The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Need money to start a business? Need a way to pay bills? This one is for you!

Ecom man

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
496%
Apr 17, 2014
Obviously the title comes off as scammy, spammy and Guruish (is that even a word?) but for real this idea can make you multiple grand in the next couple of months from just a small investment.

The below will work in just about any city in the USA that is larger than 10-20k people and would probably work in most other developed areas of the world too.

We are about to enter the best time of the year to make some quick money. That time of year where everyone wants gifts for friends, family, and loved ones. That time of year where billions of dollars are spent. And you? You are going to get some of it.

This is similar to many other of the hustling threads on here but rather than buy something on Craigslist and flip it etc. you are going to buy it from China!

No it isn’t dropshipping. No it isn’t selling on eBay or Amazon. It is simply buying items from China and reselling on Craigslist, Facebook marketplace, and Facebook for sale groups.

There are 3 sites you want to check out. Aliexpress, Wish, and DHgate. Go on to each site and type in “tablet”. The current price is about $30 for a brand new 8gb android tablet. You can get them cheaper if you buy in larger quantities but for now we will just go with that. Pull one of the normal looking pictures of the item from the listing and post it on Facebook marketplace, Craigslist, Facebook for sale groups in your city etc for lets say $50. I did this with Facebook for sale groups only and it worked well. Now we wait.

Within a couple of hours of posting I had multiple people comment or message me wanting the item. If you don’t have anyone in the group comment or message you about it within 24 hours than take the post down and try a different product.

Let’s assume that you get 5-10 people commenting/messaging you wanting your tablet at $50. Respond to them and tell them sorry but I sold it someone else and then remove your post. You now know that there are at least 5-10 people in your city that are ready to buy that item. Hop on one of the 3 websites and order 5-10 of them. This is where your small investment comes in. If they are $30 each than 10 of them is $300. I would be sure that they are being shipped DHL (which is why I like dhgate because many sellers use that on there) so that way you get the items in about a 7-10 days.

Fast forward 1 week. You now have 10 tablets sitting at your house. Charge them up and take a picture of the box, of the item in the box, and of the item turned on. Repost it to the group and make $20 profit per tablet.

Now here is the best part about this. Let’s say you sell all 10 of them. You will most likely have 5-10 additional people who want tablets too. Respond to them in private message and tell them you have more coming in from another supplier and will have them in about a week. Take your original $300 and buy 10 more and just rinse and repeat.

The last time I did it with tablets was 3 years ago so maybe tablets won’t work as good now but that is why a simple free test in your area will let you know if it is viable where you live. What if tablets don’t get any bites? There are literally millions of products that you can search from. Hop in the any category. Set your max price at 30 and minimum price at 20 and go to town. Ideally you want products that are small enough where you can easily transport multiple of them and that sell for $50ish. That makes them cheap enough where people can afford them.

That’s it. Yes it’s super simple. No, it isn’t fast lane, but it is a great way to get your feet wet and make some money for your next big project... or you know just to get some money to buy your kids the latest toys.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
Have some rep++

Shipping costs are killer in Australia but I'll place some ads up see if anything sticks.

Last edited:

Jaden Jones

Igloo Builder
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Aug 22, 2018
Canada
Ill need to read this later again, it does sound promising

jpanarra

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Jan 9, 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana
Posted!

upload_2018-10-15_11-0-44.png

Rapid Experiment Underway

NaPal

Done > Perfect
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Apr 16, 2012
USA
Great post @Ecom man to making some quick cash.

3 years ago I purchased about 75 RC helicopters from meh.com for $10/ea. I then sold them on Amazon for anywhere from $50-$80/ea. I got ZERO returns. This goes to show everyone reading this that shit gets crazy when 'tis the season.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
This is similar to many other of the hustling threads on here but rather than buy something on Craigslist and flip it etc. you are going to buy it from China!
Wait...any concerns on trade war impacts? Or are there still some product fields that are still fine, and costs won't inflate?

Ecom man

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
496%
Apr 17, 2014
Wait...any concerns on trade war impacts? Or are there still some product fields that are still fine, and costs won't inflate?
Who cares if costs inflate? Then you raise your prices a bit... paralysis by analysis.

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
I'll never forget one of the first things I sold to make a profit. Back in the ice age (prolly 1990), I rented a booth at an indoor flea market where all you had to do was put your stuff there and they tended to it. So I went to the dollar stores and bought some things not thinking anyone would buy anything.... but I just wanted to see (anxiety). I'll be damned if I didn't sell this music box for $12, that I had bought for $1, within like 2 days. That's when I was hooked..... but it took me a few more years before I started any other kind of business.

