The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Analysis paralysis on specialized skill to start

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

IntelligentIdiot

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
550%
May 19, 2023
Hello everyone, having a bit of a dilemma here. I’m starting from nothing and trying to decide which skill to initially learn for income. I’m stuck between web design, copywriting, and running Google ads. For those more experienced, which of these would you recommend for someone with no experience to get off the ground running?

Not looking for a handout or the easiest but advice on which one would likely be the most worthwhile to develop a growing income within a few months or less with consistent effort. For me this is a stepping stone and a foundational income/specialized skill to allow me to venture into something long term and fastlane. Thank you for any answers in advance

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
555%
Apr 17, 2022
Although @Kak would strongly recommend copywriting, I would say go with the web design and get the ball rolling as soon as possible.

Don't get stuck into the learning phase for too long. See how you can start helping people and getting paid for it. Revisit the theory and learning as needed.

Always strive for project-based learning, since this the most effective way to acquire a new skill.

Jon822

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
270%
Nov 21, 2016
What's the reason behind limiting yourself to these three choices?

Oso

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
299%
Jan 18, 2022
Go with web design. Mostly because you'll inherently learn the other skills as you progress in web design/development, so you get paid while knowing the pool of knowledge is infinite. Win/win.

Cheers.

Subsonic

How you do anything is how you do everything
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
281%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany
Hello everyone, having a bit of a dilemma here. I’m starting from nothing and trying to decide which skill to initially learn for income. I’m stuck between web design, copywriting, and running Google ads. For those more experienced, which of these would you recommend for someone with no experience to get off the ground running?

Not looking for a handout or the easiest but advice on which one would likely be the most worthwhile to develop a growing income within a few months or less with consistent effort. For me this is a stepping stone and a foundational income/specialized skill to allow me to venture into something long term and fastlane. Thank you for any answers in advance
Honestly go and find what problem you can solve for the market.
Then go backwards on what skills you need to do that. This way your learning has purpose.
If I was you I'd learn all 3 skills which will give you the baseline skill of making loads of money online.

If you go with good masterclass/udemy courses with about 300 hours (half a year if you consistently do the lessons) you should have all the skills.

DistressedDenim

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
May 10, 2018
US
A lot of people recommend web design. Do that, but I'd also throw SEO into that and make it a combination of SEO and web design.

A lot of people will say SEO is dying but I think learning SEO will take you a long way if you can sell rankings to people as well as a good website.

However, as the above said, you might be better off starting by finding a profitable problem. Then, figure out what skills you will need to solve it.

Get your hands dirty. Start a low-cost startup like a niche website, and learn by trying to rank it first. You'll learn so much about SEO, and a lot about web design and optimization if you do that.

Absar

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Jan 9, 2023
Although @Kak would strongly recommend copywriting, I would say go with the web design and get the ball rolling as soon as possible.

Don't get stuck into the learning phase for too long. See how you can start helping people and getting paid for it. Revisit the theory and learning as needed.

Always strive for project-based learning, since this the most effective way to acquire a new skill.
hey,
I've made quite a few projects in web design as well as development,
I also made one for a person in exchange for a review.

Now, The easiest place to go to get clients is freelancing sites to me but there's too much competition, especially in the web niches,

what are some other ways I can go to get clients as a new dude in the market?
Like cold emailing or calling, or ads?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.