The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Any ADD/ADHD Entrepreneurs in here?

chrisbiz4444

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
51%
Aug 9, 2013
RI
I personally have suffered with ADD for years. Being an employee has been a hard ride for me. Doing little task and multitasking is not a strong point for people with this condition. Does anyone here have this condition and how have you coped with it ?

The best remedy for me so far has been coffee/Green tea.It seems to boost my mood and make me more motivated to get things done. I also feel much more sharp after drinking it. My brain just works. Has anyone had this affect with coffee? And have you guys found anything that has helped you significantly? I have heard of extreme success stories about adderall and it is very tempting to try but I know it is not good health wise so I have stayed away from it.

Entrepreneurship and ADHD- While adhd has many negative implications as far a jobs go it seems to have some positive benefits for entrepreneurs. Here are a few cool articles I came across.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/entrepreneurs-superpower-for-some-its-adhd-1310052627559

http://www.coachingforadhd.com/adhd-blog/adults/the-adhd-entrepreneurial-brain-style/

http://www.inc.com/john-warrillow/five-signs-youre-unemployable.html

Weather it is a gift or a curse we all have to live with it if we have it. So I decided to start this thread to talk about ways to be more productive with this condition.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

SeanyHang

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
287%
May 24, 2013
New Jersey
I've never gotten tested for it - but based off of some articles that i've read and the symptoms that seem to linger in the lives of all those diagnosed...I'ddd say that I have it. Like you said, it could be a gift or a curse, it's all going to depend on how you use it.. If you jump from idea to idea because you're always day dreaming about the next big thing your in for a rough ride (this has been my problem).. If you can focus on one idea and let your a.d.d run wild coming up with solutions for any problems that you may forsee - which others wouldn't - I think it can be a blessing. As with most things in life, it's all a matter of attitude, perspective and execution.

If you're looking into something that may be able to help you out with it, you may want to look into Nootropics. They're kind of an up and coming trend at the moment being labeled "smart drugs" or a safe alternative to adderall. I personally have done some research on them recently and decided to pick up a racetram called "Piracetam" which is said to improve cognitive function, improve focus, improve memory, and ease mental fog.. you mix it with water and drink it - it's the worst tasting thing i've ever had BUT it does indeed make me more focused, similar to the focus that you get with a hardcore pre-workout (such as jack3d or c4) but without the jitters. I love supplements, and recommend you do you research on this one.

What have you done to cope?

IAmTheJeff

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Mar 5, 2014
Philadelphia, Pa
I'm a sufferer of extreme ADHD, and I've always refused "traditional" treatments. Coffee has been a huge help throughout the years, but as I get older, it seems to work less - probably have been overdoing it. I've also dabbled with meditation, but you can imagine that it's pretty difficult to execute properly.

The most effective thing I've found so far is - frequent breaks. I take a 5 minute break every 20 minutes and do something completely unrelated to my task. When I go back to work, I TRY to make sure there is nothing near me to distract me from what I'm working on. In fact, I actually had to spend $300 this weekend to add two levels of sound proofing to my office at home so I can't hear the tv on the first floor - my office is on the third floor.

Since I've been working solely on trying to build a business, I find it a lot harder to concentrate because I'm always home, but so far it's working.

Good luck with your journey! I know exactly how difficult it can be to cope with, and I hope my experiences can help someone else find an easier way to get things done!

Mike39

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 17, 2012
Orlando, FL
I have a lot of the "alleged" symptoms of ADHD.

However ADHD is still a matter of debate, not fact. And I don't buy it. My opinion:

ADHD or Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder; a disorder, like you are sick with some crippling lifelong illness. You are sick and need medicine!

Bullshit.

Of course some kids will be easily distracted by boring crap when there are other things they could be doing, some more than others. But no, clearly you're sick and need help.

Maybe I am creative, or smart, or something and I wasn't interested in being turned into a piece of cattle that happens to know Microsoft word/excel. "No, you're sick, have some medicine so you can be more like me."

Coffee helps you focus so you must have ADHD right? Or is it that coffee helps millions of people focus which is why it is one of the most consumed beverages in the world.

I think most people who say they have ADHD use it as an excuse. "I can't focus, it's ADHD, it's not MY fault. If only I didn't have ADHD :(." Maybe it's hard for a lot of people to focus, but some have trained themselves or have the self awareness to sit down and do it? Maybe you lack that skill but instead of acknowledging it as a personal weakness it and fixing it, attribute it to a disorder that is outside of your control.

I think people who say others have ADHD simply see someone who doesn't fit in or isn't conforming to the things they were taught. They must be sick, how can we cure this person who uses their brain too much? They need to be more like me, they must fit in with everyone else!

Bullshit.

/rant

Last edited:

IAmTheJeff

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Mar 5, 2014
Philadelphia, Pa
I have a lot of the "alleged" symptoms of ADHD.

However ADHD is still a matter of debate, not fact. And I don't buy it. My opinion:

ADHD or Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder; a disorder, like you are sick with some crippling lifelong illness. You are sick and need medicine!

Bullshit.

Of course some kids will be easily distracted by boring crap when there are other things they could be doing, some more than others. But no, clearly you're sick and need help.

Maybe I am creative, or smart, or something and I wasn't interested in being turned into a piece of cattle that happens to know Microsoft word/excel. "No, you're sick, have some medicine so you can be more like me."

Coffee helps you focus so you must have ADHD right? Or is it that coffee helps millions of people focus which is why it is one of the most consumed beverages in the world.

I think most people who say they have ADHD use it as an excuse. "I can't focus, it's ADHD, it's not MY fault. If only I didn't have ADHD :(." Maybe it's hard for a lot of people to focus, but some have trained themselves or have the self awareness to sit down and do it? Maybe you lack that skill but instead of acknowledging it as a personal weakness it and fixing it, attribute it to a disorder that is outside of your control.

Or they have been indoctrinated as a child from their parents/peers into believing that just because they operate a bit differently that others, they

I think people who say others have ADHD simply see someone who doesn't fit in or isn't conforming to the things they were taught. They must be sick, how can we cure this person who uses their brain too much? They need to be more like me, they must fit in with everyone else!

Bullshit.

/rant
I'm not sure that it's aptly named, but whatever is not connecting (personally) in my brain, does greatly effect my level of focus. On rare occasion I can focus on a level that allows me to block everything else out, and honestly it's usually in a time when I have no interest in what needs to be done, which sucks. Maybe thats just escapism. Who knows.

Call me a fraud, call me a lunatic, but don't tell me that there's nothing different about my brain, because I certainly am not like most people, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

HappyFighter

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Dec 29, 2013
Philippines
I ain't a practicing entrepreneur yet, but I seem to exhibit traits that they describe as "ADD/ADHD." What I don't like is that how the final D's of those acronyms are labeled as "Disorder." Really? What if in another time those traits were useful, like in hunter gathering societies where people who exhibit those traits are the prime hunters.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hunter_vs._farmer_hypothesis

In my reality I labeled ADD as ADA, which stands for "Attention Deficit Advantage." I reject the reality of people who try to label other people as somewhat inferior. Their reality is not the only reality.

They say that, "We create our own reality." Then I choose the reality that works for me.

Mike39

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 17, 2012
Orlando, FL
Call me a fraud, call me a lunatic, but don't tell me that there's nothing different about my brain, because I certainly am not like most people, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

How do you know what goes on in most people's brains? Can you physically enter someone else's brain and live life as them to compare? I'm not saying some people have a harder time focusing than others, just as some people are naturally better at sports than others. But those are both skills in which you can improve at.

Are people who aren't as naturally good at a sport as someone else now diseased? Is there a pill they have to take for it to change?

ADHD is a way for you to externalize the blame, "it's outside of my control", instead of saying I sometimes struggle to focus but I have the ability to fix it if I dedicate the time and have the desire to do so.

Last edited:

Silverhawk851

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
482%
Sep 22, 2012
Toronto/Traveling
Man, all entrepreneurs are so-called 'ADHD'. Ain't no such thing. Just a different way of thinking, who the F*ck decided what the standard way of thinking was anyway?

Silverhawk851

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
482%
Sep 22, 2012
Toronto/Traveling
You decide your life, you decide to focus, you decide to work all that. Either you decide to, or you don't.
Nobody has a right to tell you that there is something wrong with you. I repeat, who decided what the standard human being 'should' be?