Moral of the story.... don't be skeered!

Last edited:

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
Give us an example of y'alls ad. What does it say word for word? It might not be the product or the price, it might be the words you are using.

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
I'll give this a whirl :cool:

View attachment 22172

LMAO sorry, I thought this was one of the ads that displays through this site. So... with... that... said... Mr... Robot... this... is... a... good... generic... ad... for... non... humans.

You gotta get people excited about it. That picture SUCKS!!!! I doubt you could give them away with that picture.

I have a really nice 10" Tablet Quad Core. This one is brand new in the box but I have one just like it and I love it! This Android 6.0 has 1.5 Ghz, blue tooth, GPS and dual cameras..... Make the ad sound like a person selling it and not a commercial ad.

Or, if you want to use a 2nd party in talking about it....

I have a really nice 10" Tablet Quad Core. This one is brand new in the box but I know a lady that has one just like it and she loves it! This Android 6.0 has 1.5 Ghz, blue tooth, GPS and dual cameras blah blah blah

Almost 100% of the people that contact me through any of my websites make sure to mention that they chose to use us because our site sounded human.... down home.... homey, not commercial like all the others.

Thoelt53

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Dec 8, 2016
Boston, MA

ShamanKing

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Aug 30, 2018
California
I have a question in regards of selling on Ebay. I have some products to test, and are ready to be put up forsale. What confuses me is operating as an LLC or Sole Propriety.

Since earning a huge income will take time, I was planning to sell some items and operate as a SP for now and when things start to pick up I will eventually convert to an LLC.

What do you think?

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
I've heard of all of these sites but I had never visited them. I only spent time on Wish. I saw several things on there that a person could buy and make money from. Don't just get caught up in the electronics. For example, lots of camping stuff on there that would sell. And my favorite which I might buy a few to give a way.... a 1 F*ck coin. lol Rarely do I buy things like that but I think I might.... I added it to my WISH list anyway :)

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
I have a question in regards of selling on Ebay. I have some products to test, and are ready to be put up forsale. What confuses me is operating as an LLC or Sole Propriety.

Since earning a huge income will take time, I was planning to sell some items and operate as a SP for now and when things start to pick up I will eventually convert to an LLC.

What do you think?

Unless your product carries risk of bodily injury or death, just go ahead and start selling as SP.

Don't use action faking (filing paperwork) as a stall to keep from making that first sale.

I just listed some old computer hardware on eBay to clear out some clutter. Just sold my first item, and have bids out on two of the others, and a solid offer on one. One item has no traction, but 10 people watching so it will probably sell.

Easy money, go get it.

ShamanKing

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Aug 30, 2018
California
Unless your product carries risk of bodily injury or death, just go ahead and start selling as SP.

Don't use action faking (filing paperwork) as a stall to keep from making that first sale.

I just listed some old computer hardware on eBay to clear out some clutter. Just sold my first item, and have bids out on two of the others, and a solid offer on one. One item has no traction, but 10 people watching so it will probably sell.

Easy money, go get it.

Thanks Lowtec. Reps++, I will update you as I am going to start posting today.

ShamanKing

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Aug 30, 2018
California
Easy money, go get it.[/QUOTE]

Looks like I have to wait for Paypal's process.

jpanarra

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Jan 9, 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana
Yeah,

I haven't exactly heard anything from craigslist. No questions, requests, nothing at all.

HOWEVER, this gave me a new insight on how to try to sell something online. Right now I'm actually looking on aliexpress for something small to try and just put on CL and see if people will try to get in touch to make the buy.

F Wings

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
162%
Oct 27, 2018
Finland
Bump. Any updates?

Did some snooping around and ran into couple of problems. To order to Europe from those Chinese sites the delivery time is around three weeks except if you order some special express delivery but then the price jumps too high which defeats the purpose.

So, I started snooping around a bit closer to home. I found some pretty cheap prices of products that are a bit more unique and they would be hard to find in a popular stores. But each time I found a good looking product I also after a little bit of snooping I found that same product for similar price at a local online store.

Case in point this unique looking cellphone:

upload_2018-11-12_20-58-52.png

First I got excited about the cheap price on an international store because the price range locally is sometimes around € 200. But then I managed to find a really good offer locally, cheaper even than the international offer.

KalaIsPawsome

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Oct 2, 2018
Calgary, AB
I did a little test with a watch last night. I posted on FB Marketplace only. This morning I have 20 messages!

Any recommendations on what to tell these people? Just that it sold elsewhere just before they messaged me? Meanwhile order and then re-list and assume you’ll get the same amount of messages from others when you have it in stock?

I guess I already have leads interested in it so one could message them all back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.