The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Apple's Response to the New PC Commercials

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Brilliant ...

I always love how Apple responds to PC's attempt at countering Mac commercials.

I guess this would be a good time for this graphic ...
PWNED%20by%20MJ.jpg

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Afa9C98gZ7w]YouTube - Get a Mac - Elimination[/ame]

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Rawr

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Aug 12, 2007
south florida
The latest "you find it, you keep it" commercials drive me mad. They are just horribly made IMO.

And, this is what I'd do if I was apple.

One poster. One line:

"Apple. Not desperate enough to give people money to buy our products"

• Admin

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
The latest "you find it, you keep it" commercials drive me mad. They are just horribly made IMO.

Yea, I dislike them as well.

PaulRobert

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 15, 2009
New Jersey
Boy has owning a Mac changed my view of owning a PC. At this instant I am writing on my Mac. Props to Apple for their Grade A marketing and advertising. Remember the countdown to the Billionth downloaded app in the App Store? I wonder how much revenue that generated for the developers and for Apple. IMO Apple is the perfect example of how any business should be marketed. Simple, fast and easy.

spb1024

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
May 4, 2009
FL & NY
I was always a fan of Windows since Win95, but now I can't wait till the time comes for me to get a Mac. XP is ok... it's just not stable enough. One thing I can't stand about Macs is the 1-button-mouse, I'm gonna definitely get a microsoft mouse when I get the Mac though.

About the commercials, Apple has it on lock, Microsoft comes back with the worst commercials

jaytrader43

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
May 26, 2008
Jamaica
I was always a fan of Windows since Win95, but now I can't wait till the time comes for me to get a Mac. XP is ok... it's just not stable enough. One thing I can't stand about Macs is the 1-button-mouse, I'm gonna definitely get a microsoft mouse when I get the Mac though.

About the commercials, Apple has it on lock, Microsoft comes back with the worst commercials

Macs do have a 2 button mouse xD.

And the macbooks have 2 finger right click.

I went Mac and I'm never going back.

spb1024

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
May 4, 2009
FL & NY
Macs do have a 2 button mouse xD.

And the macbooks have 2 finger right click.

I went Mac and I'm never going back.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the second button is the scroll right? I would just rather have left click, scroll, right click. And what do you mean about the 2 finger right click?

Rawr

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Aug 12, 2007
south florida
I own both right now

trust me, mac is better after you use it a bit.

only problem is some stuff is not supported (applications, games)

but it is a better laptop.

G_Alexander

Does it Cash Flow?
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
941%
Jun 7, 2008
I really love the iPhone, but I have found no need to switch over to a Mac yet. Even when I picked out my new laptop for college, I stuck with PC.

I'm not one of the people who will argue over the quality of Mac v. PC...because at the end of the day they are both computers that both get the job done no matter what you are trying to accomplish.

I love my PC. I'm sure if I had a Mac...I would love it too.

The commercials are funny though. It's always interesting to see which blow the other side will deliver next!

G_Alexander

neverfastenough

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
26%
Jul 17, 2008
Ca
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the second button is the scroll right? I would just rather have left click, scroll, right click. And what do you mean about the 2 finger right click?

The Apple Mighty Mouse actually has a few different functions. Left click, scroll ( vertically and horizontally), right click, as well as, 2 side buttons which you can set to do what you wish (for instance, clear the desktop or show the dashboard or show all open windows). That being said, I hate the mighty mouse and am quite happy with my Logitech one.

Because the touchpad for all Macs has multi-touch capabilities it can recognize when you press with 2 fingers, which is essentially a right click.

spb1024

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
May 4, 2009
FL & NY
The Apple Mighty Mouse actually has a few different functions. Left click, scroll ( vertically and horizontally), right click, as well as, 2 side buttons which you can set to do what you wish (for instance, clear the desktop or show the dashboard or show all open windows). That being said, I hate the mighty mouse and am quite happy with my Logitech one.

Because the touchpad for all Macs has multi-touch capabilities it can recognize when you press with 2 fingers, which is essentially a right click.

oh ok, thank you.

Redshft

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Nov 5, 2007
Greenville, NC
That being said, I hate the mighty mouse and am quite happy with my Logitech one.

I don't know what is so great about the Mighty Mouse. Every time I use one at school I want to throw it out the window. I also love my wireless Logitech and the Macbook's trackpad is GREAT when going mouseless.

I have two PCs (one with XP and another with Vista) and one Macbook Pro, at any time I would rather work with the Mac. As mentioned earlier, only downfall is lack of support from some applications.

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
I keep hearing that the mac is terrible for gaming . . . so if you want to play computer games, get a PC.

Er . . . does that mean Macs are for more fastlane oriented persons? ;)

-Russ H.

spb1024

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
May 4, 2009
FL & NY
I keep hearing that the mac is terrible for gaming . . . so if you want to play computer games, get a PC.

-Russ H.

Macs are more geared towards the "creative professional" (ie, audio production, graphics design, video production)... (I guess for a while they have been trying to get into the "everyday user" market). A Windows computer supports all that but is just less stable for it. You can use Bootcamp for your Mac and have a dual boot option to boot OSX or Windows and play Windows games on your Mac.

