The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Are there any recommended ways to start a business for graduating college students in China?

袁新雨123

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
27%
Jun 9, 2021
I am 20 years old this year. I read mj’s book and I feel very enlightening. I feel that the fast lane is the right path to life. But I don’t have the funds and I don’t know where to start. In the big environment of China, I don’t know what business to do. If you have any recommendations, please let me know

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
D

Deleted85763

I am 20 years old this year. I read mj’s book and I feel very enlightening. I feel that the fast lane is the right path to life. But I don’t have the funds and I don’t know where to start. In the big environment of China, I don’t know what business to do. If you have any recommendations, please let me know
I find it amazing that with all the opportunity in the world people spend their lives not knowing how to earn a great living. I was no different when I was younger but I discovered ways to make money in the business to business market in the US and to a lesser extent Europe. Being in China you could source products and then export them to the US or Europe or everywhere! A lot of people do that but you can find a specialty. Like for random example, selling quality flashlights or waterproof sneakers or doll houses, etc.. There is almost no limitation. However, actually doing it and making a profit DOES require lots of time. That's really about it, if what your doing is fun then it is effortless. No money investment required. You can do it by using the buyers money to pay the supplier. Or receive a commission from the supplier. Some supplier will honor agreements; others may not. Avoid the latter.

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016
You gotta be kidding.
Make some product for pennies , collaborate with someone in states that will sell it for dollars.

deliux

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
70%
May 21, 2021
I always have contrarian ideas. Everybody is exporting products from China, but what about serve growing Chinese middle-class that has money and more and more wants luxury Western countries products? More and more Chinese learning to speak English(I heard that there were big shortage of English tutors recently) and I believe that you as local can see those shortages. Share your point of view how situation and market is changing? :)

D

Deleted85763

I always have contrarian ideas. Everybody is exporting products from China, but what about serve growing Chinese middle-class that has money and more and more wants luxury Western countries products? More and more Chinese learning to speak English(I heard that there were big shortage of English tutors recently) and I believe that you as local can see those shortages. Share your point of view how situation and market is changing? :)
I understand it can be quite difficult to near impossible to import into China. Maybe the better idea is to start a totally free market revolution over there. I'm sure most everyone will want that. I think the time is right.

袁新雨123

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
27%
Jun 9, 2021
Yes you said is right, China's upper middle class men and women in Europe and the United States there is a great demand of luxury goods and cosmetics, they do luxury and cosmetics act as purchasing agency, but most Chinese are national complex is very heavy, for a while before the Nike event is the example of the Nike and Adidas uniqlo hm many brands received a blow, Luxury goods in the European and American markets can earn money from Chinese elites and women, and more from domestic national feelings, such as Li Ning.

袁新雨123

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
27%
Jun 9, 2021
It's a good idea, but I don't know how to send it to Europe and America
I find it amazing that with all the opportunity in the world people spend their lives not knowing how to earn a great living. I was no different when I was younger but I discovered ways to make money in the business to business market in the US and to a lesser extent Europe. Being in China you could source products and then export them to the US or Europe or everywhere! A lot of people do that but you can find a specialty. Like for random example, selling quality flashlights or waterproof sneakers or doll houses, etc.. There is almost no limitation. However, actually doing it and making a profit DOES require lots of time. That's really about it, if what your doing is fun then it is effortless. No money investment required. You can do it by using the buyers money to pay the supplier. Or receive a commission from the supplier. Some supplier will honor agreements; others may not. Avoid the latter.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe

Your most obvious angle is mostly likely going to be something e-commerce related. I would suggest start studying that niche and looking for ways to help out.

While everyone on here is buying to sell outside of China you are most likely going to be in a position to be looking/helping with supply.

For those of us unfamiliar which China what’s your options here? What do you think you could be able to get into and have you any friends/connections who have done something already??

D

Deleted70138

Help me (and many others in tourism industry) to figure out 马蜂窝 and 去哪儿网。 All the resources in internet is so outdated, that does not make any sense when reading.

If you looked after the social media of 10-20 foreign companies, you could easily earn several thousands $ a month, probably more.

D

Deleted85763

You could simply be a middleman - take orders from the US and let the Chinese manufacturers and/or distributor s handle all the export/import details. You get paid on the value of the goods or per unit. No investment on your part. Just internet access, time and enthusiasm to make it work. Manufacturers and distributors are always looking to sell so many will work with you. The US and Europeans have lots of money and buy all kinds of goods.

袁新雨123

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
27%
Jun 9, 2021
Help me (and many others in tourism industry) to figure out 马蜂窝 and 去哪儿网。 All the resources in internet is so outdated, that does not make any sense when reading.

If you looked after the social media of 10-20 foreign companies, you could easily earn several thousands $ a month, probably more.
Ok my friend, what should i do

D

Deleted70138

Ok my friend, what should i do
First of all, figure out how those two platforms work, both as a seller and as a service provider.

If you live in rural areas, find a good hiking/cycling route for a day tour and offer it on both of those platforms.
If you live in a city, find a good historical/cultural sightseeing, read about their history and list your day tour. Don't look for most interesting place in intellectual terms, but rather the most picturable or most bragable(I just created this word), something your customers can show off with photos/videos.
Price it 89 RMB, 60 RMB or 25 RMB, depending how long and tiresome it is. Those numbers carry certain psychological weight and has worked pretty well for me. Anything less than that will seem too cheap. Don't include food in the price, unless you have food tasting tour (would be great idea in 玉林).

Once you figure out how to promote your tours, you can either expand on that, or find foreign travel companies and offer them promotions on Chinese social media. You will constantly have an edge over those companies, because 百度 accounts created by non-Chinese entities, are restricted from having followers. This Problem you can be solved by creating a local company under their brand name and operating that way, though I'm not sure exactly how this should be done.

If you can get several foreign companies to agree on it, you can get a % from sales without doing any real "leg work" of running a tour.
10 companies, each having $10K sales(which is not much, can be done in a single group of 20 persons on a 1 week cultural tour) each month can translate to $5,000 - $10,000 each month for you.

riturajshakti

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
May 23, 2021
Don't start a business if you just want to start a business.
A business is always started with the purpose to solve a problem.

If you didn't find the project to solve yet, its better to stay away from starting a business.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.