The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Any advice please?

Share your FTE moment...

Hassan90

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Aug 3, 2022
"The difficulty is the opportunity"_ @MJ DeMarco .

I really need your advice Fastlane Forum Members.
I recently discovered an unmet need in my country: Nigeria.
Nigeria was placed second in the global malnutrition burden with 17 million undernourished children. An estimated 2 million children in Nigeria suffer from severe acute malnutrition (SAM), but only two out of every 10 children affected is currently reached with treatment.
To address this problem, i decided to start Ready-To-Use Therapeutic Foods (RUTF) manufacturing business.
Currently, there's a high demand for RUTF in Nigeria because there are no domestic production companies, and only the government and NGOs procure RUTF overseas and distribute it.
In addition, the existing supply chain is very weak and people most affected ate not been reached.

But, there are two problems:
Firstly, the RUTF manufacturing business is capital-intensive. About $350,000 is required to start production.
Secondly, i don't have domain experience in the field of nutrition, and this complicated my ability to raise funds either from bank, or private investors.

What do you think i shall do please?
Currently, I am a first-year medical student.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

DarekW

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Aug 17, 2022

Nigeria was placed second in the global malnutrition burden with 17 million undernourished children. An estimated 2 million children in Nigeria suffer from severe acute malnutrition (SAM), but only two out of every 10 children affected is currently reached with treatment.
To address this problem, i decided to start Ready-To-Use Therapeutic Foods (RUTF) manufacturing business.
Currently, there's a high demand for RUTF in Nigeria because there are no domestic production companies, and only the government and NGOs procure RUTF overseas and distribute it.
In addition, the existing supply chain is very weak and people most affected ate not been reached.

Firstly, the RUTF manufacturing business is capital-intensive. About $350,000 is required to start production.
Secondly, i don't have domain experience in the field of nutrition, and this complicated my ability to raise funds either from bank, or private investors.

In my opinion, you should first check if it is possible for you to succeed in the nutrition industry. You can do this by checking all variables, which would determined can you actually be succeeded or not. For different businesses, it can be different variables. Some of them:
- How many workers do you need?
- Can you reach your client?
- Do you have any distributors?
More about this topic you can read in this thread GOLD! - IDEA - The great way of testing any idea!

Also, you may try with small quantities. Check if your idea would work in your town. Try to do something that will not request a lot of money. In this way you can gain a lot of experience in this industry, and maybe you will find someone who will actually invest in your business.

Practic

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
Nov 29, 2022

"What do you think i shall do please?"

Try to find people who will agree to work with you on revenue sharing business model.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...