The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Another 'What would YOU do with this domain name?'

Dutchy

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
Apr 20, 2011
London
Hey everyone, I've owned the domain ** for a while now and was contemplating renewing it just this morning (it was due to expire). I had bought a food recipe theme about two years back but backed out as I was distracted with other projects and didn't feel I could offer anything unique or better in the marketplace.

Now I've got it for another year, I'm determined to not just let it sit there anymore. I think it's a great name and feel it has potential branding-wise.

Any tips would be appreciated! Have a great Sunday :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
Is that a typo domain or what?

Delete it before one of the environ brands sues you..

Paul Weese

Life is about living
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Jan 19, 2014
Steamboat Springs, CO
Some ideas I have are:
selling organic products to grow foods
selling products to make homes toxin free
home interior design platform
discussion forum on natural home based themes/lifestyle
making a comic brand that taught kids how to Earth friendly

tafy

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Aug 21, 2013
UK
Dump it, not worth even thinking about

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
Why do people buy domain names and then try to figure out a business to build around it. Makes no sense to me.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
448%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Dump it, not worth even thinking about

I disagree. I think it's pretty good, definitely worth a keep for two bucks.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012

DennisD

Mini Media Mogul
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jun 16, 2012
Bali, Indonesia
Make it a directory of all Farm-To-Table marketplaces in america, wherever you can buy fresh produce without going through a grocery store or retailer or second-hand etc.

Populate the initial information yourself by hand (or hire an elancer to do it for you), see where it takes you.

ericj

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
70%
Jun 4, 2012
GA
The only thing that comes to mind when I see "environmenu.com" is a site that sells or promotes products that you would consume that also support the environment in some way. Maybe products that are produced in a "green" fashion, or also organic non gmo foods.

Dutchy

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
Apr 20, 2011
London
Some awesome feedback which is much appreciated everyone! Will see where it goes, I really like DennisDuty's ideas as well, great idea!

Yeah, I see that you fixed the typo now.

Ah yes you are absolutely right! I read your reply and then later on noticed the typo when I came back to the thread. Sorry about that, didn't realize you were referring to that typo at the time, forgot I corrected it! I think Vigilante saw it with the typo as well. Was fixed when MJ popped by.

Why do people buy domain names and then try to figure out a business to build around it. Makes no sense to me.

To answer Allen's very valid question, back in the day when I bought it the idea was to make it the food recipe site I mentioned earlier. It didn't pan out and I lost the motivation for it to be honest. It was a stretch for sure and the "there's a cool name, I could try this and see where it takes me" was certainly there, just wasn't executed well and the drive was lost.

Thanks to everyone for your feedback, much appreciated! Now to take action!

JoeB

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
218%
Jul 17, 2014
UK
I don't see why so many people are insistent in 'doing something' with a domain name, just because they previously registered it for like $10

Also, I saw a post the other day that said "I'm also building a business doing xxxxxx. I have even bought a domain name for it. Now all I have to do is think of what it will do, build a website, make a product, market it and I'm good to go." Like they had got the hard bit out of the way and is was all easy going from now on.

It's just a domain name.

Blackadder

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Sep 17, 2013
The Ozark Mountains
You might think about getting an organic cookbook prepared possibly even a found foodstuffs type of cookbook (survivalist fare) Then selling it with clickbank.

Joshua Kundert

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Oct 30, 2014
I would say it depends on your true motivation, if you wanted to follow suit with some of the ideas that people have give you but don't have the time, then maybe you could decide what you want to do, figure out a way to generate some income and pay a virtual assistant to do the work for you.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.