The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

Anyone From The West Living Or Working In Bali?

Accelerate wealth. Build a business that pays freedom. Join more than 70,000 entrepreneurs and register for the Fastlane Entrepreneur forum. Remove ads? Join the INSIDERS.

Scuur

Bronze Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Jan 9, 2017
stonington
I've spent my entire life in the same town. I have been interested in moving to several different places. I currently have had a 10-year long obsession with surfing part of the reason the Fastlane lifestyle is so attractive to me. Most of the places are super expensive obviously all relative but talking 5k+ a month to live in let's say Cali with a decent place and close distance to surf. Looking into Bali seemed super affordable with lots of influencers and other entrepreneurs living out there. Also asking because of a lot of my close friends keep telling me its super unrealistic.

So I just a few questions
1. How did you enjoy your time in Bali?
2. Areas your would recommend to live and work?
2. What did you think about the cost of living in Bali?
3. Where you able to focus on your business?
4. Would you go back to if you just visited Bali?

Arun Siva

aspiring 大君 of the bourgeoisie
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Aug 31, 2016
Bergen
Bali is a beautiful microcasm of Indonesia. I have spent vacation time there. It is truly a beautiful place with great people that are welcoming; After the terror attacks, security has tightened up considerably, but still safe and albeit you wouldnt want to leave! Denpasar is a bustling city and smaller cities of Singaraja and Mangapura are also good. It is very clean and is one of the top areas/regions in all of indonesia in my opinion. Much better then jakarta and indonesian part of borneo of the likes. If you are from small town then maybe transitioning to a Gianyar province Ubud (town) may be forthcoming. However Denpasar is a great city to live i believe (still not expensive in my opinion as the likes of other cities in that region of the world).

I definitely would love to invest there and would love to spend 1.5-2 months per year to unwind when I officially reach FU status.

Arun Siva

aspiring 大君 of the bourgeoisie
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Aug 31, 2016
Bergen

Scuur

Bronze Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Jan 9, 2017
stonington

Thanks for all the info really appreciate it!

I think the thing most intriguing to me is the fact that you don't need an FU status to live there.

Tiago

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
Mar 22, 2014
Hey @Scuur, I have a friend who opened an Amazon business, moved his whole family to Bali for 6 months I think, worked and lived there. He's now living on a boat in Seattle. Would you like me ask him if I could introduce you both?

Loving you,
Tiago

Scuur

Bronze Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Jan 9, 2017
stonington
Hey @Scuur, I have a friend who opened an Amazon business, moved his whole family to Bali for 6 months I think, worked and lived there. He's now living on a boat in Seattle. Would you like me ask him if I could introduce you both?

Loving you,
Tiago

@Tiago That would be amazing. Thank you so much. I'll pm you my email.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2021
Cool - glad to have you. And yes it should help a lot. When you are in the new group just post...
MARKETPLACE NEW: The Best School for Going Fastlane (Now open for summer enrollment)
Hey everyone, I have a big announcement to make about how we are going to be working with...
MARKETPLACE Not sure how to start? This free book will teach you how to build a successful web design business
Hi Fox. Starting the book and got through the introduction. Had a conversation with Andy Black...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Chris is super sharp and is aware of many facets of entrepreneurship and can help get your...
Introducing MJ's Personal Unscripted Network, Join Now for FREE!
Any chance to make it available outside of US? It has been available outside of the US on...

Forum Sponsor

Learn Fastlane Business Skills & Get Profitable Within 30 Days...

Get Started Now

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom