The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Architect-turned-Copywriter *** Grew a $5 Fiverr side hustle into a 5-Figure Digital Marketing Agency

Marketing, social media, advertising

AdrianUwolloh

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
388%
May 17, 2020
Nigeria
Hi, guys. Been lurking on the forums for a while now, and thought it was about time I introduced myself and hopefully get to interact with some interesting people ✌

My name is Adrian Uwolloh, I'm an Architect-turned-copywriter.

Grew up in Nigeria, a 3rd world country with a reputation for terrible leaders and internet scams. (*hint* true, but overhyped)

When I was 16 my dad lost his job and seeing as mom was an unemployed housewife, things became really tough for my family.

I vowed to find a way to give my family a better life, escape Nigeria and eventually travel the world.

My journey to financial freedom began that same year.

I went into college in search of a high paying job that would hopefully change my life, but after reading the 'Millionaire fastlane ', my brain took a reset and I never saw school the same way again.

I studied architecture but never really felt like it was the path for me. It was too much of a slowlane path.

I did learn a lot about design, history and persuading clients so I guess it wasn’t a total waste.

Stumbled on internet marketing during my 2nd year of college (*2016)

Started my online income journey in December of 2016 writing articles on Fiverr for $5 a pop.

After learning about copywriting, marketing, web design, and email funnels, my knowledge about online business grew, and so did my income.

Article writing evolved into sales letters and email copy.

Over the next 4 years, I would read a lot, learn 3 new languages and meet friends and clients from all over the world.

Now I am a 23 year old, proud 5-Figure agency owner.

Plans for this year include scaling my business and to hit the 6-figure mark and traveling more.

Happy to be in this community of like minded people, and I look forward to sharing my knowledge and learning from everyone here.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

AFMKelvin

Some Profound Quote Goes Here
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Jan 26, 2016
Rice, Texas
Hi, guys. Been lurking on the forums for a while now, and thought it was about time I introduced myself and hopefully get to interact with some interesting people ✌

Grew up in Nigeria, a 3rd world country with a reputation for terrible leaders and internet scams. (*hint* true, but overhyped)

When I was 16 my dad lost his job and seeing as mom was an unemployed housewife, things became really tough for my family.

I vowed to find a way to give my family a better life, escape Nigeria and eventually travel the world.

I went into college in search of a high paying job that would hopefully change my life, but after reading the 'Millionaire fastlane ', my brain took a reset and I never saw school the same way again.

I studied architecture but never really felt like it was the path for me. It was too much of a slowlane path.

I did learn a lot about design, history and persuading clients so I guess it wasn’t a total waste.

Started my online income journey in December of 2016 writing articles on Fiverr for $5 a pop.

After learning about copywriting, marketing, web design, and email funnels, my knowledge about online business grew, and so did my income.

Over the next 4 years, I would read a lot, learn 3 new languages and meet friends and clients from all over the world.

Plans for this year include scaling my business and to hit the 6-figure mark and traveling more.

Happy to be in this community of like minded people, and I look forward to sharing my knowledge and learning from everyone here.
How has the landscape changed in 4 years? Are there more people competing with you? What's your advice for someone just starting out?

Devilery

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
195%
Feb 11, 2019

Congratulations!

I'm on a very similar path, just likely, 6 months or a year behind.

I started the same as you, on Fiverr, writing $10 emails. Glad that is not the case anymore..

Now, you mentioned 'agency', so you have employees, right?

Care to share more about how you hired your first copywriters?

I'm at the stage where (even though always raising prices), I get way too many project proposals, so I'm looking to hire (already have few partners in other specialities).

I also just gave test work to two, seemingly skilled junior copywriters, though would appreciate how you got started building your team!

Thanks!

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016
Since its your intro: Welcome to forum ! :)

Congratulation on your success.
It had to be hard for you to start seeing family in dire need,
you can be proud.

Since your business hasn't reach the level you want it to reach, i wish you good luck on the journey.

Keep in mind that not only you can learn, but also can teach someone on this forum. :)

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Great intro my friend, I hear TMF is pretty popular in Nigeria.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Welcome.

AdrianUwolloh

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
388%
May 17, 2020
Nigeria
How has the landscape changed in 4 years? Are there more people competing with you? What's your advice for someone just starting out?
Hi Kevin. In the last 4 years there’s been a lot more competition for sure, but it’s a lot easier to stand out because the competition is pretty much doing the same boring old stuff. For someone just starting out, I’d recommend specializing in a particular niche and copywriting service and also focusing more on understanding your audience to a T, so that your copy appeals to them more than anyone else.

AdrianUwolloh

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
388%
May 17, 2020
Nigeria
Congratulations!

I'm on a very similar path, just likely, 6 months or a year behind.

I started the same as you, on Fiverr, writing $10 emails. Glad that is not the case anymore..

Now, you mentioned 'agency', so you have employees, right?

Care to share more about how you hired your first copywriters?

I'm at the stage where (even though always raising prices), I get way too many project proposals, so I'm looking to hire (already have few partners in other specialities).

I also just gave test work to two, seemingly skilled junior copywriters, though would appreciate how you got started building your team!

Thanks!

For building my team, I outsource a lot with dashclicks and freelancers on upwork. I look for specialized freelancers who have experience with my niche and can replicate or improve my writing style. I usually ask for samples and go with the copywriters that stand out to me.

Personally I focus on email funnels. I come up with the main idea and then give that to junior copywriters to run with.

AdrianUwolloh

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
388%
May 17, 2020
Nigeria
Since its your intro: Welcome to forum ! :)

Congratulation on your success.
It had to be hard for you to start seeing family in dire need,
you can be proud.

Since your business hasn't reach the level you want it to reach, i wish you good luck on the journey.

Keep in mind that not only you can learn, but also can teach someone on this forum. :)

Thanks kid . Great to meet you. I’m also looking forward to teaching as well.

AdrianUwolloh

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
388%
May 17, 2020
Nigeria
Great intro my friend, I hear TMF is pretty popular in Nigeria.

Woah MJ DeMarco actually replied me thread. Its an honor sir. Yes The Millionaire Fastlane is very popular in Nigeria. I’ve forgotten how I got my hands on it, but I think recommended to me by some guy, when I bought his pack of ebooks.
It was life changing.

D

Deleted78083

Hey, great story, very impressive for someone as young as you are! Which languages have you learnt?

AdrianUwolloh

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
388%
May 17, 2020
Nigeria
Welcome @AdrianUwolloh ! Do you plan to just stay with providing the email marketing service or do you plan to branch out into other services?

No not forever. It’s what is generating cash flow for now. I’m currently getting some expert ecomm training and the goal is to build a 6 figure e-commerce brand by the end of this year.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.