
Bangkok
Question for Dan or anyone else who may see this - What's your thoughts on Exact Match Domains now?

Looks like Google killed the benefits of having it about 1.5 weeks ago. I know one of my sites went from front page to lost in cyberspace due to this change. Are there still benefits to having an EMD or are they not even worth looking for?

Tommy92l

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Aug 20, 2012
Hey whats up man!

I was wondering what you thought of Attracta? I used their tools in the SEO section of my Cpanel, and after I registered they kept calling me...:confused: I picked up twice and each time it was a 30 minute conversation on "When should I call you back next?". They claim to get your link on the first page of google within around 90 days. Granted, it was a nice guy I talked to but I didn't really know (Nor do I now) anything about SEO, so really he was telling me everything I wanted to hear.

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Oct 20, 2012
Small world... BHW Jr. VIP here ;)

prime

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Oct 16, 2012
Vienna, Virginia
Who isnt these days..

Not me :) Going completely blackhat is not the only way to rank on google. I know because I've done it, and I'm not talking about longtail keywords, or low result keywords. I'm talking about one word keywords that bring in 280,000,000+ results.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
I'm not there for the bh stuff, its just a very good resource for all IM stuff, if you filter out the noobs ;)

Gravytrain

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Oct 7, 2012
Vancouver, Canada
I'm not there for the bh stuff, its just a very good resource for all IM stuff, if you filter out the noobs ;)

You must have a very, very large filter.

:)

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
Not me Going completely blackhat is not the only way to rank on google. I know because I've done it, and I'm not talking about longtail keywords, or low result keywords. I'm talking about one word keywords that bring in 280,000,000+ results.

I for one would be highly interested in how you are doing this. Would you be willing to share?

sigurdur

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Oct 26, 2012
Iceland
You must have a very, very large filter.

:)
Probably got something like this working for him/her
very-large-filter.jpg

prime, 280,000,000 is a very large number .. is this an exact match or a broad match? (hint: search for your term in quotes to get the actual number)

The reason I say this is because I rank for the top 7 results (yes, top 7) for a keyword that has 4,050,000 results ... the website has no backlinks OR content..!!
If I search for my term in quotes, I get 885 - I have an EMD .. go figure ;-)

Dan Da Man

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 20, 2012
San Diego
Probably got something like this working for him/her
View attachment 4081

prime, 280,000,000 is a very large number .. is this an exact match or a broad match? (hint: search for your term in quotes to get the actual number)

The reason I say this is because I rank for the top 7 results (yes, top 7) for a keyword that has 4,050,000 results ... the website has no backlinks OR content..!!
If I search for my term in quotes, I get 885 - I have an EMD .. go figure ;-)

Oh my... I had 10,000,000,000 result pages. Who cares! Both of you look silly boaasting about how many result pages came up for a keyword you were ranking.

Hairy Maclary

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Jul 4, 2012
Hi dan,
Is google keywords really all you need and how do u use it?
Are EMD's really not required anymore and if so does this change the game plan?
How do you do such hard turns while surfing man?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.