Mike39

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 17, 2012
Orlando, FL
BREAKING NEWS

All kids who cannot kick a kickball as far as the national average to be prescribed anabolic steroids or else deemed sick.

Do not meet with a coach or have your child practice kicking, the prescribed steroids through brute force should curb the effects eventually with continued long term use.

Do not let your child suffer from SLTAKD (Slightly Less Talented At Kicking Disorder) any longer,take action and pick up your needles and juice today!​

Last edited:

IAmTheJeff

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Mar 5, 2014
Philadelphia, Pa
How do you know what goes on in most people's brains? Can you physically enter someone else's brain and live life as them to compare? I'm not saying some people have a harder time focusing than others, just as some people are naturally better at sports than others. But those are both skills in which you can improve at.

Are people who aren't as naturally good at a sport as someone else now diseased? Is there a pill they have to take for it to change?

ADHD is a way for you to externalize the blame, "it's outside of my control", instead of saying I sometimes struggle to focus but I have the ability to fix it if I dedicate the time and have the desire to do so.
I do everything possible to focus, and I've never taken a drug for it. I think there's a bias in the medical field that allows a doctor to create another worker, rather than a free thinking human, by prescribing medicine. I believe it's highly over-diagnosed, and used as a scape for many who want an easy way around things.

I don't externalize the blame, although I do often fail to realize that adjustments are needed if I want to complete an important task.

Listen, I'm not making excuses, I'm not trying to justify anything, and I'm certainly not aiming to support medical intervention. I'm sharing my experiences. Legitimate ADD/ADHD is very often overlooked because every kid that would rather play video games instead of do homework has ADD. THATS the bullshit that you're referring to. THATS the excuse making that you see.

Something as simple as someone tapping their foot can completely ruin a good book for me. I literally have to re read lines four, five, or more times just to make sense of what I'm reading.

For the record, I never received accommodations for any classes or testing, I was always in the top 5% of my class, and scored in the top 2% for every single standardized test I've ever taken. I'm not bragging to be a douche, but to say that if you choose to let something destroy you, it will. Adversely, if you choose to do everything possible to be above a diagnosis of a mental disability, you will overcome it.

Alright, no more out of me on this topic, it's a bit of a no-win for everyone unless you have the original post in mind.

Bowden

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Sep 29, 2010
TAMPA, FL
ADD/ADHD, PTSD, all of it. I refuse to take meds as I have somewhat of an addictive personality. Works well for the most part as I go full throttle when I'm interested in something. Used to drink a lot but now I'm down to once or twice a month. Can't keep Stella out of my life forever!

tafy

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Aug 21, 2013
UK
I agree that that the term adhd is bullshit, dont label yourself with some made up crap disorder man, you may be different to the average joe but it doesnt mean you got a disorder. Chuck that adhd shit away and move onwards.

Bigguns50

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Feb 12, 2013
Sedona, AZ
@chrisbiz4444 I've been taking Wellbutrin for about 15 yrs for ADD. There have been times, like now, that my money is used elsewhere and I'm not taking any. For me, this drug has been incredible. Not taking it makes my life much, much more difficult.

I don't take any drug whatsoever unless I absolutely must and I'm fortunate that my Dr. is on page with me about this.

The best analogy I've thought of for explaining how this has helped me is this: Imagine you walk into a room that has very, very little lighting. Just enough so you don't trip and hurt yourself, but not enough to see some colors, and see everything that's in the room and all the details. I may forget why I walked into this room. And reading...I try...but there are times when I find myself staring at one word..I'm just on 'pause'. This is me without the Wellbutrin.

Now, turn on the brightest lights and walk into the same room. Boom ! Hello ! I see everything clearly...all the details....the subtle different colors. And I remember what I've seen. And reading ? .... I can't get enough of it.

When I'm not on the meds I forget things easily. Things I already know...like people's names, phone numbers, what I was just about to do, etc. This has been embarrassing at times. Of course staying focused on anything is very, very challenging.

To help...yep...coffee. About 3-4 cups / day. Also frequent breaks every 30-60 minutes. Regular exercise (but I've done this before I was diagnosed). A healthy diet.

