The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

As a blogger how do you motivate yourself?

Anything related to matters of the mind

alex4u

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Jun 23, 2018
India
For the last couple of days, I'm feeling demotivated, as my traffic to the blog has decreased no significant income is being generated. I don't know how to keep myself motivated in this matter. I am losing faith.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Carlitos

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jul 13, 2016
New York City
How many different "direct traffic lanes" do you have toward your website? Any social media accounts with high followers? Are you currently already monetizing the website? Hows your SEO? How old is your website? Does your blog produces at least more than one solution to a problem someone may be having? As in how would people benefit of your website?

Late Bloomer

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Apr 17, 2018
You are planting seeds. Each post is a seed that could grow into a future income. Is a farmer bored or tired of planting seeds? Only if he is skeptical about whether he has found something that might grow into a harvest. Also, these seeds are each a discussion or example of something related to a topic or theme. If you are interested in a topic or a theme, is it boring and difficult to share some news and ideas about it?

TheOrchestrator

Freedom Fighter
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
361%
Feb 8, 2018
Houston, TX
Hi, Alex. Sorry to hear you're having a hard time. I'm still quite the newbie myself, but perhaps I can look at your blog and see if there's anything that sticks out to me? I'm open to take a brief look at it later tonight if you'd like. If you are not comfortable posting the link here, just PM me?

Jason "GrandK"

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jun 17, 2018
Pacific Northwest
For the last couple of days, I'm feeling demotivated, as my traffic to the blog has decreased no significant income is being generated. I don't know how to keep myself motivated in this matter. I am losing faith.

For me, the motivation to create a successful website was simple. I hated my commute and sitting in a cubicle all day. So when I made it my mission to create a successful website, my motivation was to never return to a 9-5 job.

It took me three years for my first website to create anything that resembled what I would consider income. Within 4.5 years I had sold that site.

I didn't need motivation to work for myself. However, I need motivation to work for someone else.

When I worked for someone else I always saw all the money I was making them and it always drove me nuts.

But when I worked for myself and discovered that there was no limit to my earning potential I did not need anything else to get me up in the morning. It would not be uncommon for me to wake up at 330 am 7 days a week and work tirelessly until my goals for the day were done.

So my advice would be to pour yourself into your blog, work endless hours, expect it to take 3 years or more before you see results and focus on the goal. Stop doubting and believe.

Carlitos

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jul 13, 2016
New York City
I don't want to steer away from OP motivation thread but perhaps he might find this motivating.

For me, the motivation to create a successful website was simple. I hated my commute and sitting in a cubicle all day. So when I made it my mission to create a successful website, my motivation was to never return to a 9-5 job.

It took me three years for my first website to create anything that resembled what I would consider income. Within 4.5 years I had sold that site.

I didn't need motivation to work for myself. However, I need motivation to work for someone else.

When I worked for someone else I always saw all the money I was making them and it always drove me nuts.

But when I worked for myself and discovered that there was no limit to my earning potential I did not need anything else to get me up in the morning. It would not be uncommon for me to wake up at 330 am 7 days a week and work tirelessly until my goals for the day were done.

So my advice would be to pour yourself into your blog, work endless hours, expect it to take 3 years or more before you see results and focus on the goal. Stop doubting and believe.

Why didn't you keep the website to monetize it and create a passive income out of it?

How was you able to come up how much the site was worth in order to sell it for X price?

What are some monetize strategist do you recommend?

Jason "GrandK"

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jun 17, 2018
Pacific Northwest
Why didn't you keep the website to monetize it and create a passive income out of it?

How was you able to come up how much the site was worth in order to sell it for X price?

What are some monetize strategist do you recommend?

My thoughts on selling came down to the space I was in and the competition level. It was creating quasi-passive income. I say that but I never stopped creating content, even up until escrow closed because I did not want to lose momentum. The site created plenty of passive income and I could have just let it be. But that is not my style. I ended up selling because it made sense to based on the market, the level of competition and the offer.

Basically, the offer came in at 10X net income (4X revenue). I figured it would take 5 years minimum at my current growth to make the same amount of money. Plus, when you consider opportunity cost, getting 10X all at once is a huge motivating factor. Add in the competition level and that Google could obsolete my site on a whim and I was more than happy to cash out. In the future I will probably hold new sites for longer (maybe, who can really say?).

Monetization strategies that work are affiliate marketing or simply doing what everyone else is doing but coming up with a new angle.

I have a site that does affiliate stuff now. But we are pretty open about the fact that our reviews are meant to generate income. We just tell visitors, in order for us to keep creating great content we need you to buy some stuff we talk about. Honesty is a good policy, imo.

As per coming up with a new angle, on my first site we tried the approach that we were different because we did not think like everyone else. Our content would take the most popular ideas and flip them on their head. We would act contrarian a lot or at least try and argue a different angle. It worked well enough for us.

Another way to monetize is to create a subscription site. Provide enough information that your readers know you are legit but leave the top 10% of your content for subscribers only. Produce great original content every week for your subscribers and you will grow your client list substantially.

alex4u

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Jun 23, 2018
India

Yes, this is my actual plan. But my financial problems are coming in my way.

alex4u

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Jun 23, 2018
India
Hi, Alex. Sorry to hear you're having a hard time. I'm still quite the newbie myself, but perhaps I can look at your blog and see if there's anything that sticks out to me? I'm open to take a brief look at it later tonight if you'd like. If you are not comfortable posting the link here, just PM me?
how to direct msg here, not getting any options

Jason "GrandK"

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jun 17, 2018
Pacific Northwest
Yes, this is my actual plan. But my financial problems are coming in my way.

I feel your pain. I lived it. I had to move in with the in-laws for a year to survive financially. I had to rent out my home. My family lived like paupers in the basement of my wife's mom. I had to endure my mother in laws frequent questions about when I was going to find a "real" job. But I never stopped believing that I could achieve my goal and I only used my problems to work that much harder. You can do the same. Don't let anyone or anything stand in your way.

alex4u

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Jun 23, 2018
India
I feel your pain. I lived it. I had to move in with the in-laws for a year to survive financially. I had to rent out my home. My family lived like paupers in the basement of my wife's mom. I had to endure my mother in laws frequent questions about when I was going to find a "real" job. But I never stopped believing that I could achieve my goal and I only used my problems to work that much harder. You can do the same. Don't let anyone or anything stand in your way.
Thank you very much for the support! :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.