I skip breakfast and i find that after eating a big lunch it feels impossible for me to sit down and do any software development or anything else that in my mind is "work".
My stomach is full and i just wanna relax and watch TV, which is exactly what i end up doing. Once i watch 2 or 3 episodes of tv I am mentally done, the gears have shifted for the day, I'm in full on "LEISURE" mode, and only going to bed will reset my mentality.
On the contrary, when i wake up, although it takes a bit of a push to get the ball rolling, I find that the empty stomach actually helps me be more focused, like some kind of primal focus or something.
I can do nothing but work stuff at least for a good 5-6 hours before i eat my meal, which feels like a reward for my efforts, and then i get to spend the rest of my day in victorious leisure.
I'm wondering if this is the "natural" cycle of "work and play"?
I find that whenever I slack off or throw in the towel when there's still work to be done, it casts a cloud over my leisure and kind of ruins it a bit.
However if i start off the day with a bang, knocking out all my work first, then I feel so damn accomplished and proud of myself.
I haven't been able to be consistent with it yet, but I'm really determined to make "work first" a lifetime mentality.
The hardest part is the very first moments of waking up, and knowing that you got several hours of work ahead. if those thoughts defeat me then i already lost for the day, otherwise i push through and have a very productive day.
I've tried mixing it up with a little work first, followed by a meal and relaxing for a bit, then work again in the afternoon, and that type of stuff.
It just doesn't work for me, and it muddies the whole day up.
This approach also helps me when it comes to typical "time wasting" vices like TV, video games, social media, etc
I don't say no to any of that stuff, but they have no part in my "work" phase of the day. Once i cross over into leisure, then i feel no guilt about binge watching a show on netflix or killin some time on youtube, or playin games or whatever.
If anything, i find that i end up entertaining myself with the most high value entertainment, basically less time randomly checking facebook and more time enjoying a good video game or something.
I'm curious to hear what long term approach works for people on here.
My stomach is full and i just wanna relax and watch TV, which is exactly what i end up doing. Once i watch 2 or 3 episodes of tv I am mentally done, the gears have shifted for the day, I'm in full on "LEISURE" mode, and only going to bed will reset my mentality.
On the contrary, when i wake up, although it takes a bit of a push to get the ball rolling, I find that the empty stomach actually helps me be more focused, like some kind of primal focus or something.
I can do nothing but work stuff at least for a good 5-6 hours before i eat my meal, which feels like a reward for my efforts, and then i get to spend the rest of my day in victorious leisure.
I'm wondering if this is the "natural" cycle of "work and play"?
I find that whenever I slack off or throw in the towel when there's still work to be done, it casts a cloud over my leisure and kind of ruins it a bit.
However if i start off the day with a bang, knocking out all my work first, then I feel so damn accomplished and proud of myself.
I haven't been able to be consistent with it yet, but I'm really determined to make "work first" a lifetime mentality.
The hardest part is the very first moments of waking up, and knowing that you got several hours of work ahead. if those thoughts defeat me then i already lost for the day, otherwise i push through and have a very productive day.
I've tried mixing it up with a little work first, followed by a meal and relaxing for a bit, then work again in the afternoon, and that type of stuff.
It just doesn't work for me, and it muddies the whole day up.
This approach also helps me when it comes to typical "time wasting" vices like TV, video games, social media, etc
I don't say no to any of that stuff, but they have no part in my "work" phase of the day. Once i cross over into leisure, then i feel no guilt about binge watching a show on netflix or killin some time on youtube, or playin games or whatever.
If anything, i find that i end up entertaining myself with the most high value entertainment, basically less time randomly checking facebook and more time enjoying a good video game or something.
I'm curious to hear what long term approach works for people on here.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Last edited:
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