It bothers me that I really need this medication to perform at my best...but...it is what it is. I've tried many, many, natural supplements over the years and while some of them helped, the Wellbutrin works the best. Writing notes...everywhere...staying organized...calendar updated...it all helps.

chrisbiz4444

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
51%
Aug 9, 2013
RI
I've never gotten tested for it - but based off of some articles that i've read and the symptoms that seem to linger in the lives of all those diagnosed...I'ddd say that I have it. Like you said, it could be a gift or a curse, it's all going to depend on how you use it.. If you jump from idea to idea because you're always day dreaming about the next big thing your in for a rough ride (this has been my problem).. If you can focus on one idea and let your a.d.d run wild coming up with solutions for any problems that you may forsee - which others wouldn't - I think it can be a blessing. As with most things in life, it's all a matter of attitude, perspective and execution.

If you're looking into something that may be able to help you out with it, you may want to look into Nootropics. They're kind of an up and coming trend at the moment being labeled "smart drugs" or a safe alternative to adderall. I personally have done some research on them recently and decided to pick up a racetram called "Piracetam" which is said to improve cognitive function, improve focus, improve memory, and ease mental fog.. you mix it with water and drink it - it's the worst tasting thing i've ever had BUT it does indeed make me more focused, similar to the focus that you get with a hardcore pre-workout (such as jack3d or c4) but without the jitters. I love supplements, and recommend you do you research on this one.

What have you done to cope?

I have looked into piracetam. I have heard many wonderful things about it. However I do not know if it is really safe long term... Right now I am just using coffee and green tea but it does not last long enough. It is just like a boost that fades fast.

chrisbiz4444

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
51%
Aug 9, 2013
RI
@chrisbiz4444 I've been taking Wellbutrin for about 15 yrs for ADD. There have been times, like now, that my money is used elsewhere and I'm not taking any. For me, this drug has been incredible. Not taking it makes my life much, much more difficult.

I don't take any drug whatsoever unless I absolutely must and I'm fortunate that my Dr. is on page with me about this.

The best analogy I've thought of for explaining how this has helped me is this: Imagine you walk into a room that has very, very little lighting. Just enough so you don't trip and hurt yourself, but not enough to see some colors, and see everything that's in the room and all the details. I may forget why I walked into this room. And reading...I try...but there are times when I find myself staring at one word..I'm just on 'pause'. This is me without the Wellbutrin.

Now, turn on the brightest lights and walk into the same room. Boom ! Hello ! I see everything clearly...all the details....the subtle different colors. And I remember what I've seen. And reading ? .... I can't get enough of it.

When I'm not on the meds I forget things easily. Things I already know...like people's names, phone numbers, what I was just about to do, etc. This has been embarrassing at times. Of course staying focused on anything is very, very challenging.

To help...yep...coffee. About 3-4 cups / day. Also frequent breaks every 30-60 minutes. Regular exercise (but I've done this before I was diagnosed). A healthy diet.

It bothers me that I really need this medication to perform at my best...but...it is what it is. I've tried many, many, natural supplements over the years and while some of them helped, the Wellbutrin works the best. Writing notes...everywhere...staying organized...calendar updated...it all helps.

I will have to look into that. Are there any long term side effects?

Red

Nigerian Lottery Prince
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
353%
Feb 23, 2010
Phoenix
The biggest factor in my inability to focus acutely: sugar.

And it's in everything.

The other night I gave myself a "cheat meal" because, well, it had been a while & I wanted it. I sat down later that evening to read a book I'm half way through & found myself reading without comprehension while my mind wandered to other things. I read the same paragraph 5 times & retained nothing. I was like, what the hell is wrong with me? oh.... yeah... F*ck.

We've become disconnected from our physical bodies & the impact that our daily food habits have on it. I'm not saying that sugar is the root cause of ADD/ADHD symptoms, but for me, it's directly correlated & extremely detrimental.

smarty

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jan 2, 2013
I read the title and instantly smelled an excuse...
who cares if you're ADHD or not? and why would you need to put such labels on yourself?
Just do what you need to do and learn what triggers you to enter the full focus zone, that space when you're totally focused and most productive. And repeat it often.
Based on many articles I used to read few years back, I may have ADHD, anxiety disorder, bipolar disorder and what not, but I'm still alive and rocking it LOL.

