Sunflower88
New Contributor
- Joined
- Jul 31, 2019
- Messages
- 2
Rep Bank
$25
$25
User Power: 300%
Hi there!
I’m curious if this is recognised by some of you. My friend has a successful company in the cleaning industry/housekeeping. He has about 40 employees and makes very good money. I’m very proud on him!! I’ve seen him grow over the years, we talk about his developments almost every day so I feel very involved as well, therefore this thread. But suddenly he is worried that this company doesn’t not “fit his image”. He would prefer to have a company in the music industry which he is planning on starting but now he doesn’t want to tell anyone about this (very successful) company and he has removed it from all his social media accounts, even from LinkedIn. Personally, I don’t understand this because I believe he can and should be so very proud on himself! We have endless discussions about this but he believes his cleaning company will reflect on him in a bad way, even though it’s highly successful.
What do you think? Is there a chance that having a company in a “less appealing” industry can work against you when you want to start a company in your “dream industry” like for instance, the music industry? Thank you so much!
I’m curious if this is recognised by some of you. My friend has a successful company in the cleaning industry/housekeeping. He has about 40 employees and makes very good money. I’m very proud on him!! I’ve seen him grow over the years, we talk about his developments almost every day so I feel very involved as well, therefore this thread. But suddenly he is worried that this company doesn’t not “fit his image”. He would prefer to have a company in the music industry which he is planning on starting but now he doesn’t want to tell anyone about this (very successful) company and he has removed it from all his social media accounts, even from LinkedIn. Personally, I don’t understand this because I believe he can and should be so very proud on himself! We have endless discussions about this but he believes his cleaning company will reflect on him in a bad way, even though it’s highly successful.
What do you think? Is there a chance that having a company in a “less appealing” industry can work against you when you want to start a company in your “dream industry” like for instance, the music industry? Thank you so much!
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