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
spb1024-

Good info. Thanks. :)

I've been using the Mac platform since 1987. My first "real"computer was a Mac Plus (had a Commodore 64 w/a cassette tape drive before that, hooked up to a daisy wheel printer!).

I spent most of the 1990s doing 3-D CAD, so I definitely appreciate the design strengths of the Mac.

In fact, I made a lot of money back then b/c it was so much faster at rendering. :)

-Russ H.

jaytrader43

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
May 26, 2008
Jamaica

-Russ H.

lol ... I have Vista Ultimate running on my Macbook that I use for gami ... I mean programming in C# ... so yeah, Macs rule :D.

spb1024

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
May 4, 2009
FL & NY
spb1024-

Good info. Thanks. :)

I've been using the Mac platform since 1987. My first "real"computer was a Mac Plus (had a Commodore 64 w/a cassette tape drive before that, hooked up to a daisy wheel printer!).

I spent most of the 1990s doing 3-D CAD, so I definitely appreciate the design strengths of the Mac.

In fact, I made a lot of money back then b/c it was so much faster at rendering. :)

-Russ H.

No problem dude, damn thats way back lol

TaxGuy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Apr 28, 2008
Goodyear, AZ
Macs are more geared towards the "creative professional" (ie, audio production, graphics design, video production)... (I guess for a while they have been trying to get into the "everyday user" market). A Windows computer supports all that but is just less stable for it. You can use Bootcamp for your Mac and have a dual boot option to boot OSX or Windows and play Windows games on your Mac.

+1

don't forget that you can get VMware VM Fusion and run both at the same time :smxB:

i'm too cheap to spring for XP(~$180) and Fusion(~$50) :p

but it would be nice to run both, although I'd probably be better suited with a newer MB(I have the 1st gen w/ Intel Core Duo that is maxed at 2gb RAM and 32 bit).

the funny thing is that I bought my MB in Oct '06 b/c I had heard that they made Macs that you could run Windows on, not knowing at the time that Macs were much more expensive than PC's, thankfully I didn't know this as I bought for "quality" and not "price" and have been happy ever since :coolgleamA:

this was after I had my bike wreck(and my old Compaq N800c happened to be in my backpack at the time, so I got insurance money to pay for it).

I do however have some issues with Firefox locking up the whole system, but other than that I have Leopard now and love having Time Machine to supplement my 500gb ext HD.

TaxGuy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Apr 28, 2008
Goodyear, AZ
And oh yea regarding the video- despite working for CDW, I am still having a difficult time figuring out which PC my dad should buy(his "budget" is about $600) and which processor.... not only are there too many Vista's out there, but a million different processors and atleast 10 brands to choose from while there are only 2 different Macs- MB and MBP... both of which the lowest model will suffice and then upgrade on the aftermarket.

I'll probably post a different thread to address this issue as I know having good equipment for his tax biz will free up more time to make it more fastlane :smxB:

spb1024

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
May 4, 2009
FL & NY
And oh yea regarding the video- despite working for CDW, I am still having a difficult time figuring out which PC my dad should buy(his "budget" is about $600) and which processor.... not only are there too many Vista's out there, but a million different processors and atleast 10 brands to choose from while there are only 2 different Macs- MB and MBP... both of which the lowest model will suffice and then upgrade on the aftermarket.

I'll probably post a different thread to address this issue as I know having good equipment for his tax biz will free up more time to make it more fastlane :smxB:

If the computer is for general everyday use, he will be fine with getting a ~$600 laptop from Dell or HP. 600 bucks will get him a Core 2 Duo, 2GB of RAM, and probly a 250GB HD, that will be plenty of power for everyday use. Dell has pretty good support (compared to the rest lol). If a desktop, you can definitely get more bang for the buck :coolgleamA:

spb1024

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
May 4, 2009
FL & NY
+1

don't forget that you can get VMware VM Fusion and run both at the same time :smxB:

i'm too cheap to spring for XP(~$180) and Fusion(~$50) :p

but it would be nice to run both, although I'd probably be better suited with a newer MB(I have the 1st gen w/ Intel Core Duo that is maxed at 2gb RAM and 32 bit).

the funny thing is that I bought my MB in Oct '06 b/c I had heard that they made Macs that you could run Windows on, not knowing at the time that Macs were much more expensive than PC's, thankfully I didn't know this as I bought for "quality" and not "price" and have been happy ever since :coolgleamA:

this was after I had my bike wreck(and my old Compaq N800c happened to be in my backpack at the time, so I got insurance money to pay for it).

I do however have some issues with Firefox locking up the whole system, but other than that I have Leopard now and love having Time Machine to supplement my 500gb ext HD.

VMware is cool for basic stuff, but if gaming, you might want to use Windows natively on bootcamp to free up resources

jaytrader43

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
May 26, 2008
Jamaica
VMware is cool for basic stuff, but if gaming, you might want to use Windows natively on bootcamp to free up resources

Also, if I need to compile a program, Fusion will take forever, while BootCamp just does it.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.