When I enter my total focus zone, I can work 15 hours non stop and not get bored.
Actually the concept of "boredom" does not exist at that time.

Do what you can with what you currently have and try to improve just a little bit each time! Practice.

Do not wait to hit it big one day, it's not gonna happen. Work on whatever you can, while keeping
an eye to your bigger goal, and learn from experiences. Smaller experiences build up the confidence,
knowledge and persistence. Every experience is a preparation for the big show... ;)

Red

Nigerian Lottery Prince
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
353%
Feb 23, 2010
Phoenix
I read the title and instantly smelled an excuse...

You can derive any conclusions you wish, but you've probably never dealt with the scenario of suddenly being able to think straight after years of cloudy, depressed or disorganized thought. This thread is to help those seeking solutions & improvements. And there's merit in that.

After watching my health decline for years, I finally met with a doctor that had me tested for heavy metals poisoning. I came back with extreme amounts of mercury, cadmium & (get this) uranium. Once we determined that my kidneys were functioning properly, I went on a chelating agent called DMSA. After one week, I felt mildly better (my fog was starting to lift) after two weeks I was feeling pretty good (let's get shit done!) and after the 3rd week oh holy shit I have my life back. I had faint memories of this person who was driven, motivated & ready to conquer the world. I struggled to recall a time when I was hopeful & welcoming to new challenges & ideas. And suddenly it all came rushing back. I finally had myself back.

Sometimes there are factors in play that others have no experience with or idea of. It's easy to pass judgement from a forum thread but it's much more challenging to live it. I hope putting some of my experiences out there can help others because when I finally found answers, I finally got myself back. It had nothing to do with excuses, rather a documented physical malady that is not widely recognized by even current medical practitioners. I really don't give a F*ck what anyone has to say, as I know what helped me get back on track & will do everything I can to help anyone else overcome their own battles. Keep searching for answers, as you'll find them.

Last edited:
A

Angus

oh and by the way, check the way you eat
it all starts in the gut, and you're basically what your bacteria eats
ADD and autism may be caused by autommine conditions
if you have trouble concentrating and you eat like shit, you got the answer
eliminate toxins (wheat, dairy, vegetable oils, legumes, nuts, fructose)
also, check for mineral dificiencies/vitamin deficiencies/metal poisonings
don't take speed just because you're bored with shit you don't like, it's like using perfume because you don't want to shower

ADD is just a result of an era full of entrateinment and processed crap
also, love silverhawk's video :)

smarty

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jan 2, 2013
read the book http://www.amazon.com/dp/0743570480/?tag=tff-amazonparser-20 (no affiliate link)
I applied some of the advice suggested there and I started to notice great change in my energy levels and health overall.

I really don't give a F*ck what anyone has to say, as I know what helped me get back on track & will do everything I can to help anyone else overcome their own battles.
Calm down, no pun intended. Glad you got it back, as did I.

Red

Nigerian Lottery Prince
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
353%
Feb 23, 2010
Phoenix
I think my reaction to your words comes from growing up in a religious household where, if you were depressed, you "weren't right with God." -my mother would have been helped by anti-depressants (and a serious dietary switch) but was afraid to use them for what it supposedly meant about her character/personal failure. They had no idea what she was going through & I'm sure they thought the same thing -quit making excuses.

I was in the grips of severe, crippling depression in 2010. Being self-employed & severely depressed are not a good combination, as I managed to deplete my life savings while struggling to *just make myself work*... I found some relief in anti-depressants which lifted me off the ground so I could at least crawl towards progress (I was in bed crying before that). The small boost that the anti-depressants afforded enabled me to continue my search for answers in my What The Hell is Wrong With Me search. I eventually found out about the metals testing & changing my diet which have made ALL The difference in the world. I was on anti-depressants for about a year (the side effects SUCKED, but...) they enabled me to crawl forward & even crawling is progress.

For some people, a diet change fixes things. For others, it's lithium. Still others benefit from metal chelation. What I'm saying here is, you have to find out what works for YOU & while people can offer suggestions & help/guidance, it's up to you figure your own system out & what you need. You can choose to throw your hands up in the air & go, "Well, I guess I'm just ________." Or you can seek answers, tweak things & fine tune your regimine until you're functioning at a level you feel is right for you. Just because you've been diagnosed with something doesn't mean you have no control & have no impact on your current situation. Isn't that why we're all entrepreneurs? Because we feel it's within our scope of abilities to make our future what we want? Why is our health any different?

