The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Appointment Setting Business? (B2B)

GetShitDone

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Dec 20, 2012
Canada
My business is a High Ticket Closer Agency (Basically, I have a team of sales closers that close deals over the phone for businesses on a commission-only basis).

I ALSO have a lead generation service (that identifies 2,000 prospects per month and auto-messages via a messaging campaign them on LinkedIn until they respond...)

The issue?

A lot of businesses don't JUST want us to handle their sales calls + lead generation for them...

They want us to set up their sales calls too by providing them with an Biz Dev/Appointment Setting service.

In other words, they want me to find their potential clients (on LinkedIn) and convince them to get into a sales call as well via back and fourth messaging.

This seems like tons of extra work as it means someone in my team would have to respond back to messages and convince people to hop on a call.

I KEEP getting asked for this.. but I don't have an "appointment setting" team to respond back to messages on LinkedIn (my closers might be able to do it) or know what to charge for it?

Has anyone ran/have experience with an Appointment Setting business before?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
416%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
My business is a High Ticket Closer Agency (Basically, I have a team of sales closers that close deals over the phone for businesses on a commission-only basis).

The issue?

A lot of businesses don't JUST want us to handle their sales calls for them...

They want us to do prospecting + set up their sales calls too by providing them with an Biz Dev/Appointment Setting service.

In other words, they want me to find their potential clients (on LinkedIn) and convince them to get into a sales call as well via back and fourth messaging.

This seems like tons of extra work as it means someone in my team would have to respond back to messages and convince people to hop on a call.

I KEEP getting asked to this.. but I don't have a team (my closers might be able to do it) or know what to charge for it?

I have worked with two different ones. My clients hired them. Both of them offer marketing services, both of them failed at marketing, which is how I got hired.

One thing you can try is admitting that your team is not good at marketing, so you leave that to the experts, but your team is good at sales. And if they want closers, you're the experts at that.

The other option, obviously, is to partner with a marketing agency to handle these requests for you. Then you get a cut of the revenue too.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Singapore

The issue?

A lot of businesses don't JUST want us to handle their sales calls for them...

They want us to do prospecting + set up their sales calls too by providing them with an Biz Dev/Appointment Setting service.

I KEEP getting asked to this.. but I don't have a team (my closers might be able to do it) or know what to charge for it?

Ah..I am in the field.

I am in a financial sales rep. I get pitched by marketing companies all the time to help us find leads.

I understand your frustration that you do not want to get involved in prospecting...Prospecting is hard work. Talking to qualified leads is easy work. Everyone knows that and wants to do the easy work. And the market knows that too.

There are a few ways of charging people to find leads for them.

1) pay per sales.

Many internet marketers claim that you do not pay them until you close deals. I have never engaged their services. Basically they find leads through the internet and I do the closing. If I don't close they get nothing.

2) Hourly pay (mainly)+ Leads quantity(secondary) + leads quantity (least importance)

This is the effort based renumeration package which most marketing/leads generation business are using.

You Hire a surveyor or telemarketer to arrange for appointments. There is hourly wages. For every appointment set there is extra cash bonus. For every closure there is slightly more. But the bulk of it comes for the hourly wages.

GetShitDone

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Dec 20, 2012
Canada
I have worked with two different ones. My clients hired them. Both of them offer marketing services, both of them failed at marketing, which is how I got hired.

One thing you can try is admitting that your team is not good at marketing, so you leave that to the experts, but your team is good at sales. And if they want closers, you're the experts at that.

The other option, obviously, is to partner with a marketing agency to handle these requests for you. Then you get a cut of the revenue too.

I've partnered with a lead gen company, but not an "appointment setting" company.

The lead gen company basically does the prospecting and messages the leads on LinkedIn, but won't engage in convo with them to set the appointment.

Maybe I can partner with an appointment setting company.

I don't tend to call them "marketing companies", because that's a really broad term in my experience.

With that said, I'll see if I can partner.

Ah..I am in the field.

I am in a financial sales rep. I get pitched by marketing companies all the time to help us find leads.

I understand your frustration that you do not want to get involved in prospecting...Prospecting is hard work. Talking to qualified leads is easy work. Everyone knows that and wants to do the easy work. And the market knows that too.

There are a few ways of charging people to find leads for them.

1) pay per sales.

Many internet marketers claim that you do not pay them until you close deals. I have never engaged their services. Basically they find leads through the internet and I do the closing. If I don't close they get nothing.

2) Hourly pay (mainly)+ Leads quantity(secondary) + leads quantity (least importance)

This is the effort based renumeration package which most marketing/leads generation business are using.

You Hire a surveyor or telemarketer to arrange for appointments. There is hourly wages. For every appointment set there is extra cash bonus. For every closure there is slightly more. But the bulk of it comes for the hourly wages.

I've already partnered with a "Prospecting Company" that identifies the target market and messages them on LinkedIn, thus the "lead" will reply back... they just won't do the messaging back and fourth to set up the appointment.

I guess I can try to find an "Appointment Setting" company to partner with to do the 2nd option OR hire a freelancer.

I literally got messaged the other day on LinkedIn about a $200/mo appointment setting service. Crazy cheap and their english is apparently high level too.

PS: This is strictly LinkedIn based. No cold calling included.

EDIT: I've rephrased the original post to be more clear as I understand that it didn't clarify that I already do lead gen for clients - I just need a appointment setting service to provide my clients.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.