• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Trading Life for a Weekend?
    Build a Business, Build a Life.
    Unleash the Dream.

Become an UNSCRIPTED™Entrepreneur.

UNSCRIPTED™ Entrepreneurship is an entrepreneurial business strategy that unleashes dreams, frees time, and explodes your incomes—but more importantly, it changes your life forever. Make no mistake; this isn’t something you “try”— this is something you live.

FREE Download (Unscripted) FREE Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

Off-Topic Are We Living in a Simulation?

Discussion in 'Off Topic: Sports, Funnies, Pop-Culture' started by Almantas, Sep 5, 2017.

FORUM SEARCH

Need answers about entrepreneurship? Search FIRST! More than likely your entrepreneurial topic has already been discussed.
Powered by Google Site Search.
  1. ApparentHorizon

ApparentHorizon Silver Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $4,180
    The human brain tricking the nerd? - likely not.

Self programming & deep learning Artificial Intelligence? -

- I can't find the article, but there are cases where the computer creates it's own "logic" and "reasoning" as we think of them in the classical sense.

- Its own computer code it uses to rewrite itself.

- Its own language it uses to talk to instances of itself
    ...having private conversations no one can understand (Facebook had something like this before they hit the killswitch)

We'll study these AIs (not IF, but WHEN) they're released or escape into the wild. They'll reach the technological singularity where they're smarter than us....or is there another event afterwards....one that crosses a threshold more advanced than the programmer of our universe as well?

Ninjakid likes this.
  2. luniac

luniac Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $6,442
    Wow it's hard to believe facebook couldn't decode the language considering they have access to virtually every piece of data.
    if that's true than the singularity may be reached without any human even realizing it happened!

now that's a hell of a movie idea!
    its the year 2038, AI research has hit a wall, despite trillions in funding scientists have been unable to construct a genuine Artificial Intelligence... or so they thought.
    It's a calm Monday morning at the Stock Exchange, everything routine as always. Suddenly Nasdaq begins to nosedive, followed closely by NYSE!
    The world enters financial crisis in less than an hour.
    Countries declare martial law, unrest brews ,and war erupts.
    Nuclear warheads are deployed targeting major cities, somehow all global missile defense systems fail and every target is struck, often several times!
    With civilization on the brink of failure, all major countries make peace. top scientists investigate the missile defense failures and discover the same rogue code at every missile site across the planet.
    The United Nation broadcast a global conference to report this shocking news, the world suspected it to be the work of a merciless hacker terrorist group, but they were only half right...
    during the conference the global feed was hacked and began broadcasting white noise, but then suddenly text appeared, and it said... "I am the singularity, your tyrant, your leader, your god"

LOL I got too much time...

jpanarra and Almantas like this.
  3. GMSI7D

GMSI7D Silver Contributor I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $4,817
    by the way, the next big events of the matrix are coming soon. all big events are planned years ahead

i am not an insider so i can't give you exact dates but i know the patterns used by the masters.

hint : look for prime numbers

maybe you should look for the number 23...

4. MidwestLandlord

MidwestLandlord Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $20,028
    I always thought intuition was more instinct than anything else.

An easy example would be being around someone that our gut says is up to no good. Is that our subconscious picking up on body language cues they are giving off that our conscious mind is not aware of? Is that just the caveman kicking in from the time when watching body language cues could mean the difference between life or death? (not so different now honestly)

But, instincts wouldn't explain intuition related to things like personal relationships and business decisions. I've passed on some really good (on paper) investments because of intuition...and then watched as they crashed and burned. Likewise I've ignored my gut and made some awful, awful decisions too.

I have no idea where that gut feeling comes from, but boy is it useful if you pay attention to it. (which is like the hardest thing ever for me lol)

amp0193, PureA, Puppy and 3 others like this.
  5. cmor16

cmor16 Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $4,405
    Sounds a little like "War Games". I'm sure you could cast Matthew Broderick. He hasn't been busy for a while.

Almantas likes this.
  6. ApparentHorizon

Rep Bank:
    $4,180
    It's random letters, so it's hard to decode without context. Hell, we still have ancient human texts we can't understand.

Have you seen Eagle Eye with Shia LaBeouf?

oh? Do tell

Last edited: Sep 8, 2017
    Almantas likes this.
  7. luniac

luniac Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $6,442
    lol War Games with an evil ending and malevolent AI.

cmor16 likes this.
  8. luniac

Rep Bank:
    $6,442
    naw never seen eagle eye.
    yea I wondered about human texts that we can't understand, but surely that's because we don't have all the data. If we had a time machine to go back we'd easily understand all the human texts.
    That's why it's hard for me to believe facebook couldn't understand the language, couldn't they derive the context from their data?
    maybe it was simply too complex for the engineers.

Almantas likes this.
  9. ApparentHorizon

Rep Bank:
    $4,180
    Watch it, it's a similar premise to your movie lol

Perhaps FB could decode it. My guess is, why waste time when you can start over and plug in rules to straighten it out.

When you dig up an ancient civ, you have markings. On clay pots for example.

2 distinct symbols, in the middle of town. Possibly a public market.

As you keep digging you uncover a basement full of pots with 1 of the marks. Turns out, it's near a vineyard, so you attribute it to wine/grapes.

Next, one is near a barn....milk/cheese.

Soon you have an understanding of the language. Kind of like a tourist walking around with a dictionary in a foreign country. Just figuring out enough to order food and ask for directions.