Magik

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
255%
Sep 23, 2013
I've been there, and still fight it. Some of it has to do with poor habits. Some of it also has to do with interruptions. But some of it is how I'm wired.

I avoid big pharma. The best thing that has helped me is taking B-Complex timed release and kava-kava. The B-Complex gives me energy, the kava curbs anxiety. I haven't found anything better yet.

SGBoise

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
Jan 21, 2014
I'm not a big fan of labeling with disorders or addictions. Some people have serious problems that should be belt by medical professional. The one that gets me that someone decided to classify overweight as a disease.

But for most people, I would say they are only habits. You have bad habits that may seam like a disease or a medical condition. It's all about queues and rewards. You have a queue that makes you take an action which gets you the reward. The power of habits is that you can change them.

I would recommend everyone read "Power of Habits". This one of those books that is a life changer and it's based on scientific studies and not on some guys opinion.

James Fake

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
May 4, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
I love my (self-diagnosed) ADHD... it allows me to hyper-focus obsessively on something that interests me for hours/days/months until I master it. On the other hand; I want some ice cream.

Formless

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Oct 27, 2013
The biggest factor in my inability to focus acutely: sugar.

+1

Bread, potatoes, pasta, rice, milk & sweet foods (including fruit) all make me a Zombie.

chrisbiz4444

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
51%
Aug 9, 2013
RI
it all starts in the gut, and you're basically what your bacteria eats
ADD and autism may be caused by autommine conditions
if you have trouble concentrating and you eat like shit, you got the answer
eliminate toxins (wheat, dairy, vegetable oils, legumes, nuts, fructose)
also, check for mineral dificiencies/vitamin deficiencies/metal poisonings
don't take speed just because you're bored with shit you don't like, it's like using perfume because you don't want to shower

ADD is just a result of an era full of entrateinment and processed crap
also, love silverhawk's video :)

My diet is extremely strict. I eat no junk and I get everything I need to in. I'm athlete/gym junkie so its a lifestyle

chrisbiz4444

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
51%
Aug 9, 2013
RI
I think my reaction to your words comes from growing up in a religious household where, if you were depressed, you "weren't right with God." -my mother would have been helped by anti-depressants (and a serious dietary switch) but was afraid to use them for what it supposedly meant about her character/personal failure. They had no idea what she was going through & I'm sure they thought the same thing -quit making excuses.

I was in the grips of severe, crippling depression in 2010. Being self-employed & severely depressed are not a good combination, as I managed to deplete my life savings while struggling to *just make myself work*... I found some relief in anti-depressants which lifted me off the ground so I could at least crawl towards progress (I was in bed crying before that). The small boost that the anti-depressants afforded enabled me to continue my search for answers in my What The Hell is Wrong With Me search. I eventually found out about the metals testing & changing my diet which have made ALL The difference in the world. I was on anti-depressants for about a year (the side effects SUCKED, but...) they enabled me to crawl forward & even crawling is progress.

For some people, a diet change fixes things. For others, it's lithium. Still others benefit from metal chelation. What I'm saying here is, you have to find out what works for YOU & while people can offer suggestions & help/guidance, it's up to you figure your own system out & what you need. You can choose to throw your hands up in the air & go, "Well, I guess I'm just ________." Or you can seek answers, tweak things & fine tune your regimine until you're functioning at a level you feel is right for you. Just because you've been diagnosed with something doesn't mean you have no control & have no impact on your current situation. Isn't that why we're all entrepreneurs? Because we feel it's within our scope of abilities to make our future what we want? Why is our health any different?

Can you please tell me more about metals testing. Also, what do you mean its lithium? As in taking a supplement. Where can I go to get this kind of testing done?

Chris R

Desire. Logic. Fear.
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Oct 9, 2013
Does anyone here have an opinion on PTSD? Cuz I'll tell you what, I almost lost my life a year and a half ago due to an explosion and it feels pretty F*ckin' real to me. Scatter brained, anxiety, even the prescribed sleeping pills only knock me out for an hour or so before the thoughts and flashbacks hit and wake me up. It's a bitch

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.