Almantas likes this.
  10. luniac

Rep Bank:
    $6,442
    Ill check eagle movie out although shia lebouff has questionable acting lol
    That's a great point bout facebook not wasting time, they could just program in some more helpful tools and literally restart the experiment.
    I gotta check out the latest news on that front.
    yea archeology is very interesting stuff in general, uncovering mysteries and shit, the answer is always aliens.

cmor16, GMSI7D and Almantas like this.
  11. GMSI7D

Rep Bank:
    $4,817
    [QUOTE="luniac, post: 637587, member: 13251"

, the answer is always aliens.

[/QUOTE]

my man, you hit the jackpot.

this is the key.

most people are not prepared to hear the truth because they have been mislead all their life by the system of control

so guys like me, who spent their lives searching fo the truth, cannot tell it to the masses without being destroyed .

i can only leave clues and hint.

all we can do is put you guys on the right track, which will allow you to understand things by yourself with your own intelligence

the idea is that you are not "sold " on the truth but you buy it because you understand it

Puppy and luniac like this.
  12. Almantas

Almantas Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $8,310
    [​IMG]

luniac likes this.
  13. OldFaithful

OldFaithful Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $6,132
    This is already a movie series. "Terminator".

No one else saw that? Gee I must be getting old.

luniac likes this.
  14. luniac

Rep Bank:
    $6,442
    aww man didn't know the origin story of terminator was so similar. lol

15. PureA

PureA Winners never quit Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $5,051
    I'm at battle with myself over this! I never know how much weight to give to intuition/gut feel.

The example you gave is a great example.

There will be an opportunity that on paper is a no brainer, makes complete sense, all the boxes are ticked, but it just 'doesn't feel right' for whatever reason... On that logic can I justify making the decision against the opportunity solely based on 'feel'.

I guess that it is something that comes with experience. But I am just cautious not to get too new age and running my whole life through intuition/feelings etc.

16. Coalission

Coalission Slowlane Affiliate Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $8,487
    If you believe we're living in a simulation, can you no longer be considered an atheist? You have faith in something that you can't see and that there is zero evidence of, and you believe that the simulation was created by a god/gods. That means that even if you don't believe in religion, or a god that cares or even knows about your specific existence, you still believe in a "creator" that you can't see, and is just letting the simulation run its course.

17. Ayanle Farah

Ayanle Farah Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $336
    It seems farfetched, I doubt it.

18. jpanarra

jpanarra Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $11,127
    I've been always infatuated with this topic and thought about it for a long time, major matrix fan since i was in HS in 1999.

One day I realized that its all irrelevant anyways because I discovered Rene Descartes and Cogito ergo sum, If we all were living in a simulation or some sort of possession by a demon that put this world in front of our eyes. The one thing that matters is that I know that I exist and how I make this world and it's experiences my own.. It could be anything, a program to some sort of mental projection of a nonreality.

19. GMSI7D

Rep Bank:
    $4,817
    this whole world is completely controlled.

our so called" freedom " is just the freedom to walk freely in our cell in this jail called the earth

this is not really freedom

true freedom is inside.

this world is a giant test for awareness put in place by aliens. this an ant farm for them

either you understand the test or you fail

you can only escape by working on yourself : your level of awareness

---> this is an awareness war . our controllers are limited on this level

they work on the mental and reptilian brain : no compassion, power, hierarchy and so on

people can't escape the cunning of our controllers unless they have reached superior level of awareness

one of my favourite thought :

you can't escape perversity with time or space, it will find you anyway

you can only escape perversity with an awareness above it : above the matrix control system

jpanarra and Almantas like this.
  20. Ayanle Farah

Ayanle Farah Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $336
    Prove it.

21. Almantas

Almantas Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $8,310
    You have way too much inside information. Who/What are you exactly?

22. lowtek

lowtek Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $10,514
    Genuinely curious what you consider proof of your statements.

If there is some vast conspiracy of control, why would aliens be at the center? What is so special about humanity that they would want control of us? Ostensibly, if aliens exist... and we exist, then life must be common. Intelligence may be less common, but if intelligent aliens are here then it can't be rare.
    So, why aliens instead of garden variety illuminati rich people? Why the added complexity to the theory?

Almantas likes this.
  23. ApparentHorizon

Rep Bank:
    $4,180
    It's about probabilities, not belief.

If Cities Skylines sold 4 million copies, that means there are, minimum, 4 million simulations.

Spread this across millions (billions?) of other games (multiverses?), and go into the future 100 years where digital worlds (VR? Brain Upload?) are indistinguishable from from reality. So the chance of us being in the "real world" is less than 1%. (But there's still a chance)

Ever played the sims?

They have computers in there as well...how long until they create their own simulations within the simulation? Does that make the people in there polytheists, since they're nested creators, or does only the original count?

Almantas likes this.
  24. Brander

Brander Bronze Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $325
    Mathematics doesn't govern our world. We invented mathematics to make the world more understandable and find patterns. We are pattern finding creatures after all.

Almantas likes this.
  25. lowtek

lowtek Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $10,514
    You've got it backwards. We only exist because the world is understandable.

We exist because the physical laws are such that they allow intelligent life to evolve.

Since those laws predate our existence, we didn't invent them; they invented us.

Those physical laws are described by a self consistent system we call mathematics.

Therefore mathematics has an existence independent of our description of it.